Joseph Smith And The Egyptian Mummy - Page 2 of 2

Church History Symposium explores Joseph Smith - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 10th Mar, 2013 - 1:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2009 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith And The Egyptian Mummy
A Friend

Joseph Smith And The Egyptian Mummy - Page 2

Liahona, I don't recognize your reference. Would you please give the actual name of the source? Thanks.

Elphaba

Sponsored Links:
16th Nov, 2009 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Mummy Egyptian The Smith Joseph

Sorry about that, not sure what happened. This is the proper quote and source:

international QUOTE
On July 3,1835 some of the saints at Kirtland purchased the mummies and papyrus [from a Mr. Chandler], and I [Joseph, Smith, Jr.], with W. W. Phelps and Oliver Cowdery as scribes, commenced the translation of some of the characters or hieroglyphics, and much to our joy found that one of the rolls contained the writings of Abraham, another the writings of Joseph of Egypt, etc. A more full account of which will appear in their place, as I proceed to examine or unfold them. Truly can we say, The Lord is beginning to reveal the abundance of peace and truth. [LDS Church History, vol 2, pp 235-236; RLDS Church History, vol 1, pp 568-569]

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2013 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Joseph Smith And The Egyptian Mummy Studies Doctrine Mormon

Church History Symposium explores Joseph Smith and ancient world

Scholars examined the extent to which LDS Church founder Joseph Smith was familiar with ancient writings. Ref. Source 6

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Joseph Smith And The Egyptian Mummy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,