Touched By September 11th - 9/11 - Page 3 of 12

Many of us have experienced changes in our - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Sep, 2004 - 3:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (12) »

?
Poll: Did September 11th affect you deeply?
  Yes, very much so       62.96%
  Yes, but only as much as any other world tragedy       29.63%
  Not really, terror happens all the time for me       3.70%
  No, not at all       3.70%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
9/11 Since this tradegy took place the world is a much different place. Share your thoughts and experiences if you were there.
Touched By September 11th - 9/11 Related Information to Touched By September 11th - 9/11
23rd Jul, 2004 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Touched By September 11th - 9/11 - Page 3

Yes, I saw the video and I was shocked, that's why even though I find many people complaint about the new security measures the US putted on my place, I support it 100%, even if it cause delays, who cares! we are talking about lives here.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

th September Touched

SEPTEMBER 11 CEREMONY TO FEATURE VICTIMS' RELATIVES

The ceremony on the third anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks will
feature parents and grandparents reading the names of their loves ones who
died that day.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/08/17...y.ap/index.html

29th Aug, 2004 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Touched By September 11th - 9/11 History & Civil Business Politics

9/11 toy found inside candy bags

Now, this is disgusting!!! lipsrsealed.gif

From CNN:

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Small toys showing an airplane flying into the World Trade Center were packed inside more than 14,000 bags of candy and sent to small groceries around the country before being recalled.

Lisy Corp., the wholesaler that distributed the candy, said Friday that the toys were purchased in bulk from a Miami-based import company.

The toys came in an assortment purchased sight unseen from L&M Import in Miami and included the toys depicting the attacks on the World Trade Center of September 11, 2001, along with whistles and other small toys, said Luis Pedron, Lisy's national sales manager. The invoice described the toy as a plastic swing set....

https://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/08/27/911.toy.ap/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th Aug, 2004 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 th September Touched

What awful toys those are. I can't imagine what someone was thinking of when they made these, other than pure avarice for the money they could get. As the third anniversary of the attacks approaches I remember how I felt on that day. I was horrified that such a thing could happen in this country. I found out after I went to work that day, I had not had my TV on before leaving. This might sound selfish but all I could think about was Paul. You see we had only recently declared our feelings for each other and I was so worried that I would not be able to contact him. I thought that the internet might be down. I know that was a stupid thing to be worried about. I just wanted to hear his voice and tell him I loved him. When I did get home I found that the net was fine and Paul was so worried about me. You see he really had no idea the distance between New York and Minnesota so he thought that I could be in danger. I have always felt a little guilty that I was more concerned with myself and my loved ones then with the people who lost their lives that day.

Reconcile Edited: ReneeisXena on 29th Aug, 2004 - 12:27pm

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

10th Sep, 2004 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

th September Touched

Here is a touching tribute and memorial about 9/11.
https://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm

The Blood of Heroes.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

11th Sep, 2004 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Touched By September 11th - 9/11

WOW Nighthawk, that was awesome. It made me feel the way I felt that day. It made me feel so very sad and angry. Sad for all those who did nothing more than go to work one day and angry that we still have not avenged their deaths. Bin Ladin is still free. I will NEVER forget that awful day. I recently heard about the Freedom Tower that is to be built at ground zero. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Has anyone else heard about this? What do you think about it?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2004 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Touched September 11th 9/11 - Page 3

WTC TO SUE SAUDI ARABIA OVER 9/11

The agency that owned the World Trade Center on Friday said it will file a
lawsuit against Saudi Arabia for damages it suffered on Sept. 11, 2001, noting
84 of its employees were killed in the air attacks that toppled the twin
towers.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/10/wtc.dama...reut/index.html

13th Sep, 2004 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Touched September 11th 9/11 Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Many of us have experienced changes in our feelings, thoughts, and actions since 9/11/2001. For many, there is a lot of grief, anger, fear, and anxiety. Others have tried to channel the negative emotions and make something good come of it all.

https://www.strengthenthegood.com/archives/...ngthen_the.html
Strengthen the Good is a blog that is dedicated to finding information on "micro" charities. These are charities where we can contribute a lot, with just a little money, some word-of-mouth publicity, and just being aware of them. The link above will take you to an article about a young woman who was 5 weeks pregnant when her husband was killed in the WTC. Since they had been talking about creating a non-profit foundation to help families with autistic children, she decided, after the baby was born, to release the grief and anger, and get the organization going.

Here is a link to this organization:
https://www.woodallkids.org/index.html

Read the stories. They are very touching. I think this is an excellent example of how we can choose to make something good out of the horrible events around us.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Touched By September 11th - 9/11

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,