Suicide Eating Yourself To Death - Page 2 of 2

Name: KidEnglish Comments: Many years ago - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2010 - 4:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2010 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Suicide Eating Yourself To Death
A Friend

Suicide Eating Yourself To Death - Page 2

I can't help but noticing the immaturity in the OP. Firstly, who are we to make judgments at all? I believe obesity is always a question of mental or physical (or both) disorder. So when you compare yourself against an obese person, while you don`t have the same mental/physical problem, it`s not a "fare game", is it?

This is satan playing with your mind. I too get those kind of thoughts when I see severely obese people buying unhealthy food. But I try to replace those thoughts with what I know - that he/she has a problem I don't know about. Usually, when we silently attack people who don't live up to our standards (which should be God's standards), there is a fair chance we too have some sort of problem. We all have that, it's just a matter of what kind.

I might be wrong, but from what I see in most countries, unhealthy food is so much cheaper than healthy food. Some people don't really have a good choice of what to eat.

IMO, flee from those thoughts, educate yourself about it and maybe you will understand one day and even better, be able to help them.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2010 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Death Yourself Eating Suicide

Name: KidEnglish

Comments: Many years ago I heard a talk by Sterling W. Sill about the Word of Wisdom. In his talk he said something that has stuck with me for 40 years. He said that we should be glad that all sins are not as visible or stinky as some Word of Wisdom problems can be. The reason for this is that if all our sins stunk like some of the Word of Wisdom problems we couldn't sit in this chapel together because of the awful stench we would all create.
Being overweight is not easy for the people that are that way, most of them would prefer to be at a healthier weight but don't judge these people without knowing what is in their heart. Their weight could be the result of countless underlying problems without them wanting to slowly kill themselves.
I am old enough to have seen loved ones die from complications from smoking when these loved ones struggled desperately to quit. I have had loved ones fight obesity and lose. The challenges we face whether it is obesity, Word of Wisdom, or maybe something else are not necessarily a sin of wickedness. They may have been triggered by bad circumstances.
It is not our place to judge others about this. If we do we bring our own condemnation closer.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Suicide Eating Yourself To Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,