Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 20 of 26

JB, where is the translator? Is a stand-alone - Page 20 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 18th May, 2013 - 2:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 26 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (26) »
Closed
Play by Post Science Fiction If you have questions, comments or discovered a bug then please place your reply here and be as detailed as you can so we can help. Thanks.
1st Apr, 2013 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 20

Sorry for more questions but because we're getting some high tech stuff does it mean our characters automatically know what it is and how to use it, for instance like the implants, Major will want to know what data is on it.

Sponsored Links:
1st Apr, 2013 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Earth Future

The Game Master says...

Depending on your character's background it may be that they know something about it or be experts in it. Things that may be 'new' technology, for example something that is not common for us today, I try to describe within the Scenario. If it is not well understood you can ask questions about the object here in Supoort.

16th Apr, 2013 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions RPGs PBP Fiction Science

JB, I would like to ask for more details about the ID chips. You said that, after getting the implants, we felt like the objects we were carrying were part of our life: the picture, the chain or the ring became something significant for us and not just a disguise. Does it mean we have new personalities now: a past we remember, a new name? Also, does the chip tell us which kind of job we are supposed to do or we have to decide it by ourselves? What I mean is: if somebody asked Nathan who is the director or which is the task of a specific component of our group, would he know it automatically or we have to decide it assigning a specific role to each character?
Thank you in advance for your answer (is not flattery, is just that I know you always answer (laugh)).

16th Apr, 2013 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 20 Questions and Support Earth Future

The Game Master says...

Bruconero: Does it mean we have new personalities now: a past we remember, a new name?

In the future the ID chip implants are used by everyone (save for very primitive cultures) to identify themselves. They are intertwined with your biology so it cannot be hoaxed.

What makes your ID chip implants unique is that it disguises the real you with 'someone' you want to be. Thus you do know your original self but you are also able to recall another fictitious character at will. The details of the character's name, background and so forth are up to you. Hence you were given a chance to chose your general 'role'.

What I mean is: if somebody asked Nathan who is the director or which is the task of a specific component of our group...

For some things I will require your own ingenuity to approach a question based on your 'new' self, however in general the intricacies of your background will be taken as simply known and I will not ask you for that. However, your involvement with each other is not part of your ID chip implant, thus it will be up to you to explain that. Keep in mind the ID chip is about you... Not others.

17th May, 2013 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Earth Future

Two specific questions about translation and languages please.

The first, with my linguistic skills can I understand the natives?

The second, did we get translators and if so shouldn't they translate the natives?

Post Date: 17th May, 2013 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions
A Friend

Future Earth Support & Questions

At the beginning of the scenario you said that we would be getting a language translator. Is this something we have and it needs to be turned on or is it something that just couple of us are carrying.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th May, 2013 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions - Page 20

The Game Master says...

The translating device is for use with the natives and is part of your comm gear. It is not a general purpose translating attachment. You do need to specifically say you are using it for it to work.

For the skill of linguistics you need to specifically say you want to use the skill and then I will tell you which dice to roll and what the outcome of success will be.

Please bare in mind that I do not provide automatic information. You need to specifically state you want to use X or do X for me to let you know the outcome in the story.

18th May, 2013 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Future Earth Support & Questions Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 20

JB, where is the translator? Is a stand-alone device or is part of a specific piece of our gear? It was not listed between the items provided by our employers so we were not aware of having it. I'm asking because, if is part of another piece of our equipment, somebody could unintentionally drop it when getting rid of an item (who knows, anything can happen). If it is a stand-alone device I will add it to my inventory.

> TOPIC: Future Earth Support & Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,