Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 7 of 35

Hiestand2000, perhaps, but I think it is more - Page 7 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2004 - 11:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       29.85%
  Their Choice       40.30%
  A bit of both       29.85%
Total Votes: 67
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
12th Nov, 2004 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 7

but we can all agree that is a natural state and not something we must prevent from happening with all costs

I don't think is a natural state because it goes against nature. But tell me why you think is a natural state?.

Sponsored Links:
12th Nov, 2004 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

we can all agree that is a natural state

The point of this thread is that we don't all necessarily agree that it is a natural state. If one is born gay then I would say that may be a natural state. If one is "turned" gay as a result of their environment, then I would say it is not a natural state.

Also, I am not sure there is really anything "natural" from a reproductive view about having a desire to mate with a member of the same sex. That is not to say I think homosexual people are bad or less than I am, however.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 12th Nov, 2004 - 7:01pm

12th Nov, 2004 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

If one is born gay then I would say that may be a natural state. If one is "turned" gay as a result of their environment, then I would say it is not a natural state.

I would say that if someone was turned gay by his environment, he really isn't one. Maybe the environment could turn one to love women, but not lust, that is hormones, and that's in the DNA, and that's innate. You can't change it.

I don't think is a natural state because it goes against nature.

Many people go against nature in their traits. There are people who are born really stupid or really smart; really short or tall, and there are people who are born impotent, who can't have sex. You could say that's against nature, but is it their choice? I don't think so.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2004 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Page 7 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I bealive its both. A decision and you are born that way.

I think that when you are growing that male or female hormons are dominating in you and that decides your sex. But in the later stage it becomes the other way and you get the other hormone more then you should and so you grow a bit different then a normal growing person. (I don't indicate that the person who is born that way is not normal its just that I don't know the other way to say it.) So when you are finally born you are expressed to whole bunch of factors. But when you reach certain age you then get some feeling for one sex or another. So then its probably the time you see who really attracts you. But you may have some thoughts about it and decide not to live by that way and decide to be normal. (again the upper thing. I just don't know how else to say it. I am sorry if anyone is offended but I didn't mean to offend anyone.)

(Well this is my way of thinking ...)

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2004 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Well, I didn't have time to read all the responses in this thread so I may be repeating some info here. I do not think anyone is born gay, but in the same boat, nobody is born straight either. Infants do not have sexual attraction. it is developed later.

That being said, I don't thing anyone chooses to be gay anymore than I chose to be straight. It was a natural response to my personality. I can also be a little lazy at times, its in my nature. That doesn't mean I just accept the fact I'm lazy and there is nothing I can do about it. It is a character weakness that i can work on and overcome. My Dad on the other hand didn't have a lazy bone in his body, but boy was he quick to anger. Does that mean he can use the excuse that he was born angry and that's the way God made him? Of cource not. He can work to overcome it.

The point of this is that yes, some people may have a natural tedency toward same sex attraction. But to say this is natural for me and thus is the way God made me and nothing can be done about it is wrong.

18th Nov, 2004 - 6:17am / Post ID: #

I think what is meant by being born gay is that even before time comes and you hit puberty, it is already written in your genes which sex you would be most attracted to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2004 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 7

I suppose you coul be born gay or lesbian, but I believe it's more of a curiosity, sort of an attention thing.. Maybe ti's becaus ethey don't think they'll ever be loved by the opposite sex, so they try their luck with the same sex.

23rd Nov, 2004 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 7

Hiestand2000, perhaps, but I think it is more complex than that. I have known several people who are gay. Some of them have even been involved in very serious heterosexual relationships. For them, they had been loved by someone of the opposite sex. In fact, one man I know told me he just was always different. He was always attracted to boys from as early has he remembers. Even as a young child, his crushes were on other boys. To me, that doesn't sound like curiousity or fear of not being excepted by others.

I think there is probably some of both. Some are probably born with same sex attraction. Some turn that way because of really bad experiences in life. Some may choose to experiment with sexual relationships with members of the same sex. Although this might be a homosexual relationship, I don't believe simple experimentation makes you homosexual. So, for me, I think it not just one answer that covers all.

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,