Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 19 of 35

As I have been saying all along. What makes - Page 19 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 28th Mar, 2008 - 2:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       29.85%
  Their Choice       40.30%
  A bit of both       29.85%
Total Votes: 67
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2008 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 19

I believe that stress can be a cause of some of this style of thinking. I think some of the stresses of the body as a young child can cause some of this problem. IF you look at it as a problem. I am like JB in the fact that I am still looking and searching for a actual statement that comes out and says this person was this way from birth because of this fact. Thus far I have not seen any fact to support a person is born or society bred homosexual

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2008 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

" And you don't think that it can be anything in your mind?"

Nope.

What proof do you got. I can think of a lot of people who can use that argument like pedophiles, abusers, murders and all the rest who say they were somehow born this way and thats what they do even though its not normal for the majority.

Unlike a pedophile, an "abuser" or a murderer I do not 1) inflict physical pain / remove life from or 2) force another to do something they don't understand and/or can't consent to.

I live my life, thats about all I can say. I can't explain being gay. I just know that I am. Always have been. Never been attracted to a woman in my life.

27th Mar, 2008 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

QUOTE (Dougiep)
I can't explain being gay.

This is my point and shows that there is nothing physiological about it save for the example I gave earlier. To me it is all psychological regardless to whether it is voluntary or involuntary on the person's part.

27th Mar, 2008 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Page 19 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

JB:

This is my point and shows that there is nothing physiological about it.

Just because he cannot (as well as others) explain why they are gay, does not mean it could not be physiological. People have all sort of illnesses all the time that cannot be explained and it does not mean they are all psychological because of that fact.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2008 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

You all have valid points. As dougie pointed out many can not explain why they are gay they just are. I have found many a gay person say this statement. Even bisexuals feel this way. But to be able to base it as part of their mind or part of their DNA has yet to be proven beyond a doubt in either way. Being somewhat of a scientist I am one that needs to be shown conclusively that it is all in their minds or they are born that way.

28th Mar, 2008 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

Just because he cannot (as well as others) explain why they are gay, does not mean it could not be physiological.

Does not mean it could be physiological. Usually with anything, if it cannot be proven physiologically it is considered psychological. Here is a basic, I repeat 'basic' example. You claim to feel ill, so you go to the doctor. He runs tests, he checks your heart, eyes, lungs, etc. Just to make sure he also has the lab do some work on your tissue / blood samples, and he can find nothing out of the norm, so what will be his next theory? He will ask things like "Are you getting enough sleep?", "Are you stressed?" and so forth. Then he may recommend psychological help (of course this is done mildly) in the form of "Go take a brisk walk, get out, have some fun time". In other words, if we can't find anything wrong with you then it is all in your mind.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Mar, 2008 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 19

Usually with anything, if it cannot be proven physiologically it is considered psychological.

Yes unfortunately often this is the case especially with a Doctor. It is unfortunate that all to often it is not the case but rather just the lack of knowledge on the part of the medical institutions. After all there is way too much that we just do not understand yet. So I am not going to be very quick in claiming being gay is just 100% in the head.

28th Mar, 2008 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 19

As I have been saying all along. What makes a person gay is sexuality - period. Its all about who you chose to be intimate with, not who you chose to like to be more. Lots of guys hang out with other guys, but what seperates them is that they are not intimate. It is the intimacy that makes the difference.

Well, let's analyze that using a heterosexual male. When a man is attracted to a woman is it his brain telling him 'x' woman is attractive and 'y' is not? Or is it his body? Is the body overpowering the mind to be intimate or the other way around. See where I am getting at? What about for someone that is gay, must be the same principle since we are all human despite sexual preference.

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,