How Honest are You? - Page 2 of 3

I would go inside the bank and check if it - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Dec, 2003 - 4:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2003 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

How Honest are You?
A Friend

How Honest are You? - Page 2

If that was to happen to me, I would go into the bank and talk to a bank teller.  There has been serveral times I have gone to cash my pay check at the bank, and the teller give me $100 too much.  I always count my money while the teller is counting it.  If I notice a mistake where she is mistakenly given me too much I always give it back to her.  I tell her with a smile, 'that you might miss this later'.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2003 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

You Honest How

I tell her with a smile, 'that you might miss this later'.

Very honorable indeed and it is too bad there are few instances of that, seems like most people like to thrive off of the pain of others.

8th Jun, 2003 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

How Honest are You? Health & Special Psychology

That's very nice of you mss. I have been in situations before when the cashier in the market gave the wrong change and I always gave it back and mostly I felt good in doing it ;D

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2003 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

How Honest are You?
A Friend

Page 2 You Honest How

I told the truth, I'm so happy I've got to start dancing... I told the truth, feel so wonderful, maybe i'll fly....

Actually, whether it makes you feel good or not, you've got to do it, otherwise you've just become a dishonest person.  If it never catches up with you till you die, better believe it'll catch up with you then.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2003 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

How Honest are You?
A Friend

You Honest How

Since it's unlikely that I'd get away with it - I'd leave the money there. And if it earned interest - and it was still there after a year - I'd probably start using the interest in small increments.

19th Dec, 2003 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

How Honest are You?

I'd leave the money there. And if it earned interest - and it was still there after a year - I'd probably start using the interest in small increments.

I was tempted to say this too, but your realize that you are not entitled to the interest earned on the money because the money was never yours either. wink.gif

I actually had something similar to this happen once. Many years ago while in the Marine Corps, I applied for a small unsecured loan at my credit union. They suggested I secure the loan with my savings because the interest rate would be lower. I told them I didn't have enough money in my account to do that. The loan officer insisted that I did. I (eventually) raised this issue that the money didn't belong to me, but they investigated and insisted the money was deposited into my account and was therefore mine. I don't know how it got there, but they found no error so the money was then legally mine. I wasn't as honest then as I am now, I didn't have the same religious beliefs, so I first got the loan and secured it with this money in my savings account. After they gave me the loan, I then contacted them to tell them the money in the savings account wasn't mine. That wasn't right either, but in the end, I got to keep the money honestly.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2003 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

How Honest are You?
A Friend

How Honest You - Page 2

I would inform the bank that there is an error.
JB said:

I guess that would be easy to track since only people that would know your account number could make a deposit to your account.

I have been a bank teller ~ and as long as a person has the name correct, i.e. as it is on the account, then they can deposit to the account, whether they have the account number or deposit slip or not. The bank doesn't care who deposits. BUT they are very careful about who withdraws it.

I have done this in the past. Deposited money into someone elses account, they wouldn't take money from me and I knew that they needed the money so when I deposited it I had the bank mail the deposit reciept to the person so they would know it wasn't a mistake.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2003 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

How Honest are You?
A Friend

How Honest You Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

I would go inside the bank and check if it was right. If it is, I'd just use the amount that I needed just to make sure.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: How Honest are You?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,