Palestine vs. Israel - Page 89 of 109

Well, while Israel didn't initiate - Page 89 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 29th Jul, 2014 - 2:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 109 pgs.  85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93  ...Latest (109) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
26th Jul, 2014 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 89

PigStudy, I know what you are saying my focus is that the force they use also kills many innocent lives. Going back to the tractor / weeds example. To get some weeds out of your garden you need to hand pick it or use a small shovel, if you bring in a tractor you're going to rip up the good grass and plants too.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2014 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

The U.N. Security Council held an emergency midnight meeting in New York early Monday morning and expressed "Strong support ... For an immediate and unconditional humanitarian" Cease-fire in Gaza, "Allowing for the delivery of urgently needed assistance." Ref. USAToday

28th Jul, 2014 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

I don't know much about lawncare, but when I get weeds on my lawn I bomb the lawn with chemicals. I have to make the weeds surrender enmasse. Otherwise, there is always a little root left to grow back and then I just have to come back and pull the weed again.

There is an economic reason for disproportionate use of force from the Israeli side. If you look at the cost of their defense against the Palestinian missiles the gap is HUGE. Each Palestinian missile runs about 800 USD, while the Israelis spend about 20000 USD for each Iron Dome Protection missile - not to mention any that they launch to hit targets. That is a pretty good economic trade as far as the Palestinians should be concerned and the Israelis probably want to get the conflict over with as soon as possible. Historically, that has meant a very lopsided body count and lots of infrastructure damage to the Palestinian Territories.

Source 7

Now, while there is a huge disparity between the cost of missiles, one has to wonder how much the Palestinians are electing to spend in missiles versus spending on their own infrastruction - assuming they are living in filth as was described in another post. To date, there have been approximately 2500 missiles fired from Hamas into Israel. That is 2 million USD. As a matter of fact, there has been no month this year that there hasnt been rockets fired from the Palestinian Territories into Israel. I could only imagine the response of the US if Mexico elected to fire 2500 missiles onto US land. I actually suspected they would get much past 100 before measures were taken to ensure it didn't happen every again.

Source 8

With more than nearly 20% unemployment, wouldn't 2 million USD go to better uses? Not to mention, the Territories are in debt. Couldnt that money be used to pay off some of the debt? I probably shouldnt talk about that as the US seems to never think about paying off its debt. Perhaps donations will increased by a far greater number than 2 million to help pay for infrastructure damage as well caused during the conflict. It is one strange fund raiser and costly, if that be the case. Perhaps they are hoping to get Israel to spend itself into giving them what they want? That is a smart strategy, but a lot will die before they reach that point.

28th Jul, 2014 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 89 Israel vs Palestine

About the lawn comment, that is why chemical warfare is banned, it just affects too many. Besides the deaths of innocent people my interest is the end result. They destroy all the tunnels and most of the infrastructure - then what? The missiles will still keep coming so what will they do? Genocide?

29th Jul, 2014 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

They are buying time as best as I can see. Do enough damage to the infrastructure of shuttling and launching missiles such that they will have the same "Peace" That they enjoyed for the last couple of years. Now that means there will still be missiles shot every month...just less. There have been no successful wars in which surgical strikes like you are prescribing have been effective in rooting out a problem. If so, please share them with me.

You still have one side in this conflict that is calling for the entire destruction of the others civilization and right of being. I would have trouble feeling comfortable making any deals that in the end would put me in a more vulnerable position with someone that wants to destroy me. At least lie to me to make me feel we might be friends. However, the hatred is what their officials win elections on. The hatred has to be very substantial as you don't see any Palestinian upset with their government that they are spending money that could be used to help families and build infrastruction on missiles and building a massive tunneling network to deliver those missiles.

One could say that Israel should just sit under the Iron Dome and wait it out. However, at that 800 to 20,000 disparity between missile cost shot and missile interceptor cost, Israel will go broke in fairly short order.

Should the Palestinians just sit and do nothing as the new settlements continue to encroch on the land that they feel is theirs? Absolutely not, but the only suggestion I might have is that nearly 60 years of trying to purge the area of Israelis might not be the best solution to their problem. Wait a few more years when radical islam has become the mainstream radical islam of the area and you might have a few more willing to help destroy Israel. At that point, I don't think that they will be doing weed pulling as their rhetoric has suggested.

29th Jul, 2014 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

For me Israel is just defending the citizens and country. They did not initiate war or ask for it. History clearly shows that when people choose to be angry with you for decades that they don't change unless you annihilate them. The Jews know that well from the entrance to Canaan, that's why divinity told Kings Saul and David to do what they had to do if they wanted peace.

Rather off topic, but...
Vincenzo, Islam, specially radical Islam is growing by leaps and bounds, the Bible clearly outlines that such a time is coming (Where Israel be overrun by powers from the north, and it will become dire for Israel and only the Messiah will save them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2014 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 89

Gaza's sole power station bombed

Israel vows offensive won't end until Hamas tunnels are neutralized. Ref. Source 2

29th Jul, 2014 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 89

Well, while Israel didn't initiate the war, the continued encroachment of settlements into what is labeled as Palestinian Territories, didn't help anything. On the contrary, it makes an impossible peace all the more improbable. While I will tend to agree with you that the destruction is likely the only solution after many years of this hatred, there another potential that has worked. It would require a strong leader that united the 2 groups and forced them to live together. This has worked for Tito, Hussien, the old Soviet Union, etc...

Honestly, I think it will be women that determine if radical islam rules the world in time. For many stepping back into what is Sharia Law, it will mark the biggest reversal of womens rights the world has seen. And women can still make life hell for husbands that believe this is a great thing...just depends on how many there are.

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,