+  1 2 3 4 
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2009 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules
A Friend

D&D Play By Post Rules

D&D Play by Post Rules

Here is the run down to play D&D Play by Post:

Note: Only Mature Posters who are not looking for 'instant' play need apply. By 'instant' we mean that things here happen within different time zones because this is an International Community. Members here take their time to develop their characters through writing skills, it is not 'live' play. If this is you... Read on.

1. First join our International Community, please note our rules. Joining and participating is FREE!

2. When you login for the first time you will need to make a simple PROPER Introduction telling about your reasons for joining so you can be directed to the correct section of the Community. This is done after you validate your Email

3. Proceed to Create Your AD&D Character using the generator or your own dice rolls. Your character must start at level ONE and be a SINGLE classed character This means no high level multi-classed Characters. Use all available buttons, but only use the [Display Character] button to Post your character (see #4 below)

4. Update: Dungeon Master, approves the character you create, once approved you start participating.

You now have more than one choice of who you will like your Dungeon Master to be: See the Member Wars Board or DMs available link.

See what their requirements are within the various threads.

5. If you need stats for D&D Characters, Equipment, Spells and Monsters then check here.

RECOMMENDED: Read the following about how things work here written by JPatt: Source 4

This thread is to discuss the rules that we will be using in the play by post world.

Currently I will be the GM and I will be using the Dungeons and Dragons core rules of 3.5 edition.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Oct, 2009 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules
A Friend

Rules Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I am looking for parties of three or more people to get this kicked off. I have posted a sample character sheet in the Character sheet thread. Please design your characters sheet using this model.

26th Oct, 2009 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I might be interested in this if I don't have to be super active, but also I'm not all that bright about the D&D rules so I'll need help.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2009 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules
A Friend

You do not have to be super active in here so yes you can join. The rules are pretty much the same as original AD&D with some modifications. I can help anyone who is not familiar with the 3.5 version to get their character set up.

29th Oct, 2009 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

I've been invited to play so I thought I'd give this a try. I was asked to link to my "Intro" - would that be where I post my character, as I don't see a thread marked "Intro"?

29th Oct, 2009 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules

The Dice Master says...

KNtoran, you said you wanted to Discuss the rules here, are you talking about AD&D rules from the manual, the rules you require for play by post gaming or what exactly? You may want to add that to your first post.

Rather off topic, but...
Jpatt your Intro Thread is here: Source 6 please Bookmark it as that is where you Update us on what you're doing or any questions you have. Also, please use Offtopic tag for anything not related to the subject of the Thread. Thanks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules
A Friend

D&D Play Post Rules

The rules I am using are the core rules from the AD&D 3,5 version gaming system. I am flexible on some rules but I hold to the core rules.

Some of the basics.

1. You must create a character and post that character to the character thread to be approved by the DM.

2. IF your character needs modification I will let you know.

3. You can have more than one approved character but can only have one active at a time

4. All characters start at zero experience and max hit points. When you go up to a new level you start at zero experience once again. You roll for your hit points starting at level 2.

5. I do not enforce racial restrictions as long as there is a human in the party.

Any questions?

For thos of you interested in this style of game play please post a character. For posting a character follow these steps.

1. Register as a user on this forum.

2. Post a welcome thread telling us about you.

3. Get a piece of paper and pencil/pen this will be used to develop your character.

4. Go here Source 5 and roll 1d6 in the dice roller four times take away lowest dice score and other three to get six scores. If you have a yatzee game or have other games you can roll your own dice. The roll is the same take four dice roll them take away lowest and add other three.

5. Select a class for your character. Examples are fighter, wizard, cleric, ranger, barbarian, thief, paladin.

6. Once you select you class place your ability scores that you rolled in Strength, Intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution and charisma. Remember each class uses different ability scores to add bonuses.

7. Now you need to check what skills and feats you wish to have. Check here Source 5 for the lists and number available to you.

8. Now you can go here Source 6 to equip your character.

9. Now your ready to post your character in the character thread located here .https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showtopic=51512

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 29th Oct, 2009 - 6:45pm

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2009 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules
A Friend

D&D Play Post Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Ability Score Modifiers.

For those who do not have them here are the modifiers for your ability scores. Also I included the Racial modifiers for you to add on if you have not already.

Ability scores:

1 - 5
2-3 - 4
4-5 - 3
6-7 - 2
8-9 - 1
10-11 0
12-13 + 1
14-15 + 2
16-17 + 3
18-19 + 4
20-21 + 5
22-23 + 6
24-25 + 7

Spell Bonuses:

12-13 1 1st lvl
14-15 2 1st lvl and 1 2nd
16-17 3 1st lvl, 2 2nd lvl and 1 3rd lvl
18-19 4 1st lvl, 3 2nd lvl, 2 3rd lvl and 1 4th lvl
20-21 6 1st lvl, 4 2nd lvl, 3 3rd lvl, 2 4th lvl and 1 5th lvl
22-23 8 1st lvl, 6 2nd lvl, 4 3rd lvl, 3 4th lvl, 2 5th lvl and 1 6th lvl
24-25 10 1st lvl, 8 2nd lvl, 6 3rd lvl, 4 4th lvl, 3 5th lvl, 2 6th lvl and 1 7th lvl.

Race Modifiers

Human none
Dwarf +2 Constitution and -2 Charisma
Elf +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution
Gnome +2 Constitution, -2 Strength
Half Elf none
Half-orc +2 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
Halfling +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength

HD or dice to roll for you class is as follows

d4 Sorcerers, Wizards
d6 Bard, Rogue
d8 Cleric, Druid, Monk, Ranger
d10 Fighter, Paladin
d12 Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: D&D Play By Post Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.