Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers?

Should Teachers Replaced Computers - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 10th Sep, 2005 - 3:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Computer replacing the teacher
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2003 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Computer vs. Teacher

This one is pretty self explanatory… should teacher's be replaced by computers that have an unlimited source of knowledge and resources?

Sponsored Links:
15th Mar, 2003 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Computers Replaced Teachers Should

international QUOTE
by computers that have an unlimited source of knowledge and resources

I don't think computers could ever reach that stage. They may be able to have lots of info, but they cannot discern, care, 'say just the right things', smile, etc.

16th Mar, 2003 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Nooo!! No way!! Even if the technology may be available to do it, I cannot agree with it. The human contact is a MUST in teaching, computers cannot have 'understanding' for instance of a student with special needs, don't have the ability to communicate with them in a social manner, they're basically machines but teachers… let me say good teachers… impart not only of their knowledge to their students but they also CARE about them, doing anything to make them progress and learn. Machines can never do something like that.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2003 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

should teacher's be replaced by computers

I don't think so.  A computer will only do what it's programmed to do.  It could not be programmed to care for or nurture a child.  There is no way a computer could show emotion, even if it was programmed to do that.  It wouldn't be the same.  Kids need some kind of interaction between teacher and student.  A computer could answer many questions that the child may ask, but how could it answer a question about emotional feelings?

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2003 - 5:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Definitely not. Children need to be nurtured in the right manner and that includes much more than just facts and knowledge. There's the emotional well-being, the warmth of a human smile, A thousand smilies or emoticons cannot replace the approving smile of a teacher. Teachers provide guidance on what is socially or morally right or wrong.

And anyway, I believe most of us has a crush on one of the teachers sometime during our growing up years ..... because that teacher displayed concern, care, warmth, friendliness and just old-fashioned love. How can a computer replace that. smile.gif

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2003 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

no matter how much information computers can impart the most important part of teachin is the human element..teachers are one of the forst role models which we have ...spend prob more time with them than we do with our own families...they help mould our minds..i'm sorry but i prefer a livin breathin human being to teach me rather than a piece of metal....no matter how brilliant it is..

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2003 - 9:49am / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Replaced Computers

no matter how much information computers can impart the most important part of teachin is the human element..teachers are one of the forst role models which we have ...spend prob more time with them than we do with our own families...they help mould our minds..i'm sorry but i prefer a livin breathin human being to teach me rather than a piece of metal....no matter how brilliant it is..

Oh yeah! I totally agree with you girl! I think the same thing. Can you imagine the youth how it is now if these kids instead of having teachers have computers to teach them? :smile.gif I don't want to even mention the results!

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2005 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should Teachers Replaced Computers Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

This is a great topic! I agree with the things that have been said. There's such an element of personality that a human brings to another. Plus, very few things ever go exactly as planned in a classroom, particularly with the younger ones, and a computer would not be able to think on the fly as well as a human, in my opinion. Teachers can easily fill up space by thinking on the fly, and while computers can compute, it wouldn't have a great gathering on spotaneity.

I agree wholeheartedly with what has already been said about the ability to care and nurture. On top of that, one of the best teaching tools is experience. When I teach my girls at work, a lot of what I teach them comes from the things I have experienced in life. A computer wouldn't be able to have that effect.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,