Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 18 of 35

https://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html Some - Page 18 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 25th Mar, 2008 - 1:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       29.85%
  Their Choice       40.30%
  A bit of both       29.85%
Total Votes: 67
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
24th Mar, 2008 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 18

TrueWhite, I do not see the relevance of what you are saying with regards to the actual subject of this Thread, You have already made your opinion very matter of fact that you do not like Gays, so cease from the bashing. If you have something factual or source material to backup whether "People Born Gay Or Choice?" then continue.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2008 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Heck it is all their choice. How can you be born gay its really biologically impossible.

No it is not. I was born gay. There was no choice whatsoever. My sexual development was just the same as anyone else- it just went in another direction.

24th Mar, 2008 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

And you don't think that it can be anything in your mind? What proof do you got. I can think of a lot of people who can use that argument like pedophiles, abusers, murders and all the rest who say they were somehow born this way and thats what they do even though its not normal for the majority.

24th Mar, 2008 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 18 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I do not know. I believe we may be born with proclivities toward certain actions.
This does not necessarily mean that we should follow all desires that we have.

Regardless if one is born Gay or not, I personally feel that there is no benefit to society to encourage homosexuality. I believe it should not be celebrated, as it seems to be today, but I believe that consenting adults should be allowed to interact as they believe.

I am one that also feels that Heterosexuality is celebrated to much in the Media.

Sexuality is a private thing and should not be plastered everywhere as it is today. I am against both Homosexual and Heterosexual promiscuity and hold little distinction between the two.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 24th Mar, 2008 - 11:54pm

25th Mar, 2008 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Dbackers, so does this mean we can't count on seeing you and the family out for Gay Pride day? I am still to see someone argue convincingly that being Gay is all biological. I see a lot of comments and opinions, but no hard cold facts that shows that a Gay man's business is not biologically the same as the next Heterosexual guy's business.

25th Mar, 2008 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

No Parades.

Since one can find evidence both ways depending on who does the study, I tend to believe that there is a portion of both environment and Genetics that effect who we are.

https://www.leaderu.com/orgs/narth/1995papers/satinover.html

Jeffrey Burke Satinover, M.D. stated

There is essentially no dimension of behavior which is not both environmentally and genetically influenced.

Furthermore Satinover declares

The fact that multiple genes and multiple environmental factors interact with each other in differing ways over time (I.e., developmentally) adds further to the complexity, as does the fact that repetition and habit (which may be eschewed, more readily early than late) reinforce and exaggerate the direction that development takes.

Genetically, most people are naturally heterosexual (As it must be in nature, in order to propagate the species). The culture (to a lesser degree then in the past) still tries to teach men to be men and women to be women by "repetition and habit" helping maintain what I believe to be the most appropriate use of Sexual intimacy.

I believe as we dispose of our roles as men and women and confuse our children with messages of support for genetically useless forms of sexuality, we change the balance for certain individuals. We are allowing society to "reinforce and exaggerate" Homosexual behavior rather then being proactive and "reinforcing and exaggerating" the behavior I feel is more beneficial to homosapiens.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Mar, 2008 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 18

The quotes you provided goes into the realm of "...it matters and it matters not", in other words it is too vague. Let me give an example of what I may consider a unique case. A baby boy is born with normal healthy male sex organs, but in the course of growing up one of three things happen:

1. He is taught to love the same sex and that is what he should do (psychological)
2. He is abused or rejected by females and cared for by males (psychological)
3. His estrogen count increases and testosterone decreases (physiological)

This is what I'm talking about. The chance of 1 and 2 happening is very low. The chance of 3 happening is even lower. However, homosexuality is being portrayed as when your child is born, he or she is born either "girl", "boy", or "gay". In other words they give the percentage chance to the child biologically being gay at so great a number that nature is to 'blame' rather than 'human nature'.

25th Mar, 2008 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 18

https://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html

Some interesting thoughts on some biological causes for homosexuality. One does have to read over the physical differences that where noted also though I thought it was interesting that hand shapes where noted to be different between homo and heterosexuals.

"Abstract: Male rats were exposed to prenatal (I.e. before they were born) or postnatal (after they were born) stress, or both. The prenatally stressed males showed low levels of male copulatory behavior and high rates of female lordotic responding. Postnatal stress had no effect. The modifications are attributed to stress-mediated alterations in the ratio of adrenal to gonadal androgens during critical stages of sexual differentiation. Specifically, it appears that stress causes an increase in the weak adrenal androgen, androstendione, from the maternal fetal adrenal cortices, or both, and a concurrent decrease in the potent gonadal androgen, testosterone."

Parental Stress Feminizes and Demasculizes the Behavior of Males, Science, January 7, 1972 (83-84).

Perhaps the high stress level in society today is a bigger issue than we think.

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,