Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 21 of 35

I understand that there is a very small percentage - Page 21 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Dec, 2009 - 10:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       29.85%
  Their Choice       40.30%
  A bit of both       29.85%
Total Votes: 67
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
22nd May, 2008 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 21

You can feel male or female but be attracted to the either sex so they must be exclusive.

Take a transsexual they have the physical body changed to match the inner feelings then date either sex. So you may have a homosexual girl trapped in a mans body. Does that make the person who is male at the start a Heterosexual? Then the end girl product Homosexual? To any looking at the person it would be true at each stag of the transformation.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2008 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

There is a lot of research on genetics coming down that shows more and more of our life, personality, skills, ability, life expectancy, etc., is coded somehow in our genes. It is not fully understood yet (but it will be as time and research goes on) and there does seem to be some mix of nature and nurture, as has long been believed, but the evidence is seemingly pointing to a heavy dose of nature (genetic basis).

There HAS been some indication of a genetic link to homosexuality, too, eventho there is not (yet) a "gay" gene discovered. As many noted above, if you truly know gay people, you will learn that most knew early on they were gay but tried to suppress it because they were told it was "wrong" or didn't want to be ostracized by society. As we've seen w/ many congress members, preachers, celebrities, etc., it is hard to suppress such a fundamental part of your being as your sexuality for your whole life.

29th Sep, 2008 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

In my line of work I see a lot of gays and to be honest I think they just choose to be that way because its convenient. Doesn't make sense I know but that's just how I see it.

29th Sep, 2008 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 21 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Most of the gays and lesbians I have known and/or worked with also seem to have a lot of emotional baggage they are carrying around. Some of these people are very confused. Particularly those who choose a transgender lifestyle.

I think some people may have tendencies early on in life but it still comes down to choice. I know people who appear to have those tendencies that have had long, happy and healthy heterosexual marriages. I think many people believe they do not have the choice, that it is innate, because discerning what is going on inside your head is not so easy when it is happening to you.

Most lesbians I have associated with (either professionally or personally) have become disenchanted with the opposite sex through horrific abuse as a child (both physical and/or sexual) or a series of bad relationships as an adult. A high proportion of the gay men have had overbearing, abusive mothers (either emotionally or physically) and ineffectual or absent father figures.

Some studies I have read show that gay men tend to have smaller brain stems. Does this contribute to the tendencies? Perhaps. Since not every woman who experiences abuse or a bad relationship chooses a lesbian lifestyle nor does every man with an overbearing or single mother become gay, I would surmise that the tendencies are probably there to begin with. Coping skills, environmental factors and some biological differences probably all contribute to the outcome. And then you have those who choose a bisexual lifestyle just for the carnal pleasures and lack of moral fortitude.

29th Sep, 2008 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

QUOTE (REDLIPS)

because its convenient.

This is interesting as yes a male/male or female/female relation would be one heck of a lot easier to maintain them a female/male in some ways. Sexually sex for a male is where they get their emotional support from their partner, females it is the things we do and the listening factor. So it take a ton of work on both parties to even try and understanding where the other is coming from and why what seems important to one is not as drastically important to the other. Intimacy, understanding and emoting for the partner gives the relation its strength.

Would it not be easier to achieves these ends with a person who has the same emotional pattern as your self?

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2008 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wow, this subject stirs up a lot of controversy doesn't it? Anyways I think it might actually be a psychological disorder, but then again I wonder because I have seen a gay couple before that looked like they were meant for each other. So, I guess since those are my main points, I would have to go with being born that way.

Kind of makes sense to me if you were to be born gay, then you go through long-term relations with the opposite sex because your confused. But the same can be said about being born heterosexual and confusingly thinking your gay.

But, with what you said in the beginning, I don't see why people would want to live a discriminated lifestyle. But, people still choose to wear black clothes with chains to make themselves look demonic, walk around with gang symbols on and shoot people, oh yeah, and be homosexual. But at least with the last one, it is controversial weather or not your born to it.

Reconcile Edited: Rhieland on 23rd Oct, 2008 - 8:40pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Dec, 2009 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 21

I have a question for those in this debate. If I say I'm celibate does that mean I'm born celibate or chose to be celibate?

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2009 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 21

I understand that there is a very small percentage of the population who are born with no sex drive at all. I can't remember the medical term but suffice to say these people aren't attracted to either sex and aren't interested in sex at all-so I guess they would be born celibate.

However, your overall point may be that in choosing to be celibate (and most celibate people do choose, I think) celibate people show that sexuality can be controlled in someway and therefore gay men and gay women choose their sexuality?

If so, I don't agree with that premise. A gay man or gay woman can of course choose not to have sex at all, just as heterosexual people can but this does not mean they can choose who they are sexually attracted to. Most scientific research into sexuality of all kinds surmises that there is a genetic component and a social component in determining sexual tastes-from gender preference to foot fetishes. However, what they do not conclude is that those social components can in anyway be controlled - mainly because they tend to take hold before we hit puberty.

So, yes, all people can choose not to have sex but I don't think anyone can choose who they find attractive.

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,