D&D Play By Post Rules - Page 3 of 4

I adjusted the first Post to indicate that - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Mar, 2010 - 9:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

02nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
31st Jan, 2010 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules - Page 3

The Dice Master says...

The new AD&D section seems to be attracting a lot of attention and bringing people who just Post everywhere on the site basically saying "help me" and when you give them answers they go to another Thread saying "help me". I think we need to have some sort of requirement to slow people down or there will be a heavy workload on us moderating these people for the sake of a small part of the Community who simply do not want to take the time to read or get used to the site.

Sponsored Links:
31st Jan, 2010 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Rules Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Some of them are crazy for what they say when they get here. I think they're just not used to the site so they get frustrated. Why don't you have the 30 post rule across the whole site. That will make them get used to things first. Plus if you have activity checked you will know who will stay and who won't.

31st Jan, 2010 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Dice Master says...

Member Wars was meant to be 'open' so there isn't a delay in starting so having those Requirements will not do. Our Registration is elaborate, yet they really do not read anything and come asking us to do the reading for them. I have requirements on my RPGs because I refuse to have Players that are not active or already involved with the site, but may not be the case in this Board. My main concern is the time in our Moderating. It will be fine if they just stick to their Intro and ask questions and then whomever is associated with AD&D can answer it, but instead they go from Thread to Thread on various Boards asking the same questions - highly irritating.

1st Feb, 2010 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Rules Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I've been noticing this, and to be honest, the frustration is visible in moderating posts as well. Is there a way you could mod KNToran or someone just for the MW forums, or is it not really predominantly specific to this? As it is though, I guess anyone interested in helping people out that are interested in the RPG stuff (at least here) are already tending to post in the newcomers' threads to give them a headsup. Maybe I can make a player-made FAQ type thing for totally new site and MW signups to maybe mitigate some of their "OMG HOW DO I WIN laugh.gif" posts.

I run it through in my head but the only thing I can come up with, not necessitating some sort of minor overhaul of organization or threads in more than one forum, would be "more mods" but that really isn't a satisfactory answer either.

I wonder - is there any way to set up like a sort of "gauntlet", for lack of a better word, for people joining the AD&D thing, like when they make their character - to have a couple page survey/poll response style interface, with tidbits of info here and there, that they basically are required to read, to continue? Sort of like the old game copy protection, where you had to turn to page 87 in the game's harcopy manual and read the third word on the 8th line? Maybe ask them what the last three words in the first paragraph of one of the FAQ stickies is, to get to the next page? This would strongly promote newbies at least being brought into contact with these threads they seem to never see, even if they don't pay it attention past that, they will still have had the chance and no much excuse past that - and some may actually be interested enough to say "Hey, wait, this looks helpful!"

1st Feb, 2010 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Rules Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Dice Master says...

The thing is you are still still asking them to read, something so formidable for them that they cannot comprehend it. As an example one of the Users joined and posted everywhere on the Board asking "What do I do" and "Help me" kind of questions. They were so clueless that even after they were deleted they continued to Post as a Guest and could not even SEE that they were Posting as a Guest. By the time you write out specific instructions and the person still continues to say "I cannot see it" then you know what... You're not mature enough to be here because its likely you're just a kid.

I believe people miss the important part of the Registration Requirement - to understand this is firstly an International Discussion Community with one SMALL part of it facilitating RPGs. They come here expecting everything to be a [Start Now] button. I believe the only cure or help will be for those of you who are participating and more experienced to grab these people (show them the ropes in their Intro Thread) fast and get them off the steroids before they are deleted. However, most of you are not here as often so they tend to meet with the Mods or myself, and by then it is too late.

I believe that no matter what you do there will always be flakes Registering... It is just a part of the net life that the system here catches and weeds out.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2010 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play By Post Rules
A Friend

D&D Play By Post Rules

I do try to get here daily and see if any new people have signed up. I try to tell them to read the rules and to ask questions in their intro thread. I will continue to try to reach some of these people before the mods get to them and delete them. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Feb, 2010 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

D&D Play Post Rules - Page 3

KNtoran recommended, and I second, this be also added to the FAQ I wrote, wherever you feel best:

I like the FAQ page you made Jpatt. One of the things I would have changed is under Character Creation. I think having the words "All characters created for play in the forum must be first level." This will save some time I believe.

6th Mar, 2010 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

D&D Play Post Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

The Dice Master says...

I adjusted the first Post to indicate that Players can also create a Character for Oliron's AD&D Threads.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: D&D Play By Post Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.