Northern Rock Bank

Northern Rock Bank - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th May, 2008 - 3:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2007 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Northern Rock Bank

Northern Rock

Relief as Northern Rock shares up

Shares in Northern Rock rise after the government guarantees to protect savers' deposits.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7000035.stm

Sponsored Links:
18th Sep, 2007 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Bank Rock Northern

I feel really sorry for this building society. They were only trying to be fair to their investors by being so honest and saying that they were receiving help from the bank of England. Unfortunately for them, their honesty backfired, and they ended up with their investors 3 days on the run, queueing for hours to retrieve their money and close down accounts. I can see it from both sides, especially if you've got savings you'd be worried that they'd disappear, but by everyone rushing in, it just made the matter worse.
I'm glad they've got some help at last to stabilize the situation!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

18th Sep, 2007 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Northern Rock Bank History & Civil Business Politics

Actually, I was wondering if you got caught in this personally DianceC? Plus, isn't there some kind of depositor's insurance in the UK that would prevent the loss of savings?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

18th Sep, 2007 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Bank Rock Northern

I didn't personally get caught in this, but it did make me wonder how this bank got into this state (as it is one of the more reputable ones), and how things would stand if more banks faced ruin like this.
I don't think there is any type of insurance regarding banks in the UK, but I could be wrong.
My ex bosses parents were major shareholders in Lloyds that went bankrupt, and they lost millions of pounds in it as they were held accountable, and lost not only their wealth but their home etc, it affected even the small share holder very badly also.
Unless there have been changes made to the law since then that I don't know about.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2007 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Bank Rock Northern

They Run!

The chief executive and directors of Northern Rock resign in the wake of the financial troubles at the bank.
Ref. BBC

17th Feb, 2008 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Northern Rock Bank

Wouldn't it be nice that if every time your business went through the government could show up and bail you out?

QUOTE (BBC)
Troubled bank Northern Rock is to be nationalized by the government, the BBC has learned.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th May, 2008 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Northern Rock Bank

Rock shareholders begin legal bid

Northern Rock shareholders are launching a court challenge over compensation they are due to receive.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7389304.stm

Post Date: 8th May, 2008 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Northern Rock Bank
A Friend

Northern Rock Bank Politics Business Civil & History

It is going to be interesting on how this plays out. Investing is a risk and you should not be awarded compensation when your investment dies

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Northern Rock Bank

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,