Cricket - General Discussion - Page 4 of 33

I am not so sure I agree with the below. There - Page 4 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2005 - 2:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (33) »

?
Poll: I understand the game of cricket?
  Yes, and I am a great fan of the sport       76.92%
  Yes, but I am not very interested in it       15.38%
  No, it is very confusing to me       7.69%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The Australians have dominated this sport for a long time. Will the West Indies ever recover? Who is your favorite team? How about your favorite player? Use this Thread as a means to talk about Cricket in general terms. Use the more specific Threads to focus on actual events, players or countries.
13th Jun, 2005 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion - Page 4

What is wrong with West Indies cricket?

They used to be unbeatable.

I still believe that the best game in history would be the current Australian team vs the Windies of the late 70s- early 80s. Now that would be an amazing contest. Although later this year I will be watching the test between Australia and the World XI!

Brian Lara recently rose to number one on the Wisden batting charts, he is a genius.

The upcoming Ashes should be good for a change. England could actually give us a decent competition unlike the rest of the world.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2005 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Discussion General Cricket

BROOKE WALKS OUT ON CRICKET

Auckland captain and former New Zealand representative Brooke Walker has retired from all cricket.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3313463a1823~,00.html

19th Jun, 2005 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I am surprised by this score, were the Australians taking a time out? Is this the case of the turtle and the bunny?

Australia 249-5 (D R Martyn 77, M J Clarke 54) v Bangladesh 250-5 (Mohammad Ashraful 100) Bangladesh beat Australia by 5 wkts

Cricket's history books need rewriting. Bangladesh, international cricket's whipping boys, beat the world champions, and they won in style.

Apart from one victory against a weakened India team, the only Test-playing nation Bangladesh had defeated in six years were Zimbabwe. To that brief list, the name of Australia can now be added.
Ref. https://www.reuters.com/financeNewsArticle....storyID=8827946

20th Jun, 2005 - 8:56am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Discussion General Cricket

Trust me nobody in Australia can believe it too. But there are no excuses, we played poorly and Bangladesh did very well. Congratulations to them. A five wickets win is a bit deceptive, they only won by a matter of balls and after the lad who scored 100, they had nobody else who could bat further down.

As for England's narrow win over Australia the next day. Well if you believe the British press, which is a challenge in itself, it appears Australia's rein as world champions are over. And now England are the top team hahaah. Not one ball of the Ashes has even been bowled.

This is my opinion on Australia's slump and why we will retain the Ahses.

1. Australia is half way through its off-season and despertaely short on match fitness. England players are at the peak of their game.

2. Australia played poorly against England on Sunday. England played well and were lucky to rescue a win after being 6/160 in their reply.

3. Andrew Symonds, our version of England's South African recruit Pieterson, is out for disciplinary reasons and will make a difference when reinstated.

4. This England side isn't as good as the current Australian side, nor the Aussie side for at least the past 10-15 years. They may get there one day but I doubt it, their players aren't really that good. They have a couple of stand-outs who would be pushing for a spot in the Australian line-up.

5. England's bowling attack is ordinary. They have one proven frontline bowler in Harmison. The others don't look the part and don't rate against Australia's attack. This talk about their pace os rubbish, only Harmison has any pace.

6. On balance our team is stronger than England's over five days. We have more match winners with bat and ball.

If England do win I will eat my words, but in honesty I can't see them taking the Ashes off us just yet. Maybe in four years when we are re-building.

I also want to say the English crowds have been nothing short of disgraceful, booing our players. I understand they haven't won much for a while in most sports but where is the sportsmanship?

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2005 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General Cricket

ZIMBABWEAN CRICKETERS NOT WELCOME - GOFF

The Zimbabwean cricket team planning to tour New Zealand in December
would not be welcome here, Foreign Affairs Minister Phil Goff said yesterday.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3323713a10~,00.html

24th Jun, 2005 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion

Australia are back on top after crushing the Poms by about 50 odd runs. After all the rubbish in the British press the Aussies copped for losing one game to them, It's a bit of sweet revenge, but not that unexpected.

They claimed to have taken the mantle for best team in the world. Well that has to be the shortest reign of a best team I have come across, one game to be exact.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2005 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion - Page 4

JONES NETS ENGLAND 142-RUN FIRST-INNINGS LEAD MANCHESTER:

Quick bowler Simon Jones took six wickets for 53 as England dismissed Australia for 302 on the fourth morning of the third test on Sunday to establish a 142-run first-innings lead.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3377450a1823~,00.html

23rd Aug, 2005 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 4

I am not so sure I agree with the below. There are plenty of other ways to restrain a country than the individual players that may be hoping for a break.

BRITAIN CALLS FOR CRICKET BAN ON ZIMBABWE

LONDON: Britain has called on cricket's governing body to ban Zimbabwe
from playing international matches because of its human rights record,
a government spokesman said yesterday.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3386010a10~,00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (33) »

> TOPIC: Cricket - General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,