Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 81 of 112

Ok, I did it wrong sorry, I'll try - Page 81 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jul, 2017 - 7:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

02nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 112 pgs.  77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2017 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 81

Couple things:

-Technically a barbarian cannot be of a lawful alignment. If you really want to play a lawful good character concerned with justice, might I suggest a paladin?
-The Dungeon Master is going to want you to roll your ability scores in here. The die roller is below where you input text for the post. Roll 4 d6s 6 times, adding the best three together for each line.
-It looks like whatever character Generator you used was for fourth edition, the game we're playing here, 3.5e, doesn't have healing surges. Once you have rolled for stats, try this one instead: Source 1p.

While you are at it, I'd be happy to offer build advice if you wish. 3.5e can be a bit complex.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Jul, 2017 - 2:09am

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2017 - 2:56am / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Wizard Specialized Nec...
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

The Cursed One says...

I would like some help please, that would be appreciated smile.gif And sorry about that first post, I'm new to this and I really want to not upset people (Laugh) so if you could help me out that would be great.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2017 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Don't worry, we've all been where you are. Daishain is the king of 3.5, well him and KN. They'll keep you steered straight. Don't hesitate to ask questions and don't worry, you're not going to upset anyone.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2017 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 81 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

I don't know about kings, but I'll do what I can.

To get started, roll for your ability scores in here where Kn the Dungeon Master can see. Like I said, the die rolling system is attached to where you enter in a response for this thread. Once you get the results from that, we'll have more to work with. Six rows of 4 d6 die, adding up the best 3 results on each row.

In regards to picking a race and a class, you listed a human barbarian before, and then a human fighter. Nothing wrong with those options, those classes are about as simple and straightforward as it gets, and human is a good and versatile choice. But I'd like to make sure the match between what you want to play and what the character sheet says you're playing is pretty close, so I have a few questions.

-It appears that you want your main role to be that of a melee fighter. Do you see him charging in with reckless abandon, swinging an axe most would have trouble even lifting? Perhaps he is the heavily armored knight, letting blows glance off his armor as he returns the favor? Or perhaps you're looking for a more skillful approach, with someone who dances around the previous two in order to find a weakness? Some other combination or variant on those?
-While considering that, there is something else to keep in mind. Do you want your character to be able to supplement his martial ability with anything extra? Perhaps divine might to lend aid to his foes and succor for his allies. Might be able to blend spells or psionic powers into his fighting. Or perhaps just a mental discipline, to boost his fighting prowess beyond normal limits. Bear in mind, we are speaking of a game where it is entirely possible to play a guy who morphs his arms into those of a dragon before clawing his way through the opposition, so feel free to ask about weird stuff.
-Finally, what do you see your character doing off of the battlefield? As a martial focused character, you probably won't have the skillpoint totals that others can boast, but you'll still have a chance to do more than stand around and grunt while in between fights. The party could use a face for instance, your prospective companions are all pretty bad at talking to other people.

A list of party members, in case you want to come in with something in a unique role:
-My own character Bastion is a Warforged(Think magical robot) Warblade (Advanced fighter type that uses intelligence and special manuevers), currently working with a shield and axe, but planning on shifting to a large two handed sword as soon as the enchanter is done messing with it.
-Ildrahil is a Rogue/Fighter. He's our scout and generally works with Bastion to bring down enemies in melee
-Avan and Albrecht are druids, nature mages. They're pretty versatile, but in general bring extra paws to the field.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Jul, 2017 - 4:27am

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2017 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Yes Roll your ability scores on the dice roller roll 4d6 and take away lowest to get your ability scores. While you do start out at max hit points at first level I do not see how you can start out with 30 hit points when a barbarian is a d12. You will roll random heath and weight as well as hair color and eye color. So roll 2 100s. A d12 and a d20. This will get you started.

28th Jul, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

The Cursed One says...

Thank you for the help smile.gif

I can only Do five rows of dice rolls however, so I will have to give the last one after I am allowed to reply once more.

I appreciate the help. I'm not sure.

Reconcile Edited: Overseer on 28th Jul, 2017 - 7:35pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2017 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 81

Do not use the box right below to make your rolls. Click where it says add reply above the box and you will have 18 rolls you can do that will allow you to make all your rolls.

28th Jul, 2017 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 81

The Cursed One says...

Ok, I did it wrong sorry, I'll try to do it properly this time. Sorry about that. So, when I click add reply, the dice rolls are above the box where I write text?

Reconcile Edited: Overseer on 28th Jul, 2017 - 8:04pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.