Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 8 of 112

Be ready badbyrd your character is almost - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2009 - 3:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 112 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 8

The one incident that sticks out in my mind, a while ago at the farm your and kursten got into it a little bit. Shortly after you apologized.
Obviousely I can only judge based on my own biases, such as when I have played royalty. When I did I often developed an aloof atitude. Only admitting wrong when threatened or when left with no other option. Even when I was obviousely wrong I wouldn't admit it.

Side note, made for some funny moments-
Me- its going to be lovely weather today.
Wizard- Really you think so * Casts control weather, summons a huge thunder storm*

Me *two hours later, drenched to the bone, taking one point of cold damage each hour, shivering so hard I keep falling off my horse*
"Yes, yes, you see I told you, such lovely weather, glad I wore shorts and a t-shirt, I imagine all you fools running around in coats are getting awefully hot by now"

So the only reason I could reconcil your royal blood with your apology is in the slightly arrogant attitude of looking down on "commoners"

I can only judge based on passed experience. Any mistakes I have made are based on my own biases.

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2009 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Okay that makes sense, but let me tell you what I"m trying to do. Lionel is proud, he tries hard not to be, but as you pointed out he doesn't do the best job at times, but he understand that he needs this group to accomplish what need to be done, like find his sister, destroy the evil that destroyed everything (almost) he has ever cared about. He doesn't consider his group just commoners, he's even trying to understand each member and impress them at times too, but his pride does get in the why and when he finds someone he has to earn their friendship he respects them more than some that his good looks and charm can sway easily, a perfect example is Lionel and Krusten as you show. Do you understand what I trying to do? Also I meant for him to be complex in psyche, and background, which explains how he's difficult to understand.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 19th Dec, 2009 - 2:34am

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2009 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Considering what your trying to do, and how he has come off to me at this point, sounds like your playing him pretty accurately to your goal. My discription appears to me to be on par with how you want him to be perceived. Of course with time would come the subtle points that have not yet revealed themselves in his character to ohers. Keep up the good work.

Again I stress the point that this critique is merely being offered as a service to my fellow compatriots. Look at it as a mirror that you can look at to see if this is how you want your character appear.

More than naything else I did this because I'm bored and figured it was a good way to engender good spirits between myself and the rest of the already integrated group.

Reconcile Edited: BadByrd on 19th Dec, 2009 - 2:48am

19th Dec, 2009 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

The main point was, at least eventually, he will treat his companions as equals, and close friends. Kind of the off the idea of the Power of Trust and Friendship, that when this happens it will make the group strong indeed.

19th Dec, 2009 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Greetings Benahll, I too am surprised at your instant grasp on the situation. Thank you for taking the time to understand our band. Ok, about your low charisma, I too have a low one.

Your charisma score as I know it, is all about the first meeting you make. Once in party and accepted you can be as charismatic as you want. If we meet others though you and I will not be taken in by them easily.

Rather off topic, but...
Making me wonder why once you have trained an animal, your negative charisma still influences the handle animal skill.

I've made my face stone grim, with a large scar on my left cheek. My body size large and muscular, thus intimidating to a new person. To the party now I seem a valuable asset, to a passerby I would seem a lawless wanderer.

19th Dec, 2009 - 10:07am / Post ID: #

Interesting assessment of the members of the party (as well as a medal-worthy effort of actually reading the whole thread), and while I can't speak for anyone else, I'd say you are fairly accurate in your characterization of my half-orc rogue.

The general gist is that he is from what would be the fantasy equivalent of an ancient Arabian kingdom - as my "Tome" (still don't know why it's called that) states: "Traveler from the Mu'hajaran Emirate in the Kingdom of Sumi", so I get this idea of hot, arid desert, with resilient and adaptable settlers and surprising sophistication and ability for what one would expect of such a meager set of tools on which to build a civilization. I also think of a lot of evocative phrases and Arabic words like caliphate and Sultan and such (I know it's simplistic but for high-adventure type games, it seems appropriate), and also loosely base Namdar on Antonio Banderas' character, Ahmad ibn Fadlan, in the 13th Warrior (and in the book), who was in turn, based on an actual Arabic writer (and explorer maybe?) - except he's also a half-orc, but even the orcs in Sumi are still far more socially developed than those in the West or North areas of the world. I don't know if there actually IS an Arabian area in KNtoran's world, as I have no idea if he's using the Forgotten Realms or what "mythos", so I'm just winging it.

Again, I and I imagine everyone else, appreciates your interest and involvement and observations in the game, and hope to see you be an active and interested member in the RP, as well as the general site and forums themselves. Great start!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Dec, 2009 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 8

The word Tome means simple:
1. A book, esp. A very heavy, large, or learned book.
2. A volume forming a part of a larger work.
So it could be said to the volume or book that describes our live in detail.

Which brings me to another question Krakyn surely you can have Skedvick be described as more than just a peasant; everyone can have more to tell than that.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 19th Dec, 2009 - 4:26pm

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2009 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

Be ready badbyrd your character is almost ready to make his grand or not so grand entrance.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.