Palestine vs. Israel

Palestine Vs Israel - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 5th Mar, 2003 - 7:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (109) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
2nd Jan, 2003 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

Palestine vs. Israel

Remember this war has been going on since the days of the Old Testament and is probably one of the longest wars, if not 'the' longest war ever between two groups of people.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2003 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Israel vs Palestine

I guess that we have more rights over the land by the Bible, but who knows...

24th Jan, 2003 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

Evaluating the present circumnstances, I don't see the revelance of whether Israel or Palestine have right over the land. But I do think that Palestine should be independent, get rid of Arafat and have their own land far away from Israel.

Post Date: 12th Feb, 2003 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Israel vs Palestine

Reason I said Israel is a terrorist state is simply because it is terrifying for the Palestinian people to see tanks, troops and whatnots coming, shooting, attacking, day in day out. And I am talking about the ordinary Joe-in -the-streets who just want to earn a living for their families.

The economy has got to be in havoc with the constant harassment from the Israeli troops. I don't condone the Palestinian suicide bombers but the response or the way Israel responds is really terrorising the civilians.

If I can vote more than once, I will also say Palestine should be an independent state, and Israel should have a less hawkish govt., and if necessary, the Palestinians should have a new executive leader but Arafat should remain the symbolic leader. Can you imagine who it might take over in the power vacuum in the absence of Arafat? What if someone from the more radical factions take over the leadership?

13th Feb, 2003 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

Reason I said Israel is a terrorist state is simply because it is terrifying for the Palestinian people to see tanks, troops and whatnots coming, shooting, attacking, day in day out. And I am talking about the ordinary Joe-in -the-streets who just want to earn a living for their families.  

I don't want to sound bad but the israelis can say the same thing. They're just traveling in a bus and suddenly a suicide bomber! so it would be unfair to think of Israel as a terrorist state when the Palestinians are doing exactly the same thing.
The economy has got to be in havoc with the constant harassment from the Israeli troops. I don't condone the Palestinian suicide bombers but the response or the way Israel responds is really terrorising the civilians.

So what they're supposed to do? just buried their loved ones and hoped that God will take care of it? . They have to respond somehow!. Also, the israelis are NOT the only ones who terrorize civilians or you don't see the news every day on palestinians suicide bombers killing hundreds of innocent civilians?. I don't personally have a position of who is right and who is wrong, but I want to be fair. Both parties are commiting terrible mistakes.

26th Feb, 2003 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

Looks like very little will change as far as Palestine becoming a state unless the world pressures them.

international QUOTE
SHARON SHAPES ISRAELI LEADERSHIP

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on Wednesday ended weeks of political bargaining
With a formal agreement establishing a coalition government dominated by fierce
Opponents of Palestinian statehood.
Sourcel

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Mar, 2003 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

Already the Arabs do not see anything positive for Palestine.

international QUOTE
Israel's brand new coalition government, formally unveiled on Thursday, is already being recognized for what it will not do rather than what it is capable of. Few Israelis believe the new four-party coalition will promote peace. A grouping of the Knesset's most right-wing parties, it represents a combination that even Prime Minister Ariel Sharon didn't want at the outset of coalition talks. At least 14 of the 24 ministers can be expected to oppose the idea of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and at least two ministers come from a party that actively champions the interests of settlers in the West Bank.
Source 3

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2003 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism

This is not an easy issue to judge.

First, I place no credence in age old claims. The Arabs have held the land since the Diaspora when Rome ran the Jews out. The Jewish claim to a two thousand year old 'title' wouldn't hold up in any court in the world.

Next you have their essentially being given the land by the victors of WWII in 1947.
In protest, five Arab nations started a war over it and Israel whipped them all. Period.

They have successfully held the territory by force of arms ever since, against a multitude of countries far larger than themselves.

By right of conquest the land is theirs. That is, by the way, how every one of our respective countries obtained our lands, so we can't gripe about them doing the same thing.

Concerning the Palestinian situation, those folks need to take that up with Egypt and Jordan, not Israel.

The land never belonged to them. It belonged to Jordan and Egypt, who made the mistake of attacking Israel, got their butts whipped (again), and lost the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. The spoils of war.

I have no problem with the Palestinians being given a homeland, but am not very sympathetic for two reasons:

1- If you're not willing to fight for your freedom, you don't deserve it. AThe excuse that Israel is too tough, too well-equipped doesn't wash. The Americans took on the British Empire and whipped them.

2- Waging war against unarmed women and children goes against the grain for me. If you don't have the guts to take on the Israeli soldiers, then you aren't a man. Period.

3- Make that three reasons. If the Palestinians would just think about it, get a grip and put the hammer to the radical groups, they could have their state. Worldwide pressure is so strong on Israel, including from America, that if the Palestinians would quit giving the world pictures of dead civilians all over the streets, Israel would have to come to the table.

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,