Palestine vs. Israel - Page 11 of 109

Well, hopefully it will be a start of the - Page 11 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2003 - 1:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 109 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (109) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
2nd Jun, 2003 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 11

I see many problems with this future State of Palestine... Israel won't believe that they are not going to continue to bomb them. I think Israel is only doing it because of pressures from the US.

From Deseret News:

ISRAEL TO RETAIN MANY OUTPOSTS
Israel will dismantle only some of the more than 100 West Bank settlement
outposts established since violence began 32 months ago, Israeli officials said
today, underscoring the difficulty Israelis and Palestinians are having in
reaching agreement ahead of a summit with President Bush.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...37475%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2003 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Israel vs Palestine

Brian, there is armageddon on right now. It's just that it's not in US or my country or China or Norway, or many other countries. But to the people in Iraq, it was armageddon back in March / April. To the Palestinians, it's probably seem like armageddon every other day...

My use of the word 'armageddon' may not be appropriate. But my point is that to the people in Palestine, there seem to be no end in sight for a peaceful upbringing of their children, where they will learn to love thy neighbor. Without warning, their neighborhood may be torn down, just because the Israeli govt wants to go after some CRIMINAL elements. Why should the rest of the people suffer? You don't smash all your furniture and fittings just to go after a pesky mosquito, do you?

Malaysia fought a very successful war against communist insurgents, not so much by winning the firefights outright, but by winning the hearts of the people --- including the ones that were sympathetic to the cause of the communists.

That's the key to a lasting peace. Win the hearts of the general population, and let them show the hardcore elements in their own people that peace would allow them to achieve more than war. Very soon, those suicide bombers would be considered as criminals that must be brought to justice ............ BY THEIR OWN PEOPLE!  But right now, being a suicide bomber has become something of a glory for them to strive towards (matyrdom) in the name of defence against the violent aggression of the Israeli govt.  Every time Israel respond to a criminal attack, they go in a raze the whole town. If you are an innocent villager or resident and your whole town is torn down, how would you feel? The tit for tat actions are never a good solution.

We must recognize the fact that there are always undesirable elements in any society. We must not legitimize their actions by responding in such ways that hardens the feelings of the common innocent people.

2nd Jun, 2003 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

Fireduck, well said. (Adds a Charisma Point wink.gif ) This is what seperates the US from the rest of the world I believe... the world believes, if the people want it, they can change it, the US believes if we are powerful enough to change it let's force a change. The later has a short term effect. History has proven that when it is the will of the people then it has a long term effect. Thus in this scenario, let Palestine become a State, let them have their army, their weapons, etc and when crunch time happens let them make their own little 'Armageddon' when crunch time happens without the rest of the world pushing their heads in. Afterall, no one can stop it. So why kill more people than necessary.

3rd Jun, 2003 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Page 11 Israel vs Palestine

Fireduck, excelent comments!!! I could not have say it better.

We must recognize the fact that there are always undesirable elements in any society. We must not legitimize their actions by responding in such ways that hardens the feelings of the common innocent people.

That's so true, the way countries retaliate is the key in the peace process, I could understand the pressure of the Presidents of both sides...but like I said before, I think both sides don't really want to the peace but they want blood sad.gif Now I do hope if Palestine ever become a state, everything will stop although I have my serious doubts about it...sad.gif

4th Jun, 2003 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

So, Israel is going to bite the bullet and move their communities off of Palestine's land, now the Jews are going to get angry, does this mean we are going to see Jewish zealots taking matters into their own hands?

From Deseret News:

SHARON, ABBAS COMMIT TO PEACE
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon pledged today to dismantle illegal outposts
in Palestinian areas, while the new Palestinian leader renounced terrorism
against Israel. Both steps were sought by President Bush as he brought the two
sides together in a dramatic bid to advance Middle East peace.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...37922%2C00.html

10th Jun, 2003 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

it is no laughing matter, but all these supposed 'Road Map' talks seem to be a comedy based on this:

The Middle East peace process was further complicated
today after two Israeli helicopter strikes in Gaza. The
strikes targeted leaders of the militant organization Hamas,
Israelis say. According to Palestinian sources, five people
were killed and 25 injured. The actions came after a weekend
attack that killed four Israeli soldiers. In a rare
criticism of Israel, President Bush said he was "deeply
troubled" by this morning's attack. Is the peace process in
danger of derailing?

What was Israel thinking? Firing on a vehicle trying to make an assassination? At the same time, what is the Hamas group doing by bombing everywhere when their land is becoming closer to a recognized State?

As discussed earlier, the whole point is... these two groups just love war, they love to kill and that is why nothing can be done to prevent it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jul, 2003 - 10:06am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 11

Well here we go again. A 'word' given that no one will be bombed in six months and a removal of Israeli trips from Gaza. People have seen this over and over again. Will it bring some kind of stability for at least a brief period? Does this mean the start of a Palestine State?

BETHLEHEM HANDOVER SET

Following their withdrawal from Gaza a day earlier, Israeli troops were due to
hand over control of the West Bank town of Bethlehem to Palestinians on
Wednesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/02/...east/index.html

2nd Jul, 2003 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 11

Well, hopefully it will be a start of the peace process in the middle east. Israel so far is doing most of the 'moves' to establish some peace somehow (moving their troops and stuff), I cannot say the same thing about the Palestinians since they (the Israelities soldiers) already had to kill a gun man who was at the border again.
It was nice to see Israeli soldiers and Palestinian soldiers shake hand and smile to each other.

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,