Low Self Esteem - Page 2 of 8

I think that would depend on whom you choose - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2003 - 1:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
[Psychology] How can I get it up and make it stay there so i can feel good about myself and others!
Post Date: 20th Mar, 2003 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Self Esteem - Page 2

That's really true, you never know someone until you see how they treat their family.( :-X ) Not only that but I find that I get to know myself better when I reach out to get to know someone else. The stretching, reaching, and growing that comes from caring, forgiving, playing, talking, and being forgiven helps me to find out exactly who I am. Sometimes it's not too pleasant to find out just exactly who I am, :-[ but it's healthy... that's when growth and change happen... 8)

Sponsored Links:
25th May, 2003 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Esteem Low

Sometimes it's not too pleasant to find out just exactly who I am,  but it's healthy... that's when growth and change happen...

Those are very wise words. It reminds me of the saying that... the greatest mastery is self mastery, and the only way one can master self is to know self and then resolve to do better, be better each day that you live. Like you said, sometimes we are afraid to look within, because we do not like what we see.

Post Date: 26th May, 2003 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Self Esteem Health & Special Psychology

I really believe low self esteem comes when you think very little about yourself and your value. Everyone now always wants to put you down, it does not matter what you look like or what you have achieved they still find something to be negative about. I always try to do what makes me happy and not worry about what others think should make me happy.

26th May, 2003 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Esteem Low

I agree with you model. I think people do things based on what other people would say, this is so silly because they're living a fake life based on how other will perceive them and to be honest, like you well say, no matter what you do, there will be always someone who doesn't like you and will try to put you down. But if you know yourself, know your worth, know you're a unique individual with lots of talents and gifts then nothing will really matter but your opinion about yourself and the success you want to acomplish in life.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2003 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Esteem Low

Hmmm, I believe, I have a good self esteem.  I really don't wish to be someone rich or famous, because there are many (not all) famous people that live very lonely, empty lives.  Although I do wish I had a better paying job, but I believe that if God wanted me to have a better paying job, he would show me the way to it.  ;)

99% of the time, I feel really good about myself and my life.  It's the 1% when I feel like my self esteem is at its lowest point.  Like, having surgery and the doctor says there will be no scarring, but after it heals there is a big ugly scar.  Or like being hooked up to home heart monitor (knowing it's just for 24 hours and that you need to use it to get an accurate result for diagnosis) but left with the feeling of looking like a freak and/or unattractive because of all the cords are stuck to you and are hooked to a little box you have to carry with you at all times.  But I know it's just a temporary, but it does hit my self esteem pretty hard.

4th Jul, 2003 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem

Or like being hooked up to home heart monitor (knowing it's just for 24 hours and that you need to use it to get an accurate result for diagnosis) but left with the feeling of looking like a freak and/or unattractive because of all the cords are stuck to you and are hooked to a little box you have to carry with you at all times.  But I know it's just a temporary, but it does hit my self esteem pretty hard.

Just think that there are people put there who live every single day of their lives, 24 hs a day with all those wires around them sad.gif and even that, they may not live long. So, count your blessings wink.gif that are plenty!!!! a bit of discomfort sometimes can bring you peace of mind for you and your family. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2003 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Esteem - Page 2

Yes, that's quite true, LDS.  I do count my blessings everyday.  :)  I am thankful that I don't have to wear one everyday.  Plus, I know it's for more acurate results to find out if there is something wrong with my heart to make me feel this discomfort and what might be causing it.  So, hopefully, it won't be much of nothing.  

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2003 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

Low Self Esteem
A Friend

Low Esteem Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

I think that would depend on whom you choose - are you choosing them because you want their looks or money or things, or are you holding them up as an example of who you would like to become?
  I thought of about 3 people whom I would like to be.  The first an ancient old lady down the street, who always had time for 2 young girls who were usually dirty and untidy - who could treat them like princesses. I want to be like that and repay the favour.  Thanks Mrs. Hattie.
  The second is my girl guide leader - who again took a neglected kid and made her feel of some value.  Thanks Mrs. Wilson.  I was a girl guide leader for 40 years.  I hope I repaid some of the debt.
  The third and most important is Christ - isn't that what this life is all about - to emulate Him and become more like Him.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Low Self Esteem

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,