Professional Wrestling - Page 2 of 3

Here is my view... I think TV wrestling or - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Aug, 2003 - 7:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Professional Wrestling WWE, RAW, WCW
Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Professional Wrestling
A Friend

Professional Wrestling - Page 2

international QUOTE
Like everything else in America it seems to be about useless entertainment and making big money

spock.gif  Wanlorn would you mind elaborating on this a little bit better for me please.  So, I can understand this statement better.

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2003 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

Wrestling Professional

I personally don't like wrestling, I think it is a dangerous thing. I don't have fun watching it on TV either. Knowing that all is fake and they're not wrestling for 'real' makes the whole thing just a show. smile.gif

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

Professional Wrestling
A Friend

Professional Wrestling Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I used to really enjoy it until, they merged the two wrestling companies together.  Now it's like watching one badly written and poorly staged soap opera.  ;)  lol

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Professional Wrestling
A Friend

Page 2 Wrestling Professional

international QUOTE
Wanlorn would you mind elaborating on this a little bit better for me please.  So, I can understand this statement better.

Sure, people in america (North America not just USA) seem to be more interested in being entertained than in doing anything substantial… hence the huge marked for movies, TV shows, video games and the like. I listen to the kids at work and shake my head, rather than going to school or doing something that will last they would rather paintball or club…

Then we have the people who are not into the entertainment for anything but the money… well look at the cost of these items… A video game cast what 60 bucks… it is worth maybe 20 tops… and other software is outrageous… Sport events cost a fortune to see because overpaid children whine if they do not make millions of dollars… The WWE is no better - it is part of the corporate money grab.  .

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Professional Wrestling
A Friend

Wrestling Professional

That may be true, to an extent, wanlorn.  But you are judging North America as a whole instead of the part of people that like nothing but entertainment.  I know plenty of people that do not enjoy much of what is on television or the kinds of movies that come out.  My parents, for example, don't watch much tv or many movies, but they do many constructive things in their community and in their church.  They don't get money for what they do in the community or what they do for the church.  My parents are simple folk, looking to help others.  My parents are not the only ones either.  I do know of more people like that.

Hence, why I asked you to elaborate your statement.  In your statement, you used the words "Like everything else in america".  Everything means everything not a part of something.  Which means, I fall under that particular category as well.  I am not for big money, I do have other things to do that are substantial and constructive.  But I also like to be entertained.  Just as I am sure you like to be entertained as well.

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Professional Wrestling
A Friend

Professional Wrestling

Hence, why I asked you to elaborate your statement.  In your statement, you used the words "Like everything else in america".  Everything means everything not a part of something.  Which means, I fall under that particular category as well.  I am not for big money, I do have other things to do that are substantial and constructive.  But I also like to be entertained.  Just as I am sure you like to be entertained as well.

This too is true however I would not consider you or I or anyone part of "everything" as we are not "things" people individually have seperate and differing states of entertainability... however, TV, Computers, Cars etc are things as are Electricity, Telephone, Grocery Stores etc... these things are becomeing more about money and endertainment than they are about people. Take as a for instance Electricity, we pay outrageous ammounts for it, yet when it was discovered it was said that it was so readily available that we should be able to transmit it freely to all people... Then someone decided they could make money off of this thing. People choose to be entertained or not but these things are about entertainments and Big money.

No offence intended msslmshdy30 the comment was misunderstood, probably the way I was wording it...  ;D

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Aug, 2003 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Professional Wrestling
A Friend

Professional Wrestling - Page 2

No offence intended the comment was misunderstood, probably the way I was wording it

No offense taken, just trying to understand the statement.  But I believe it was in the wording.  ;)

15th Aug, 2003 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Professional Wrestling Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Here is my view... I think TV wrestling or professional wrestling as they call it is not of any value to both society or children. It does not teach any values nor does it inspire brotherly love :smile.gif If anything it teaches violence, lust for revenge, how to talk tough and play hard. Many young kids make these wrestlers their heroes :smile.gif

Now on the other hand there is the good old Roman Greek Wrestling or Amateur Wrestling which is real sport. I used to do this in high school and was pretty good at it too! Too bad I was not given the opportunity to follow up on it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Professional Wrestling

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,