Is having a pet in the home essential? - Page 5 of 6

QUOTE What about a goldfish? is he allergic - Page 5 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 25th Jun, 2003 - 9:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2003 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Is having a pet in the home essential?
A Friend

Is having a pet in the home essential? - Page 5

[quote]

I'm waiting to see if one of these days you send me some malaysian food by mail. ;D
/quote]

Better still, why not one of these days you fly out here for a nice gastronomic vacation.  :D  You can have your choice of food from Chinese to Malay, to Indian to Portuguese, Japanese, Thai, etc.  I tell you, we are the fusion food capital of the world.

As to whether those exotic creatures are part of the ingredients of your dish, well .....  I would say it is cheaper to serve chicken here than cats or rats! So why would the Chinese restaurant want to do that to their business. ???

Ok, coming back to the topic. Do household with pets have more problems than those without? Example, argument breaks out as to whose turn it is to take the dog out, how come the cat is not fed yet, why is the aquarium so dirty, can you stop that darn dog from chewing on my shoes, can you stop your darn cat from messing up my favorite couch with all his fur, etc... you get the drift.?   wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
18th Apr, 2003 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

essential home the pet having Is

Ok, coming back to the topic. Do household with pets have more problems than those without?

Oh yeah, more when there are children at the home. You know, when kids want a pet they always say that they're going to walk the dog, feed him, bath him, etc etc etc :smile.gif and who ends doing ALL of it? The mother!!!.
In my case, my husband has two guinea pigs and he does a wonderful job with them, he feed them, clean their cage, etc...I only help when they need a nail cut. ;D

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2003 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is having a pet in the home essential? Health & Special Psychology

My wife said she always wanted to have some goldfishes. So, one fine day I went out and got her a few in a nice little aquarium. She was so happy, she said "alright, I finally got my goldfish!"  I said, "remember, it's YOUR goldfish. That means, you're going to care for them, and change the water, etc."

And guess what, that was the last time she came close to the fishes. Who has to do the dirty work? Poor me! :sad.gif

18th Apr, 2003 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 essential home the pet having Is

And guess what, that was the last time she came close to the fishes. Who has to do the dirty work? Poor me!

LOL...is she too busy during the day?. Now, did you try to tell her about it?. Maybe when it's time to feed them and clean them what you can do is make her involved by asking her help smile.gif. You know, 'honey, can you help me to clean the aquarium today?' or 'please, feed the goldfish I'm a bit busy right now' and things like that.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2003 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

essential home the pet having Is

Having a pet in the home would be pretty cool.  My sister and I had a dog when we were growing up.  But I found out the hard way, that we cannot have a pet in our home.  My husband is highly allergic to animal dander and fur.  (Actually, he allergic to many things, certain types of grass, weeds, trees, and dust.)  Even with his allergy shots, he still has a reaction to cats and dogs when he is around them.  I feel bad, because my oldest daughter really wants a dog or cat, but she knows that her daddy will get very sick if we have one.  So, we can't have one.  :(  And we can't have a pet in the home we live in now, so maybe when we move, we may try and see how an outside pet works with his allergies.

24th Jun, 2003 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

What about a goldfish? is he allergic to that too?. There are other options  you can try if he's allergic to the traditional ones. You can built a house for ants for example they're great pets and the kids will love it. They're special 'houses' you buy for them where you see them 'working', eating and creating tunels. It's fun. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2003 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is having pet the home essential - Page 5

I have always had pets.
Currently I have 3 furry babies wink.gif

Rainy female Dog she is 10. She is Part Border Collie Part Shnauzer..all Blonde! She has been through so much in my life with me!

Sunshine: female dog , she is 3 She was supposed to be Golden Retriever.. but stopped growing half way...LOL She is a blonde Mutt.

Cloudy:female cat,she is 2. She is named cloudy because she is white with grey highlights and beautiful blue eyes.... she reminded me of a cloud with a sliver lining.... so, Cloudy is her name.

They are all indoors. They are my kids smile.gif

I have had many pets in my life. I have had a Pot Bellied Pig, Hedge Hog, Guinna Pigs, Hamsters, Iguana, Snakes, Fish, Birds.

My son loves animals. I think it is important to have animals around you. They bring joy, lower your blood pressure and the love you unconditionally.

For a time in my life my Ex husband and my son and I  lived on a 300 acre Ranch (I live in Texas, outside of Houston). Anyway..... my ex was to run the ranch. Something we knew NOTHING about! But it had 300 head of cattle, a pond with fish, swans, geese, ducks. There were a few horses...... It was wonderful..... but a lot of work.

I would love to have land and a horse and more dogs and cats! It has always been my dream.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2003 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is having pet the home essential Psychology Special & Health - Page 5

What about a goldfish? is he allergic to that too?.

No, he's not allergic to the fish.  But maybe that's why he can't catch any fish when he goes fishing.  ;)  lol  We have tried goldfish and had a huge tropical fish aquarium, but there are so many chemicals in the water in my neighborhood, that eventually they died.  We tried to balance the water to make it livable for the fish, but it did not work.  I never thought about an ant farm.  That would be cool and my oldest one were probably like it too.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Is having a pet in the home essential?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,