Asteroid to hit Earth in 2014? - Page 2 of 4

We have nukes powerful enough to destroy the - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 31st Jul, 2008 - 3:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2004 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Asteroid to hit Earth in 2014?
A Friend

Asteroid to hit Earth in 2014? - Page 2

RE: 2012

I have heard/read this in several "end of the world" programs and articles. It does not deal specifically with asteroids or meteors, but apparently there is some significance to the Mayan calendar ending with the year 2012. Didn't mean to imply that there was an asteroid prediction, I was just saying that if the world is ending in 2012, we will not have to worry about the asteroid in 2014.

Osiris

Sponsored Links:
4th Nov, 2004 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Earth hit Asteroid

Apparently the Mayan calendar has proven to be extremely accurate, but it comes to a complete stop in 2012. I have read lots of speculation about the significance of this, especially as it relates to various "Planet X" and asteroid stories.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2006 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Asteroid to hit Earth in 2014? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 4-Nov 04, 7:14 AM)
Where did you get that from? I know the Aztecs were great astronomers, but I doubt they ever thought about meteors, not knowing what one was save for a higher intelligence showing them.

The reason for this belief is that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. It does say the world will end, it just ceases to keep time or display astrological events. So many have assumed that means that the world will end as we know it, and the next age will begin, much like the Hindus believe. I personally think that is as far as they got before being wiped out by disease or some other reason.

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2006 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Earth hit Asteroid

We will never know what will happen. It may or may not hit us. You can never be sure of the future or even with scientific calculation. Humans are the most unknown species =] so we just have to wait and see. When it happens everyone will just go insane thats all.

Message Edited!
Cleaned up spelling and grammar.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 2nd Apr, 2006 - 5:26pm

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2006 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Earth hit Asteroid

APOCOLYPSE. METEOR GOING TO CRASH. WE ARE GOING TO DIE!.

I am getting sick of these "announcements", which are created via the infamous rumor mill.

The reason people follow them, is that bad news sells better then good news.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2008 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

Name: Anil

Comments: Some Christian groups suicided in 2000 believing that the world would end. Hope this doesn't happen in 2012 or 2014.

What are the people at Nasa etc. doing.Will they say that it is raining, after it rains?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2008 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Asteroid hit Earth 2014 - Page 2

Lets see if I get this all right. A astroid is going to hit us 2 years after life as we know it ends. Sounds interesting.

I know the Mayan and a couple other calenders end on Dec 21 of 2012. I do not believe that it means life as we know it is going to end at all. I believe that something may be important about this date but I will wait and see that it is.

As far as the astroid we have six more years to figure out if it is going to hit us or not. If it looks like it is going to hit us we can start planning on sending something to knock it off course. I think the major countries will be very interested in working together to get this done. The alternative is what total destruction of life as we know it. Maybe the astroid is late and was supposed to be here in Dec of 2012. Wonder if we can sue it for being late?

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2008 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Asteroid hit Earth 2014 Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

We have nukes powerful enough to destroy the planet, so as long as the asteroid isn't immensely bigger than our planet, we'll be fine. Any info on the size of the asteroid? Nasa site is blocked for me at work (where I am now).

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Asteroid to hit Earth in 2014?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,