Low Self Esteem - Page 7 of 8

QUOTE What are some examples of low esteem - Page 7 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 16th Feb, 2010 - 9:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 
[Psychology] How can I get it up and make it stay there so i can feel good about myself and others!
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2008 - 8:11am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Self Esteem - Page 7

I didn't pay much attention to self esteem when I was young as I had my parents to always coddle and make me feel good when things don't turn the way I want them to be. My fight was their fight. Then I grew up and entered university, I discovered that my parents weren't always there for me and growing up means having to decide things for yourself and face the consequences with less people, if none, at your back. It was a great change, but hard. My self esteem was honed through tough experience and concrete mind set and being constructively stubborn. I guess I was forced to learn it as this world pays little attention to people that lacks of it. For the parents though, it's better to teach your child now how to build up his self esteem to prepare him/her for independence when they grow up.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2009 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Esteem Low

"wanting to be the person you want to be is already wasting away the person you already are." I can't remember who exactly said this first, but it is so true. As for myself, I wouldn't want to be anyone but who I am. Everyone has "pros and cons" and flaws and such, but I think everyone has a certain special unique thing about them and it's up to the individual to use this positively or negatively.

7th Nov, 2009 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem Health & Special Psychology

I have always struggled with low self-esteem and I really don't know where it came from. I had a good and comfortable life as a kid but I was painfully shy. You couldn't say boo to me without me either going bright red or bursting into tears. Over the years, I've managed to overcome my shyness (to the magority, not completely) and I think my self esteem has increased over the years, but its like a rollercoaster. I think its because of different facets of my life. I also think that Taekwondo helped my self-esteem no end. smile.gif

7th Nov, 2009 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Esteem Low

One should also keep an eye on self esteem problems, as it is possible they may be a part of, or associated with, a larger issue, such as depression, anxiety, etc. As is my case. I thought I was just weird and shy still, but my anxiety around people grew worse and worse, especially with a person present that was the authority in the situation, such as the owner/manager at a restaurant, where I dealt with people all the time, and always felt I was clumsy and people were judging me and thinking bad things about me, even though objectively I knew that wasn't true, at least for most, but it doesn't matter what I "know", it is something deeper than that, that has to be combated, so low self esteem should be monitored very closely, as it can slide so easily into depression.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2009 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Esteem Low

In response to the original poster, I would have to say that I would indeed like to be myself. But only because I cannot see anything be different in another persons skin. My mentality will still stay the same, as will my philosophy. As far as my self esteem goes, it's still not where I want it to be but it's getting there. I know how it feels to not be able to look yourself in the mirror when you get up in the morning. What I can honestly say is that I like the person that looks back at me in the mirror. I don't LOVE him yet, but I do like him, and for me that's starting to say a lot.

23rd Nov, 2009 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem

I think most of us look at ourselves in the mirror and see great things and at the same time bad things we need to work on but I believe we all know that we're working hard to get there and that's all it matters in the end.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Nov, 2009 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Low Esteem - Page 7

I'm response to Rbbs, I think you're right - most people see the good and the bad in their self, but unfortunately I think, we all see the bad thing!

16th Feb, 2010 - 9:36am / Post ID: #

Low Esteem Psychology Special & Health - Page 7

international QUOTE
What are some examples of low esteem aspects in you mind that you need improvement on?

1. Nothing you do seems to go right
2. You believe that most people do not like you.
3. You believe that you are not attractive.
4. You choose something and it turns out to be the worst one.
5. You are afraid to converse with others for fear that what you say might not make sense.
6. You feel swallowed up in a whirlpool of frustration.
What's wrong with you? Your thoughts, actually.

In my case I find they are actually talking bad about me behind my back. A lot of people have told me I am paranoid but 9 times out of 10 my assumption of a person or persons is true. I have learned how to just not care. I am who I am and I will live how I live. If you have this mentality most people will pick up on it and be more at ease. However in my case this doesn't work so well because I hold a grudge against the world.

So even when people are nice to me I don't care and think nothing of them. Not because I don't want to be nice but because I have suffered threw so much of these social hurtles that it angers me now. I know the game, I know how to play it, but I don't want to play. Yet one is expected to play, I then get angry with anyone who acts as if I must play along to be a part of anything.

I kind of feel like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz, in that I think I don't have a heart but I really do. I just choose not to use it or can't grasp that I have that ability. Kind of like if you train a dog to beg for a treat. Eventually the dog will learn how to properly beg for your satisfaction. To you it is cute and all that but to the dog he is probably thinking, "Just drop the dang treat already jerk!" However he can't act this way or it is no treat for doggy. So it learns to be subservient and cute, it knows its place.

Needless to say in just about every social situation I know this is going to come up and make enemies out of the more "likeable" people. Which I usually find to be pushy, annoying, and dumb. Due to their "friendly nature" they in turn go and tell everyone else how I am some kind of weird.

However there is a silver lining in all this, I make them feel better about themselves and boost their self-esteem. I bring together people that might not usually get along because they have a common enemy. I bring laughs to people as they find my short comings or flukes as comical. So in this way I am an important part of society bringing joy to the world.

The thing I hate the most is when people tell me to lighten up or not to think this way, as they just don't get what I am saying. They just want to say something pretty so they can feel that I have been given great advice or a confidence boost. So I get to sit there with a dumb grin and say thank you. Or the people who feel sorry for me because I am not like them. They give you a kind of painful look and talk to you real slow with a sweet gentle voice.

I am not mentally handicapped, I'm just socially awkward, come on.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Low Self Esteem

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,