Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 18 of 26

Out of Character: True that. People do something - Page 18 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 18th Mar, 2013 - 6:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 26 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (26) »
Closed
Play by Post Science Fiction If you have questions, comments or discovered a bug then please place your reply here and be as detailed as you can so we can help. Thanks.
14th Mar, 2013 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 18

From experience its a great idea because I know the benefits of a leader but at the same time where just copying and pasting their actions not really altering it. There could be a balance between what the players put and the leader capping everything off.

Sponsored Links:
14th Mar, 2013 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Earth Future

As I see it, a Party Leader can't be just somebody that copies and pastes the actions. Such a figure is only useful to collect all the actions in a single post, so much more a scribe than a leader. The rules of JB games state clearly that the Leader is responsible for: marching order, players respecting the timeline, actions being posted, creating a group.
A scribe can't do that, it requires a leader. So, I keep on my idea: put rules and enforce them. A small group without a leader can still survive but a large group without a leader will only be similar to screaming cats during the mating season. You have a hard time managing confusing posts? Rise your voice to make sure they will not be confusing anymore. As I said, I'm ready to help and agree common rules for the two games if you feel like it could help. I will set rules in World of Medieval very soon, anyway.

15th Mar, 2013 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Game Master says...

I've thought about this before because I never like burdening any one Member with a task so that it becomes tedious rather than fun. Here are some proposals:

1. I create a form where each Player sends me their action privately (this may also be good for deceptive Players)

2. Each Player Posts his own action in the Party Leader Thread but I will only update the Scenario when the Party Leader gives the OK (unless of course everyone is late by default)

3. We keep as we are doing it now.

4. Some other system I have not thought of as yet within this type of RPG environment

16th Mar, 2013 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Page 18 Questions and Support Earth Future

I was looking to see Fair's choice but since she hasn't added her reply yet I like 1 and 2 but the only thing with 1 is there needs to be a way to show player's actions otherwise they will say something like "I didn't say that!".

16th Mar, 2013 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Earth Future

I don't like number 1 because will cause the game to become random. We don't know what the others are doing and that means that mister A will screw up the action of mister B. Example: the party finds a bottle of wine. A will state he drinks it, B says he puts it in his backpack and C uses it to build a Molotov. Who takes the action and who will arrive too late?

Not only. It would become impossible to act as a group. Ok, this is not Dungeons & Dragons but a party being a party is the base of any Role Playing Game. Otherwise, better playing solo adventures. I know I sound like a looping commercial, but the only solution is getting organized. That's the main reason why humanity always elected a leader, created nations and gathered into stable settlements: organization.

16th Mar, 2013 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions

I get what fair is saying. Have a conversation thread if required prior to the actions being posted. Prevents multiple actions, which I am quilts of, and should help people not forget. But it could cause problems with the timeline.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Mar, 2013 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 18

I like 2. I also like 1 but not having the option to see the action is scary but certainly can be very dramatic to get a surprise move form a player.

18th Mar, 2013 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 18

Out of Character: True that. People do something different than they say they will do. I can see discussion in the squad about taking the left turn and then you read someone decided to hide and took a right turn instead. That would bring some emotions into the game for sure. laugh.gif

> TOPIC: Future Earth Support & Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,