Thanksgiving 2009 - Page 3 of 3

Name: Momsrecipe Comments: Last year we had - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 16th Jun, 2010 - 4:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
What are your plans?
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2009 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving 2009
A Friend

Thanksgiving 2009 - Page 3

Yes we wait till the day after Thanksgiving to put up our tree. I have to admit I like the idea of a tree to place all that you are thankful for the year on. We usually go around the table and tell everyone what we have been thankful for during the past year.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Nov, 2009 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving

I am thinking of making a simple meal, delicious yet traditional. I am not making my favorite green bean casserole this year because hubby wants a three bean salad so I will be doing that but I am thinking of turkey (nice stuffing inside) with cranberry sauce of course, mash potatoes with gravy, three bean salad, and cauliflower or broccoli with Bechamel sauce.

Of course we cannot forget dinner rolls and apple pie! This is just an idea, I didn't decide the exact menu as yet.

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2009 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving 2009
A Friend

Thanksgiving 2009 Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

It is the pies that really help me on thanksgiving. Pumpkin and pecan pies is what I am looking forward to.

13th Nov, 2009 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Thanksgiving

According to Fox News it will cost on average US$42.00 to feed a family of ten in the US for Thanksgiving this year. That won't even buy the turkey where I live.

18th Nov, 2009 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving

Well folks, we decided to go to the mall instead for a change but next year we will have it home (hopefully). We have been going through so much stress that I think going out for a few hours, kids playing games and eating something nice, etc can give us a little break.

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2009 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving 2009
A Friend

Thanksgiving 2009

Well I hope that you have a nice stress free Thanksgiving and that the kids enjoy a nice carefree day. I know that I like the idea of taking a year off and not having a lot of dishes to clean. We are still trying to figure out where we are going to eat.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2009 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving 2009
A Friend

Thanksgiving 2009 - Page 3

Thanksgiving for us is all about food, family, and football. We are spending this Thanksgiving with my husband's (dbackers) side of the family. He is the oldest of six children and his family is very close. We enjoy being around family, the kids love playing with the cousins, the men enjoy football, and the women usually get together and play games usually Apples to Apples, though we do like a good game of football as well. (Actually, my husband's grandmother enjoys the football more than the men do. This is a reason why we all love to go to her house--she loves the sports and is so cute about it.) We also like to play flag football with everyone. It's a lot of fun! We all share in the food preparation--everyone brings something to share. It is always a traditional Thanksgiving meal with lots and lots of pies! We will be having turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, traditional jello salad that we have affectionately named "green goop", homemade rolls, green beans, stuffing, pumpkin rolls, and pies. The pie list is usually extensive: banana cream, lemon cream, chocolate cream, pecan, apple, pumpkin, coconut cream, and there are probably some I forgot. This year dbackers is making a strawberry cheesecake and a chocolate cheesecake. I am making a peanut butter/chocolate pie this year, and we are in charge of the stuffing. We enjoy making meals together. We love being near family and celebrating this special season with them.

I do remember times in our marriage when dbackers was in college and also worked long shifts on the holiday. We were unable to go home for Thanksgiving, and we did enjoy going out to eat for Thanksgiving before or after his shift at work. It was nice to not have to cook and clean up, but just relax and enjoy some quiet, family time. We did miss the left-overs afterward though. One of the years, we did go ahead and make a turkey so we could enjoy the turkey all week with sandwiches and soups.

Thanksgiving with our extended family is still pretty relaxing as there are so many of us, that each of us takes a job and the set up, preparation of food, and clean up are no big deal--it gets done rather quickly. I hope everyone has an enjoyable Thanksgiving this year.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2010 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving 2009 Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Name: Momsrecipe

Comments: Last year we had a mushroom pasta Mmedley as a Thanksgiving side dish and I'm planning to have it this coming year too. Here are the ingredients so I bet you can figure out how they come together if you want to do it:

6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
2 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
2 tablespoons sherry or additional broth
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese

Basically you're making a broth with the items.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Thanksgiving 2009

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,