Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 24 of 35

It matters because if you are born that way, - Page 24 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Jun, 2010 - 4:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       29.85%
  Their Choice       40.30%
  A bit of both       29.85%
Total Votes: 67
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2009 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 24

Messages were moved to the Christian Singles Board as Religious based interests should be kept in the Religious Based Boards - see here: Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2010 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Name: Callmebaka

Comments: I think that there is potentially a genetic predisposition to being gay, but its not as simple as being born gay. I'm sure there are many factors that can affect your orientation, its not something that's immutable, and there's always something to be said for free will.

29th Jan, 2010 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I think people are born gay, and can also become gay as they develope. Genetically a person can be born with more testosterone or more estrogen. Furthermore one could, as they grow and learn more of the world could decide not to fight feelings in them that have always been there. Vice versa they might become strait for religious reasons. Though I think once you open that can it is hard for most to just "go back".

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2010 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Page 24 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I was not born bi-sexual. I was made that way by a sexual predator who took advantage of me from birth until I turned 5. I was unable to confront my abuser, as the coward took his own life when I was 17. It is inconceivable to me to think for an instant that anyone is 'born gay'. I was made what I am. It is not a case of nature vs. Nurture either. Instead it is a choice, albeit one that I personally did not get to make for myself. I have seen and read about people, who had been living gay, lesbian, or bi-sexual lifestyles for years, and in a few cases, decades, who made a conscious decision and effort to 'go straight'. I struggle daily with the fact that as a bi-sexual man, I will be looked at with a certain societal scorn. Whereas bi-sexual women are accepted.

27th Feb, 2010 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I'm sorry for what you went through, we usually keep such experiences for the Mature section so that sharing such info can be done without ridicule. I do however want to ask... Now that you know the difference in that what was done to you was wrong why would you still consider yourself 'made that way' if it was not natural? Is it just a question of facing the past or feeling safe?

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2010 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

Name: Wigsta

Comments: I do not believe a person is born gay. A person is born knowing nothing, feeling nothing, a baby does not know right or wrong.
As a person grows and matures they grow learning right and wrong, what to like, what tastes good, what hurts and what doesn't. It's the same with sexual preference.
Beauty in one country is totally different in another. Some countries fat chicks are better looking than skinny chicks. Or in Africa, you got some crazy stuff there, big ear lobes, pierced lips, whatever. They are taught that those are the traits to look for.
Now with a person becoming homosexual, it could a number of different things. As a baby they saw it in their parents, neighbors, friends. Saw it on television, heard about it on the radio and wanted to experiment. Abuse, friends, parents, neighbors, bad experiences, experimentation, peer pressure.
Now once a person has done something for so long it becomes a habit. A type of addiction if you will. I'm still a virgin and could care less about sex, but everyone tells me that once I've had I won't be able to stop. It's become an addiction so to speak. Everything becomes an addiction if repeated over a period of time. It's been imprinted in the brain. Television, drugs, pop, eating, whatever. It is hard to stop doing those things, some more than others. Sex, from what I understand, is one of the hardest things to stop doing because of the stimulation that occurs within the body. The arousing feeling.
In homosexuality it is the same thing. It's something that has happened constantly for such a long period of time that that area of the brain, which tells you what attracts you to another person, has been activated in such a peculiar way for such a long time that that is all that it knows.
It is possible to change your sexual preference, it just takes strength, will, and encouraging. I once heard, "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything."
Whatever happened to that mindset in today's society? I have had gay friends that said they wanted to change but said it was impossible.
I'm against it personally. I DO NOT hate gay people. I love everyone equally as the same. I just do not agree with their sexual preference. There are some great gay people. Then there are others that that is all that their about. Some people, just want to stand out and be different. It's all just a giant dramatical game as if it were a giant stage of high school.
You can argue until you're blue in the face. No one gives a rats ass about anyone elses opinion anymore. It's all about them, just them, and no one else.
I just join in for the laughs and good ol' fun of arguing.
Thing is, I just wonder how tolerant this country is going to get. Freedom of religion, yet prayer taken out of school. Ten Commandments taken out of the supreme court. Just because some people were getting offended.
What if I am offended of the public display of affection of gay people? Is there a difference?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Jun, 2010 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 24

Yes there is a difference, but I worry that such comparisons may wander a bit too far afield of the original topic. Orientation is not a US constitutional issue, separation of church and state is, and yet it is orientation discrimination that is hard-legislated and religious influenced policy that is enacted.

But to the topic at hand, I've thought about this some and every time I see the question, I have a different thought and now I realize I don't know if I think it even matters.

Either you're gay or you're not. Either there's a law against what you do or there isn't. There's no "you can do this if you're gay because you're born this way, but not, if you chose to be this way" - that isn't how it works, so why is this even a question? You might as well say people are born evil or choose to be evil, or nerds, or comedians - maybe it's natural, maybe it's learned, maybe it's from experience, maybe it's part of environment - it really doesn't matter, eventually, because it comes to be part of that person.

Overall I just can't see how this POSSIBLY ever could have been or still is an issue for anybody. I will be honest and say I personally am sort of averse to it, I would be uncomfortable around it, seeing it directly, but I'm kinda averse around heterosexual PDA so that's really more an intimacy thing, plus I'm just not used to it and I AM heterosexual - that is a natural thing - if you don't like tomatoes, you'll watch other people enjoy tomatoes and think "Yuck!" but I don't put down people that eat tomatoes. On a personal level, yes, I think I'd have some trouble, at least at first being friends with a same-sex gay friend, probably. I have gay aunts and I'm used to them, mostly by now, and they don't press the issue except in passing, so it isn't such a big deal. Bisexuality I have a harder time with and I admit I've been unable to cope with even talking to someone that admitted to being bisexual, but that was my problem, and I don't begrudge them that, I just wasn't able to deal with it - I don't think they should be denied any sort of legal rights or anything, and I think it's going to take time for people, even people like me who TRY to be forward thinking, to come to terms with truly being able to accept things they truly don't understand.

I consider any religious arguments null because I'm essentially agnostic so those have no bearing on my opinion. The naturalist or whatever ideas of biological drive and preservation of the species and all that is about the only thing I can see that would possibly present a compelling "but this scientifically shows this isn't sensible" - but then you get studies now that says homosexuality does exist in wild animals, but of course you'll get people who argue those studies are biased, etc.

But at the base of that, who says Man is an animal like the others? We're the dominant species on the planet? We build things no other animals build - we live by rules other animals do not - we can have quirks no other animals do, so we don't have to exhibit the same natural inclinations other animals do, so what does it matter whether it IS or is not inborn?

So what if people exhibit this? It's not "dirty" any more than any other romantic attraction as long as people are decent with it.

5th Jun, 2010 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 24

It matters because if you are born that way, then you had no choice and all the consequences that you are going through is not really your fault. The confusions the child experiences as he is growing up, the ridicule and so forth. All of that because of how he/she was born. It can be compared to being black in the days of sitting at the back of the bus. You were not the same as others in those days and were treated like an animal (worse even sometimes). It was not your fault your were born black and yet you faced the consequences. There was great struggle and sacrifices and now society has evolved as it were and you now have a black president. Now compare this to the person who becomes gay by choice. As an individual you said I am Gay And Proud and so you knew what the consequences were going to be but decided to be so anyway. On another note I do not believe that sexual abuse makes people become gay. I still think this is you deciding the direction. I say this because and it all really boils down to two choices. If you didn't like what was done to you, then why are you doing it to others? If however you liked what happened to you, then you are saying that this is good, so I want to continue and I will encourage others to do same.

Rather off topic, but...

I once burned my hand very badly as a youth, I obviously didn't like it but do I go around burning people hands now because it happened to me as a youth?

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,