Stereotypes - Page 2 of 3

It is human nature to stereotype anything - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Jan, 2004 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Why we hate them!
9th Mar, 2003 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Stereotypes - Page 2

[quote]I agree that it was silly for them to do that. They said I looked like a guy who would be sealing drugs[/quote]

Yes, it is!!!! :smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif did they at least apologize?????

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2003 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Stereotypes
A Friend

Stereotypes

they did after they told me to empty my pockets.   They also wanted to know who my friends were. I told them and sence they knew them the said they were sorry.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2003 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Stereotypes
A Friend

Stereotypes History & Civil Business Politics

I think adults stereotype teens too much, so many adults seem surprised when they find that I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, don't steal, and do well in school.... I think they should see us as individuals, not as a general thing. they act like we can't hold intelligent conversations and NEVER listen to our opinions, even if they ask for it!!! adults just got too get over themselves and give us a chance.. WE will be taking care of them when they get older and its a little late to show us respect then!!

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2003 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Stereotypes
A Friend

Page 2 Stereotypes

Actually, I think it is fairly normal.
We are not very far removed from our roots as "clans", and have a natural tendency to lump things together into easily recognizable groups.

And when you get right down to it, everyone stereotypes, even the ones who complain the most about it.

It's not usually accurate, but it is convenient for the generally simple "mass" mind, so I don't worry much about it.

Note the stereotyping all of Europe does about us Yanks. I merely shrug it off, or better yet, turn it into a joke that really ticks them off.

"We are arrogant"?
"Of course we are. We are the best, surrounded by inferiors.
"Why shouldn't we be arrogant?

I love to watch a Frenchman turn purple when I say that.

But then, I do have a perverse sense of humor, I'm told.

26th Mar, 2003 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Stereotypes

[quote]"We are arrogant"?
"Of course we are. We are the best, surrounded by inferiors.
"Why shouldn't we be arrogant?
I love to watch a Frenchman turn purple when I say that. [/quote]

Give it a shot and you will see an Argentinian turning GREEN of anger!!!!! LOL

I agree with Stranger, everyone of us stereotype people in some way or another...sometimes is not concious but we do it every day. I think it would be a cool 'exercise' to get rid of it somehow....maybe asking a friend of us to tell us when they hear us saying something stupid.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2003 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Stereotypes
A Friend

Stereotypes

[quote]
I agree with Stranger, everyone of us stereotype people in some way or another...sometimes is not concious but we do it every day. I think it would be a cool 'exercise' to get rid of it somehow....maybe asking a friend of us to tell us when they hear us saying something stupid.[/quote]

Yeah thats true... I love how I always say how I hate how people judge and sterotype, and then I turn around and do the same thing.

It's a pretty sad existence.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2003 - 10:37am / Post ID: #

Stereotypes
A Friend

Stereotypes - Page 2

Actually it's very funny if you can step back from it a bit.
You should hear what people say about me, both to my face and behind my back.

Rather than get offended or angry, my favorite tactic is to take the stereotype they have used and act out an extreme parody of it- on them!

I have had  some of the most hysterical moments with that, especially when dealing with upper class or professional types.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2004 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Stereotypes Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

It is human nature to stereotype anything that the brain's limited and narrow minded concepts cannot understand.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Stereotypes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,