Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 23 of 35

Oh right yeah my mistake. OK back to topic. - Page 23 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Jan, 2009 - 3:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       29.85%
  Their Choice       40.30%
  A bit of both       29.85%
Total Votes: 67
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2009 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 23

No I don't Clara because you haven't told me.

Essentially, what you appear to be saying is if a man being attracted to another man is "natural" and "okay because its natural" then so must it be so with a man attracted to a dog?

Well, no. Even if a man being attracted to a dog is something he considers natural it is NOT in the same league as a man being attracted to another man or, indeed a woman. The reason I have gone slightly askew in the wake of you question is that I cannot believe it is one you would ask in trying to determine normal human sexuality.

Some men like men, some men like women, some women like men and some women like women. Some like both. What has that got to do with bestiality?

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2009 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

If you like a man or woman has nothing to do with sexual attraction to animals. For me it sprung the question to mind if you ask one who claims to be in love with a dog would they say it was that way from child hood or was it something that happened along the way. This is of course completely ignoring the whole concept of lust vs loving relationship.

A human to human relationship seems to be accepted so far as a natural attraction in general. Is this natural attraction applicable to any other venue? Say bestiality, people attracted to only older people, just young people or only their own age? I am very much putting the idea of moral rights or wrong in the not applicable to the question or it clouds the answers way to much as I have discovered in conversations with you Xander.

Though I think we best leave those thoughts for a separate thread if any really desire to delve into it. Like you said Xander to compare a homosexual to a pedophile or one indulging in bestiality must be avoided. Only the concept of attraction could be compared in such cases with all morality placed aside.

I agree one can not choose who they attracted to but I think social issues growing up do largely influence who we are attracted to including the gender. Some might also be determined by genetics though I think that might be the lesser of the influences in many cases.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2009 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I think you are right to say social factors play a part. We are, after all, social beings so it would be unlikely that anything we do doesn't have some social influence. They say the only true way to discover if gender differences are genetic or not would be to raise a boy or a girl in complete isolation and see what happens but the ethical issues are way to vast to even contemplate such a move.

In my experience most things tend not to be caused by extremes of any kind and generally do end up having a "little of both" in them.

9th Jan, 2009 - 5:16am / Post ID: #

Page 23 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Ok I got fed up after about 12 pages. This post is pretty old and it seems that it will never stop. So to give my opinion. Why can't people accept that with some people the tendencies are from birth while others are choice? Why can't the answer be both? It cannot be one or the other...in this case. Now for all you people who are saying that homosexuality is wrong, sinful, immoral etc (whilst holding your holy book), let me ask you this. Who told you it was wrong? The only person who can tell me it's wrong is God himself and you know what? He didn't. Some person told you it was wrong and I don't mean a particular person, I mean mankind himself (or is it itself?) Society labels homosexuality as something that is wrong or should I say the powers that be. I'll try not to be too long...In this part of the world you are encouraged to love one person, marry, have children, hope to grow old and see grandchildren and you die happy. Anyone having more than one spouse is breaking the law (both state and religious). Now for someone who has tendencies to love more than one spouse. Is he acting 'un-natural'? My Muslim friends would not think so nor my friends from parts of the world where having more than one spouse is considered normal. My point is, it all boils down to society's view on the matter. Again to view my opinion on the post...some people are born gay and others chose it, it is not one or the other and yes as some people said earlier, there is also the grey area where some people are bisexual.

9th Jan, 2009 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Your impatience to make your point has led you to off topics that are suited for other Threads. Why are you bringing Religion into this - a non-Religious Board? The Topic is not even about the morality of homosexuality. The Thread is about weather being Gay is by choice or natural from birth.

10th Jan, 2009 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Oh sorry about that, I must have misunderstood when xtrasweetgirl said,

Go ahead and be honest

and

Also, feel free to throw the religion card in there if you must.

and when LDS said

I don't have anything against homosexuals, I think they're children of God like you and me, but I do not agree with the lifestyle that they have chosen, I think is wrong and yes, against God wishes, I think they can turn themselves and be 'straight' if they really have a deep wish to do so.

Isn't she mentioning religion here? Don't you think you must stray a bit sometimes to prove a point? Other people even mentioned bestiality. Yes I agree with you this is not about the morals of homosexuality but that didn't stop most people from putting their view on it, now did it?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2009 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 23

I'm not going to argue about this. This Thread started in 2003 for crying out loud, and you are most likely quoting messages when there was NOT a rule about it then. However, as the Administrator of the site, I brought it to your attention that we DO have a policy now about it (about three years now at least) and had you read Threads at least within the last year then you may have recognized that and continued with the CURRENT flow of Discussion. Additionally, at the top of this Thread on every page has a list of relevant Threads one of which lists the Religious angle.

UPDATE: To prevent any further misunderstanding I have placed a note at the start of this Thread.

10th Jan, 2009 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 23

Oh right yeah my mistake. OK back to topic. This quote is from Wikipedia

Researchers have looked into a variety of possible causes for a homosexual orientation, including biological influences, prenatal hormones, prenatal stress, fraternal birth order, and environmental influences. The American Psychiatric Association has stated "some people believe that sexual orientation is innate and fixed; however, sexual orientation develops across a person's lifetime." However, the American Psychological Association has stated "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

So again my point is that is both. You are either born so or you chose to do so (maybe the choice was made for you). It is not one or the other.

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,