Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 7 of 112

To be honest, annoying accurate, funny too, - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Dec, 2009 - 1:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 112 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
18th Dec, 2009 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 7

Mainly I"m saying social interaction will be difficult, to say the least, a charisma of 4 (now 8) is still low and will make conversation difficult, and being a half elf with 8 is bad. Quite a few people will be unfriendly to him if not down right insulting, to say the least.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Dec, 2009 - 7:52pm

Sponsored Links:
18th Dec, 2009 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

I agree with you, so luckily, we are a tolerant, understanding group and should be able to put up with his lack of social graces - an extra arm or spell is still an extra arm or spell, as well as brain. I think we can dilute his conversational shortcomings with the rest of our savvy, so let's just call letting him talk to anybody, Plan B. If that.

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2009 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

O.k. Made the adjustments, the only that changes is now I get +3 to handle animal instead of one, and people don't attack me on sight for being an abomination laugh.gif.

Not exactly sure how this game works let me see if I got it.

When I posted earlier it said no name, no class and that I needed to visit the blacksmith instead of giving my name class and equipment, does the gm change that now that my character is accepted or do I need to, if me than how.

The Gm posts what is happening in a separate board, then we post our responses in the party thread, correct?

18th Dec, 2009 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

All this can be added by you just go onto your profile by finding on the site "Hello BadByrd" near the top of the page, click on you name, and then click Edit Profile. Everything's right there for you to fill out.
Yes that right.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Dec, 2009 - 9:30pm

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2009 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Really appreciate the info, thank you. It's always tough being the new guy laugh.gif.
Well I think I finally got everything squared away and am ready to play. See you guys in the game

18th Dec, 2009 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Very good and quick improvisation and adapting - I had a hard time understanding where we did what, and how, until I eventually got into the routine and idea of how things were ran here and how the game threads were used, and I of all people was elected Party Leader, so I guess I had my own share of adapting. Sounds like you should do very well here as you are quite the quick study, glad to have you and your weak, ugly character. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 7

O.k. I went through and read the posts so far in this game, just to get some back ground on the characters, ( it will allow me to develop my character's reaction towards each individual better).

So far this is what I have( this is just to let you guys no how your coming off and if this is the direction you want your character to go based on an outsider looking in.

Kursten- provides the front of a typical arrogant elf, but able to see past the masks people put on and see thier true selves. Willing to be kind a generous to those who are honest with her, and most of all honest with themselves. Has a bit of a sadist side, can be kind if others are truly in pain or need help, otherwise enjoys watching people squirm.

Lionel- An entitled prince. Attempts to be humble by saying things like, " just treat me like one of the guys"(praphrasing) but in fact expects a certain amount of diferment due to his rank as a prince. Gets upset easily if his royal pride is wounded or ego attacked. Great team player when crunch time comes around. Quick to admit his own wrongs when he oversteps his bounds, he understands that he is, after all, dealing with commoners who don't always know any better.

Namdar- Developing a certain dislike of magic users, sorcerers in particular. Not hatred, just an annoyance at general magic user arrogance, ( hey, we are spell casters what do you expect Namdar laugh.gif) Good team leader, not very ego driven, willing to listen and take advice, capable of making decisions in a tight spot.

Beast- So far, a giant, strong teddy bear with a good sense of self depreciating humor. Loyal to a fault, kinda like a faithfull dog to his group, and very defensive to anyone who threatens his band of travelers. Great guy to have on your team, horrible one to have hear you say something bad about anyone he considers a friend.

Oliron-Trying to live up the specter of his father, always feeling he falls somewhat short. Fast with blade, and strong, but not stupid. Caution when it's called for, and courage when a good "Bonzai" charge seems called for.

Pundit- Always holds out hope that he can save the heathens and bring them to the light, but doesn't badger others, simply lets them know he's there if they need him. Offers timely quote and bits of wisom for those who need it. Provides a listening ear. Like any good cleric, a bit of a healer, a bit of a psychiatrist, a bit of a mediator, and a bit of a killer all rolled into a tidy neat character.

K, thats the critique I have from what I have read in the posts. Understand that none of what I have said is a criticism. All actions that have been taken are perfectly acceptable character developments and many more are yet to come I'm sure. I only provide this as a way for everyone to check their characters behavior against how they would like their character to behave. On more tha one occasion I have started as a lawfull good cleric who would smite anyone that would dare swat a fly, only to have that character turned into a lich or some other supremely evil character right before my very eyes later on down line and I'm stuck wondering "How in the hell did that happen!?".
looking forward to joining, please let anyone in the party know this critique is here if they would like to check it out.

19th Dec, 2009 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

To be honest, annoying accurate, funny too, you described each of us surprisingly well.
One question on how you described Lionel, where did you get this idea from....

international QUOTE
"he understands that he is, after all, dealing with commoners who don't always know any better"

How he acts?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.