Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 4 of 35

I cannot believe that people are naturally - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Dec, 2003 - 4:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       29.85%
  Their Choice       40.30%
  A bit of both       29.85%
Total Votes: 67
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
12th Dec, 2003 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 4

I hate the labelling of people as 'gay'.

Maybe you're seeing it in a different light. Having homosexual friends all my life, they always like to be call 'gay' than 'homosexual' and they have no problem whatsover in saying they're 'gay'. Is a labelling? yes, we human beings label people ALL the time: 'The fatty' 'The skinny' 'The tall' 'The short' etc.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2003 - 9:30am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Just adding my two cents...

Just to add another point of view, I know some you have said you didn't like "Pride Day" because it's sort of the in-your-face "I'M GAY" and they shouldn't be proud of it(Sorry...not knacking you LDS smile.gif ), but when your brought up thinking what you are is wrong or bad then you find out it's okay...you'd shout it out to. I do agree some of what they do is rather explicit and may have gone over the line, but if your thinking "keep being gay to yourself", you have to remember that we are being barraged every minute of the day with "straight propaganda". Television, magazines, books, couples in public...you get the picture. Although it's sort of becoming more mainstream, it's still a minority. We have African Month, Pacific Islander Month, Latino Month, why not Pride day.

Also thanks to the dude with the scientific background. Nice to know info. I did a little research myself a couple years back in highschool and I came across something about there being a "gay gene". There have been arguments on both sides whether it's myth or fact. With science going the way it is, I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

19th Dec, 2003 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Silver Rage, so you are gay? If you are then ignore a previous thread where I mention your girl/lady wink.gif (Lover or Fighter thread). It is good to have you here as these sort of topics always come up and there is no one who lives that life to defend or make a case for it for discussion.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2003 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Nah....but I seem to be surrounded by them. And no...I don't mean "them" as a degrading term of separation wink.gif . My best is. I happened to the the first one he told, so I was the one that accompanied him to random support groups. Though when they found out I was straight, they suggested that I don't come. Talk about discrimination. J/K. But yeah, I sort of got a first hand view of life through his eyes when word got around about him . Being his best friend sure didn't help out my stance. Having a steady girlfriend sure help me prove my case of my sexuality but yeah. Off topic. smile.gif

19th Dec, 2003 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Thanks for clarifying, well you still have a lot of experience in the area. That is good for discussion. I think this topic has to do with a number of aspects, the greatest of which I think is religious. However, this is not the religion board and it was not meant to take on that stance here, but if anyone wanted to aproach it from that angle then there is a thread already started there about it.

Offtopic but,
Thanks for adding your avatar, if you ever wanted to use the offtopic tag then just click the button with the same name.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2003 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

From the religious point of view...I've had my fair share of that from my mother. I believe there's a verse from Exodus she uses where it states...Man shall not layeth with a man as he would with a woman (okay bad with the Shaksphere) . I'll ask her for the exact verses when I see her again, but that was also among the other verses that state you shall give an donkey or servants to those you have wronged. We don't follow those and I know we're not supposed to pick and choose. Hmmm...I had a point here somewhere.

Although from an outside view people would think it is outdated and this is the 21st century and those rules don't apply. Sort of the way some of us view Orthodox Jews and other who keep strict kosher rules.

To me there are two kinds of rules...Right and Wrong rules which are the unwritten rules of "Duh" that most people know with out being told, and then there are the Stone rules that are written and followed with out question (I.E. religious, moral, etc). Hmm..getting off topic. Hopefully some point will be reached through this jumbled mess.

Offtopic but,
Thanks for the tips...I'll get the hang of it soon smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Dec, 2003 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 4

Yes, well like I said, you need to go to the Religious board to take up that topic, let us not get into the religious stuff on this boar, I should not have even brought it us. Click here to go to the thread.

Offtopic but,
Yes, you seem to be doing very well. Are you any good at RPGs? They could use some help in the Future Earth board.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2003 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

I cannot believe that people are naturally gay as a result of their genetic code. One very big reason being that, if their genetic code in their male lineage was influencing the men to be gay, over many, many generations the 'gay gene' would cause itself to be removed from the gane pool.

I've had several course of Sociobiology in college (my degree is in Biology). You can think of genes as strings of tiny beads, which have one purpose only: to propagate themselves. Only the most 'successful' genes propagate; unsuccessful genes eventually are eliminated from the gene pool over centuries or millenia, perhaps taking many hundreds of generations. The more detrimental to propagation a gene is, no matter how many good genes its' paired with, a really bad gene will die out.

Since homosexual couples cannot, be definition, have children or progeny, they have no way to propagate the 'gay gene'. So eventually the gene removes itself form the gene pool.

I think homosexual behavior is a product of society and culture, not biology. Or to restate my argument, I believe that in the period preceding civilization, there was no homosexuality. I think its a behavior that requires rational thought, and that in prehistoric times people had to devote too much of their time to the purpose of 'staying alive' to engage in philosophisizing. Only when life became 'easy', at least for the few who were privileged enough to not have to work, could thought be devoted to such new concepts as homosexuality.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (35) »

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,