Low Self Esteem - Page 4 of 8

Sometimes when we are happy we love who we - Page 4 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th Oct, 2003 - 5:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
[Psychology] How can I get it up and make it stay there so i can feel good about myself and others!
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2003 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Self Esteem - Page 4

I can't really think of anyone I would want to be; but as many have said I would like to be a beter me.  I would like to go back about thirteen years and make some different choices - that is what I would like.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2003 - 10:12am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Esteem Low

Its hard to have a high self esteem when the world tells you that you dont match up, alot of the world judges people on their position on the ladder of worldly success. If people are constantly made to feel inferior, (even if really they are not) its going to end up effecting them.

Alot of people have no-one to blame but themselves for the situation that they are in in life, but on the other hand some people are just victims of circumstance.

We probably shouldn't have a low self esteem just because life seems to have dealt us a bad hand, but for those who are in this kind of situation they will know how hard it is to keep your head up high when the world tells you you aren't worth as much as the next guy just because of your situation.

The challenge is to keep a high self esteem despite what ever life may throw at you and dont let anything or anyone drag you down.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2003 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Self Esteem Health & Special Psychology

"The challenge is to keep a high self esteem despite what ever life may throw at you and dont let anything or anyone drag you down."

I agree with bell_leE there are always going to be things that get you down you just have to find a way to deal with it I try to see the funny side of things.

27th Sep, 2003 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Esteem Low

In this day and age of media madness, particularly in the USA, it's difficult for many people to separate themselves from the images they are inundated with every day from TV shows and advertising.  Advertising is designed to make us feel inferior if we don't have what they are selling.  It's designed to make us feel inadequate if we don't have the latest toy, whether that "toy" is good for us or not.  We are a consumer-driven society.  The national economy is based on whether or not we, as consumers, are buying anything.  We live to consume.  And if we aren't consuming at the same rate as everyone else, well, then we are not as highly regarded.

I'm so glad I no longer have commercial TV in my home.  I feel much better about my self, my family, and my life.

But the number one difference in my self esteem is service to others.  Why that should make me feel better, I'm not really sure.  Is it in the scriptures somewhere?  At any rate, giving of myself to help another has made the greatest change in me.

IMO
Roz

28th Sep, 2003 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Esteem Low

SofiaTucker

I would like to go back about thirteen years and make some different choices - that is what I would like.

Tell me about it, but this is the same I guess as 'knowing the future' since it is likely that we may have made the same decisions if we were not going based on the errors of our choices.

Advertising is designed to make us feel inferior if we don't have what they are selling.

Very true, and most of the times it makes something that is already good worst off than before. Here is a simple example. I know of a woman who had beautiful cocoa brown eyes which is truly a rare eye color. She was very insecure and bouth green contacts that made her 'feel' good but honestly it looked fake and did not suit her.

Acceptance of self, love of self is so important, especially in these days.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2003 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Self Esteem

My Self Esteem is pretty good.  I haven't done anything majorly wrong and i hope not to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Oct, 2003 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Low Esteem - Page 4

I think most people who suffer of love self esteem is because of several reasons but mostly because they were not encouraged at their home, they were not told that they were important and loves no matter what, instead maybe they were call ugly names and stuff and the impressions we set upon children (whether are good or bad) endures a lifetime...

Post Date: 4th Oct, 2003 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Esteem Psychology Special & Health - Page 4

Sometimes when we are happy we love who we are, then other times when we are sad we feel worthless & unimportant, we will become what we believe our selves to be. Some people are working all there life and focus on making money yet no matter how rich they are there never satisfied, want more. And more is never enough for them, and then other people don’t really have that many friends and luxuries yet they "accept" their life and themselves as they are! The moment you sit back and accept is when you will be content with what you have, but accepting who you are doesn’t necessarily mean to say that you don’t have to try to be good, like you all said just be the best you can be and accept it:) yes I’m happy to be me.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Low Self Esteem

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,