Palestine vs. Israel - Page 84 of 109

You might even take it further in that it - Page 84 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 16th Jul, 2014 - 6:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 109 pgs.  80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88  ...Latest (109) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2014 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 84

Israel accepts Gaza truce proposal

Israel accepts Egypt's proposed truce in Gaza fighting - Hamas militants have set conditions Ref. BBC

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2014 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

The Israeli Cabinet on Tuesday accepted an Egyptian proposal for a cease-fire in the conflict with Hamas in Gaza, the Prime Minister's office said. Ref. CNN

15th Jul, 2014 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

I doubt it is going to be over this quickly, but I really wish I could understand the motivation of the Palestinians in this case. There are only a few potential outcomes from their actions: Continue to lob rockets into Israeli Territory and recieve disproportionate destruction in return. They could be going for the sympathy global vote here, but it will be at the cost of their own lives and many support Israel's right to defend themselves, so would have to be hoping that the disproportionality would turn people off - but again, the price is their own lives. The could be hoping that their arab brothers will join in against the Israelis. Lebanon has been game for a while (At least some groups within it), however, Israel has shown that they could easily march through large swaths of Lebanon. Hope for a Syrian overflow of hostilities? I guess it is possible, but would probably be more like some of the support groups of the rebels would have to peel off and join the fight against the Israelis. They do that and basically Assad just runs over the rebels and kills without much impedance at all. I really don't understand the motivation as none of these seem likely to have any chance of success. Anyway, the motivation cannot be to bring the Israelis back to the negotiation table. They don't work that way.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2014 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 84 Israel vs Palestine

Name: Iab

Comments: When man has lot his family and friends what matters that he will lose his own life if only to take revenge on his enemies that have wronged him?

15th Jul, 2014 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

I understand that sentiment totally. However, on this round of missile volleys, it was obviously started by the killing of the 3 Israeli teens. The 3 teens arent kidnapped and killed, we have the status quo. However, after the killing, we get into the typical seasaw situation of missile tossing and killing. Additionally, this is being orchestrated at higher levels than one man losing his family. So, what is the goal?

16th Jul, 2014 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

Dennis Prager tends to have an interesting view on these issues although sometimes biased to one side. Below he develops an example that he feels explains what is happening between Israel and Palestine:

international QUOTE
The Jewish State in a Morally Sick World
By Dennis Prager

Let's drop the names "Hamas" and "Israel" and make a list of the characteristics of two imaginary warring entities. We"ll call them Entity A and Entity B.

Entity A:

Declares that its raison d"etre is to annihilate Entity B.
Sends missiles to explode in the most populated parts of Entity B in order to kill as many civilians as possible.
Uses families and individual civilians as human shields to protect its own leaders from attack.
Tortures and kills domestic political opponents.
Has no political or religious freedom and has no freedom of speech, press, or assembly, and no independent judiciary.
Is a theocracy.
Violently oppresses gays.
Saturates its education and airwaves with a demonic hatred of Entity B.
Rated a "6" By Freedom House in its 2013 report on freedom in the world. Seven is the worst possible rating. Entity A ranks 6 in freedom, 6 in civil liberties and 6 political rights.

Entity B:

Recognizes the right of Entity A to an independent existence.
Has never begun a war with Entity A.
Has never targeted civilians in Entity A. In fact, it has sacrificed soldiers in order to avoid killing Entity A civilians.
Domestic political opponents - including even supporters of Entity A - not only have freedom of assembly, press and expression; they have political parties with representatives in Entity B's parliament.
Has freedom of the press, assembly, religion, and a completely independent judiciary.
Allows gays full civil rights.
Has innumerable human rights groups dedicated to the welfare of people belonging to Entity A.
Has no education or broadcasts comparable to the daily hate in Entity A.
Freedom House rating for 2014 is 1.5 in freedom ("1" Is best possible); 2 in civil liberties; 1 in political liberties.

So, then, with which entity does nearly every government in the world side? Entity A. Read more: Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2014 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 84

As an ex-soldier in the Israeli Occupation, I've seen how shockingly we treat Palestinians:

There are moral red lines. Why do we keep crossing them? Ref. Source 3

16th Jul, 2014 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 84

You might even take it further in that it is not just hiding their leaders amongst civilians, but they actually play on western rules of engagement by moving troops/weapons around in marked ambulances because they know that Israel won't take out a ambulance. While it is very clever and when you are small fighting someone larger, it makes sense, as you have to use all methods of victory at your disposal.

However, this seems like a duplicate of the last several uprisings in that it will last a couple more weeks. Israel will wipe out a lot of the Palestinian leaders and resulting many civilian casualties in the process. The Palestinians will launch many missiles and a few will hit. The death counts will be grossly disproportionate. There will be an eventual cease fire. There will be little desire of the Israelis to go to the negoiation table for a good while. Even if the Palestinians wanted to go to the negoiation table after this, their entire managment will have flipped and won't be stable for a good while.

With the catholic crusades, the goal was to convert the conquered and to establish governments to their liking (And plunder). I read where the goal of Hamas it the elimination of the Jewish State. If so, then they are really giving it a poor attempt. Unless the Israelis all run under a fairly uncontrolled missile, that just isn't happening. I do think if the opportunity presented itself, like it nearly did without UN intervention at the birth of Israel after WWII, that they would wipe Israel off the map, but it is not realistic to think it could happen with the actions carried out now.

Why 3 teenagers? Hamas knew that there would be retaliation. Did they not think they would be found? If so, they did a really bad job of hiding them in fairly easily to be found shallow graves.

Is it that the oppression of the Israel State for the Palestinians hasnt be front line news in a long time and they wanted to bring it back to the surface? Perhaps it spurs donations? Perhaps it is what they feel they need to give to the cause (A life or two - perhaps their own)? Perhaps the economic situation in the Palestinian territories is so bad that this is a case of a bored military finding something to do.

I am a fairly rationale person, but I really do not see the rationale in these actions. I suspect that that is due to my personal views on suicide or suicide missions.

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,