Italian Football - Page 2 of 5

SOCCER FANS RIOT IN ITALY AFTER CLUB DEMOTED - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th Aug, 2005 - 11:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Good Clubs but not World Cup Champions?
4th Jul, 2004 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Italian Football - Page 2

Recent headlines indicate that Trappatonni will be out as Italy's coach after the 2006 World Cup campaign is over and former Juventus coach Lippi will assume head coaching duties. Hopefully their World Cup campaign is not as disappointing as their Euro 2004 one was and Trappatonni bows out with some decent recognition.

Sponsored Links:
5th Jul, 2004 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Football Italian

It was time man! laugh.gif the guy is too old for the job and based on the recent results in the Eurocup, the guy should be history by now. He did great things for the team, specially in the 90's. Great coach.

5th Jul, 2004 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Italian Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I should make a correction to my statement. Trappatonni will be replaced by Lippi once his contract expires, but his contract does not extend till the end of World Cup 2006 like I mentioned. To be honest I dont know when his contract expires. Lippi will be coaching until the end of World Cup 2006, not Trappatonni. Hope that makes sense. And yes, I did like Trappatonni as a coach but I like Lippi even better, being a Juventus fan myself. biggrin.gif

Just found out, Trappatoni's contract expires July 15.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 5th Jul, 2004 - 2:26am

22nd May, 2005 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Football Italian

Juventus - The New Champion!

After Milan vs Palermo ended with a 3-3 draw (match played in advance), Juventus fans pulled out the champaign bottles from the fridge.

P.S. Congratulations Malexander!

30th May, 2005 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Football Italian

Juve, Juve, Juve! Too bad they didn't have the double-header of Serie A champions and Champions League winners. They were ousted in the Champions League tournament by the eventual winners, Liverpool. Not only is the Serie A title welcomed, but the improvements of Del Piero is certainly promising for the Italy national squad as well. Del Piero will be left out of the squad for the next World Cup qualifying game, but I am certain he will be added once again and shine for the Italians. For Juventus, this is the 28th Scudetto and the centenary anniversary of their first.

30th May, 2005 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Italian Football

Related to Del Piero: In an interview for a romanian sport newspaper (Gazeta Sporturilor) Juventus coach F. Capello sad that he is counting on the romanian striker Adrian Mutu for the next season, but he avoided to say anything about Del Piero's future at Juventus.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Jun, 2005 - 8:43am / Post ID: #

Italian Football - Page 2

I'd be very surprised if they got rid of Del Piero. While I think he has always had more promise than he has shown, he is still world class and has a place at that team. Look out for the emergence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He is an exceptional and skillful marksmen and reminds me a little of the great Marco Van Basten, now there was a player!

Can I also add a comment about the Italian national team who have only won 3 World Cups actually. Their past two World Cup campaigns have been huge disappointments. Their tactics in both of these tournaments was cynical to say the least. Italy is blessed with some of the most brilliant attacking players in the world, yet they resort to a containing, defensive brand of football. It makes no sense to me and they were duly exploited by free flowing sides like South Korea.

Football in the end is about scoring goals, not defending 1-0 leads. I think if Italy adopted a more attacking style they would do far better, but in the last world cup in particular it was like they were almost scared of conceding goals rather than trying to outscore their opponents.

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2005 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Italian Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

SOCCER FANS RIOT IN ITALY AFTER CLUB DEMOTED

The city of Genoa in northern Italy was ablaze with violence and unrest Tuesday as thousands acted out in anger over the demotion of the city's
soccer club to the third division.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/20...enoa050809.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Italian Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,