Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 9 of 112

Wow, scale mail still grants a +3 to dex, - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2009 - 12:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 112 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2009 - 7:36am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 9

O.K. heres my character for the Solo Campaign, A chaotic Evil Cleric. The generator told me you would provide me with my list of spells that I can choose from. Let me know what you think KNtoran.

Name-Bane
Class Cleric/lvl/1
Race Elf
Religion Erythnul
HP-10

Str-17
Dex-16
Const-8
Int-11
Wis-18
Charisma-16

Fort-1
Ref-3
WIll-6
Init-3
Melee-3
Ranged-3

AC-19

Skills:

bluff 1 + 3 = 4
climb 1 + 3 = 4
heal 1 + 4 = 5
knowledge religion 1 + 0 = 1
listen 2 + 4 = 6
search 2 + 0 = 2
spot 2 + 4 = 6
survival 1 + 4 = 5
Immune to sleep

Equipment:

Mace, heavy 1d8 (1)
Scale Mail +4 (1)
Shield, large, steel +2 (1)
Gauntlet, locked (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Flint/steel (1)
Rations 1lb (5)
Tent 20lb (1)
Alchemist's fire 1lb (1)
Healer's kit 1lb (1)
Holy Symbol, silver 1lb (1)
Guard dog (1)

Feats/Specials:

armor proficiency light
armor proficiency medium
armor proficiency heavy
shield proficiency
simple weapon proficiency
toughness
Turn undead

Languages:

Common
Elven

Sponsored Links:
22nd Dec, 2009 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

I may be speaking out of line here but your ac seems way off. Some of your skills will take hits for wearing scale mail as well. That is what I see at a glance.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2009 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

This is how I came up with my AC, let me know if I did it wrong.

Natural AC in 3.5=10
Dex bonus=3
Scale mail=4
large steel sheild=2

The only thing that might be off is the dex bonus. I don't know what the armor lowers it to but I have the profeciencies so it shouldn't be by too much. Anyway if I screwed up let mo know. Thanks for the heads up Oliron.

As far as skills taking hit, I of the the ones I listed the only one that should I have presented which should be affected is climb. And again I think the profiencies take care of that for me. Anyway just let me kow where I went wrong and I'll fix it.

22nd Dec, 2009 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Armour Profiencies, allow you to wear armour effectually, but armour still give negatives to dexterity and climbing. Check the Player's Handbook icon near your avatar icon.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Dec, 2009 - 10:21pm

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2009 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

I just looked it up and this is how it apears to me.
Scale Mail allows a maximum dex bonus of three, meaning if I had a dex bonus of four or even five then the armor would affect my dexterity modifier in relation to my AC, however since my dex bonus is in fact 3 I receive no penalty to my dex bonus concerning my AC. So I'm still fairly confident that I added it up correctly before. Not to worry though, if I messed something up I'm sure the GM will correct me in short order.

22nd Dec, 2009 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

BadByrd it is time for you grand entrance in the Party Thread, everyone is waiting for you to post.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Dec, 2009 - 8:24am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 9

I do agree, while I also thought the 19 was way too high, his math does indeed seem to be on the money, though I usually represent mine as with and without shield so it would be 19/17 but that's just my personal notation.

It does seem as though an enemy needs at least a 17 on a D20 to hit him, assuming he isn't surprised or caught flat-footed. That's pretty impressive but as noted, your movement will be low, like most of the people in this party already, wearing anything heavier than leather, basically. That was part of my problem, I picked my race and/or class first, THEN rolled the dice - if I'd rolled first, as some people do, I could have more easily picked a fitting character concept and class, etc. This will be basically the only true "Thief/Rogue" type I have played in a D&D game, or most any, as I just never have been all that interested in them, but I can see the appeal to some degree.

23rd Dec, 2009 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

Wow, scale mail still grants a +3 to dex, ok. I apologize, I imagined scale mail being much more cumbersome in my head. I think I might need to pick up some scale mail for Oliron possibly. smile.gif

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.