Recession-hit Britain to sell off state assets: PM

Recession-hit Britain Sell State Assets Pm - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Oct, 2009 - 11:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

World - Britain
Post Date: 12th Oct, 2009 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Recession-hit Britain to sell off state assets: PM (AFP)
British News

File photo of the Eurotunnel control room in Folkestone, Kent. The government will sell off a raft of state assets, Prime Minister Gordon Brown was to say Monday as he bids to reclaim the initiative on reducing recession-hit Britain's debt.(AFP/File/Shaun Curry)AFP - The British government will sell off a raft of state assets, Prime Minister Gordon Brown was to say Monday as he bids to reclaim the initiative on reducing recession-hit Britain's debt.

Source: Yahoo! News: World - Britain

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Oct, 2009 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

PM assets state sell Britain Recession-hit

I do not believe this is the way to solve anything, Gordon Brown has tried his best to get the country out of the recession but has so far failed with his ideas and I fear we are coming close to hyper-inflation which would be a disaster.

France and other countries have came out of recession and have turned it around, I think maybe before we push the panic button and sell assests maybe England should think abit more and see how others are turning things around.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2009 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Recession-hit Britain to sell off state assets: PM History & Civil Business Politics

There has been more of this story in the news today.

The government have agreed to sell of the state owned Tote betting company to a private consortium for £150million. This is really shocking considering they turned down a £400million offer for the same company last year.

Bookmakers have suffered in the recession and I think that they would be better off keeping hold of the Tote betting until after the recession has picked up, as it will be worth more than double the value.

> TOPIC: Recession-hit Britain to sell off state assets: PM

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,