Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers? - Page 3 of 5

Teachers are already being replaced by computers. - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 18th Mar, 2011 - 2:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Computer replacing the teacher
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2009 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers?
A Friend

Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers? - Page 3

As more and more teachers are preying on our kids and as more and more kids say that teachers are abusing them or failing them on purpose I think we should look at this issue a little more. As a human teacher you have to keep you knowledge base up and you can forget some facts. As a computer that teachers you never forget facts and you only have to have new info downloaded or uploaded in memory. If kids want to learn they will. Just like a regular human teacher you can not force a kid to learn I believe a computer nowadays will do just as well as a human teacher.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2009 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Computers Replaced Teachers Should

Even though computers are good, there are many disadvantages to it. I'm not bothered to say it because there are lots.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

17th Aug, 2009 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I myself participate in an online learning experience. I do miss the human interaction and being a part of a live study group, having to cover the course material in the specified time all by myself, occasionally assisted by my online tutor. Maybe a computer can be used as a tool used to disseminate information. It can also be used as a storage device for soft copies of text books and other resource material. But a computer cannot command authority and accountability in a classroom. A computer cannot identify each student's innate abilities, and help/ coach the said student's development in this area, whether academically or in the sporting arena. A computer cannot identify the wide selection of disabilities that exist today in students, such as autism, downsyndrome, near/far sightedness and dyslexia to name a few.

And some teachers are HOTT and can serve as a motivation to go to school(laugh.gif).

But, it should be noted that with computers, the most basic rule is GIGO, Garbage in, Garbage out, therefore exactly what you input is what the output will be. Maybe in the near future such technology would be invented, but for now, I would opt for a teacher over a computer.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2009 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Computers Replaced Teachers Should

Name: Arthur

Comments: I would hope that students always have human teachers to interact with, however I think that 30 years from now teachers will be largely replaced by computers. This will happen because computers will be much cheaper, and because the students who learn from computers will score better on standardized tests than students who learn from teachers.

This is how I imagine a high school will be 30 years from now: The typical class size will be 100 students with one human teacher. Every student will sit at a computer. The computer program will present information and ask questions. The student will get to choose the appearance of the person on the screen that talks to them.

The computer program will have a database of the responses of millions of previous students, as well as the types of explanation that worked best for those students. We think of people as being visual learners, or auditory learners etc. The computer will be able to judge, based on each individuals responses, what type of learner they are. It will then change the way it presents the information to meet that student's learning style. Every student will get a learning program that matches them almost exactly.

There will also be a database of all the questions that a million previous students have asked. It will have the answers to all those questions. There will almost never be a time when the computer is asked a question that isn't in its database. There will almost never be a time that it doesn't know the answer to a question (much better than any human teacher). What happens when the computer gets stumped? There will be a building somewhere with 100 education professionals just sitting there waiting for a computer to get stumped somewhere in the country. When it happens, they will look at what happened and craft a response that will best help the student learn. That response will then be added to the database so the computer isn't stumped by that same thing again.

Human teachers of course bring in their own personal experiences when they teach a subject, but the computer program can bring in the experiences of the 100's of professionals that help to create the program, it can also bring in the experiences of famous or important people related to the topic. The program can be region specific. If you live in Portland ME, it will ask questions referencing specific items there, likewise if you live in Portland OR it will ask questions specific to that city.

The computer will give much more individualized education than a human teach ever could.

How do you make sure students pay attention? A group at MIT has already started working on getting computers to recognize the difference between someone who is actively engaged vs. Someone who isn't paying attention. Thirty years from now, computers will be able to read facial expressions better than humans.

Of course there are limits to what a computer can do. Elementary teachers won't be replaced as much as high school teachers. But at the high school level, there isn't a single subject that couldn't be taught by computer except for gym and some vocational courses.

Anyone who thinks human teachers aren't going to be replaced at some point is either in denial, or they have no idea what computers are capable of.

Is replacing humans a good thing? That is debatable. Is it going to happen? Absolutely.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2009 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Computers Replaced Teachers Should

As the computer becomes more and more of a working tool then I do believe that we will see more of them in all aspects of our lives. Right now you have programs that help students learn and achieve an education without ever leaving their homes. SO there are cases now where the computer has already replaced a teacher.

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2009 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Name: fishondude

Comments: Teaching is a business of sorts. And as a business, it is governed by the laws of efficiency and cost as is any other business. When GATT and NAFTA were passed, what did US corporations do? They "off shored" American jobs because a much "cheaper" source of labor was now made available to them.  Computers have already begun to,  and will continue to replace teachers because it will save money! Cost efficiency is usually the number one concern of most business and teaching is a business.  If a computer based curriculum is available for a given subject, why not use it in place of the "human resource"? The cost savings will be considerable!. I am not saying I agree with this approach, but that does not matter. What matters to a business are things like cost and overhead. Given that, computers will replace teachers if there is an economical reason for doing so.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2011 - 11:14am / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Replaced Computers - Page 3

Name: Leah

Comments: I think that there are many pro and cons on this subject. Computers might not have human emotions, yes. But a teacher's main purpose of being there is to teach. Why can't the child's parents teach the child values and be a role model for the child? Technology is becoming a vital part of our lives nowadays. Computers don't get sick, computers don't have a problem with favoritism, computers don't forget things. Computers have a wider source of knowledge on things all over the world. Computers provide an unbiased view of things. In my opinion, I think that computers can replace teachers and might do so in the future.

Oh by the way, anyone heard of online teachers? In that way teachers would not just lose their jobs as some people think.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2011 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should Teachers Replaced Computers Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

Teachers are already being replaced by computers. You can sign up for higher education classes and never set foot on campus or in the class room. You do everything via the internet to include your classes. I seem more and more of this all the time. I would not be surprised to see some high schools offering classes that have no teachers for them on the internet so they get a more varied curriculum.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,