Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 19 of 26

It is good that you brought it up because - Page 19 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 28th Mar, 2013 - 6:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 26 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (26) »
Closed
Play by Post Science Fiction If you have questions, comments or discovered a bug then please place your reply here and be as detailed as you can so we can help. Thanks.
28th Mar, 2013 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 19

JB, we're thinking about having only two choices of clothes that might make us look the same. Plus are there any badges or patches in the clothing saying we're a production company?

Sponsored Links:
28th Mar, 2013 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Earth Future

The Game Master says...

What I gave was a general description, however I did indicate there were different types / sizes, etc. This also includes styles, for instance there may be a red t-shirt and a blue one. Different colored pants, jump suits, etc. I did not go into detail because colors are not relevant to the Scenario but the "Type" is relevant.

There are no patches or indicators on your clothes. If there were you might have to explain that if asked or it could be a way to verify if you are genuine, there is more anonymity in being as plain as possible as opposed to descriptive and unique such as the clothing you wear.

28th Mar, 2013 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions RPGs PBP Fiction Science

I have another question, JB. If we have to pretend we are producing a documentary, why we have not been given the technical tools to actually produce it? Simple cam-corders on a tripod is far inadequate even counting a superior technology. Making a documentary, with variable weather conditions, requires microphones if not lights, set of batteries and all the equipment for direction and editing. Moreover this equipment should be enough to support the idea that seven workers are necessary since no commercial company would send useless people only for rising the numbers.

28th Mar, 2013 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 19 Questions and Support Earth Future

The Game Master says...

The tripod contains everything relevant for film production: lights, camera, sound recorder, etc. During this Future Earth period you do not need huge equipment (as in these times) to accomplish making a documentary.

You will have to be creative in deciding why there is 'X' number of you for the documentary, it is not up to me to hint or come up with a plan for you in this regard.

28th Mar, 2013 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Earth Future

I guess I have to be satisfied with the answer, even if I don't consider it explanatory. Ok for the technology solving all the practical problems (I agree is a game and not a film making simulation), but when it comes to our disguise our employers should provide a full story covering us all since it was them proposing the documentary producers cover and even forcing the party to get stripped of all the equipment. Or else allow us to make our own story in which case it would be more than reasonable leaving all the explanations to the group.
Anyway, I'm not protesting or criticizing, just expressing my opinion. In a real situation, I doubt a group of professionals would accept the assignment under such conditions: independents would hardly freely choose to become cannon fodder. For us is different because we have no choice (unless we refused the scenario which is totally out of question considering the time and effort you put on it).
Is maybe only me, but I feel we don't stand a chance. We have limited information, limited equipment and not even a good cover story to go with. Is like walking blindfolded towards the crevice.

28th Mar, 2013 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions

The Game Master says...

spock.gif This Thread is for Support only (in other words clarification of existing Rules or existing situation in the game) it is not meant as a way to solve your in game troubles, puzzles or questions that characters may have and for which they will need to put actions on THEIR solultion.

Right now your characters are in front of workers at Inventory, they put cases in front of you to select items. You are still at the base and have not even left for your intended destination. It is now up to YOU to decide YOUR actions, YOUR questions, and so forth in game and not for me to solve these issues by using a Support Thread to just lay it all out for you. I could understand your gripe IF you entered a room and was suddenly tele-ported to the middle of the jungle only to scratch your head afterwards.

As I keep having to say in these games I run: I will not go faster than the timeline of the game. Players have a tendency to get a mission and then want to have all the answers dropped in their lap at the 'push of a button' even if in the game they are not in a situation or stage to get those answers. This might be because of the 'excitement' or maybe impatience to get 'an answer' to a situation their character is in. A simple example of this will be wanting to get information from a computer that is not on. Your actions will need to be turn it on, check for 'X', etc. THEN I give you the result (if possible) as opposed to: I see computer, give me information - where is the role-play in that?

My games are intended not just for results (an answer to an action) but as an excuse (a reason for character interaction) to role-play.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Mar, 2013 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 19

I see your point and I understand it. I posted it here because I thought that putting it in the Brainstorm thread without making it an action would have been an incorrect way of bringing up the issue. Something like smiling to somebody and then starting criticizing him as soon as the person left the room (a behavior I hate and that is far too common in real life). I will follow your advice and bring up the subject in the proper place.

28th Mar, 2013 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 19

The Game Master says...

It is good that you brought it up because it helps reinforce the purpose of my custom role-playing games as well as my role as GM. It also helps others who are wondering what their role as a Player in Future Earth is all about. Players from common games (Dungeons & Dragons, Traveller, etc.) tend to get information easily, but real life is not like that (although I wish it could be) and I try to make my games as true to life as possible letting Players know that anything is possible but not free from consequences. Therefore both omission and commission have their respective rewards in role-playing. For instance in some of my past Scenarios it was the person that gave them the job that was the enemy and they just played into the trap. Players tend to think like this: get job (any job), get info, go kill, get money - how boring.

> TOPIC: Future Earth Support & Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,