Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 88 of 112

You will need to list your equipment if you - Page 88 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jul, 2017 - 6:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 112 pgs.  84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
29th Jul, 2017 - 2:40am / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Wizard Specialized Nec...
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 88

The Cursed One says...

Ok, so I what are the differences between sun and grey elf? I want max Intelligence possible please, If I have to sacrifice some stuff I may be willing to.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

They're mostly identical save for the stat changes
Grey Elf: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution.
Sun Elf: +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution.

Sun elf also gets 1 extra point added to saves against enchantments.

I'd give the edge to the Grey Elf personally, that Dexterity bonus is tempting, though it would drop your strength particularly low.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Jul, 2017 - 2:46am

29th Jul, 2017 - 2:48am / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Cursed One says...

I'm not really going to be using melee as a wizard however, If I'm reduced to doing melee then I'm done for anyway (Laugh) so I think I'm better off being a grey elf.

I have to go for now, see you later smile.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Overseer on 29th Jul, 2017 - 2:48am

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 88 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Right then, final stats, assuming you go for the more balanced choice between Dexterity and Con

Strength 5 (-3)
Dexterity 17/19 (+3)
Constitution 15/13 (+2)
Intelligence 19 (+4)
Wisdom 15 (+2)
Charisma 8 (-1)

The numbers in parenthesis are your ability modifiers, they're generated by the scores, and are what get added to various bonuses and skills.

First things we can figure out, your AC without any kind of armor, your HP, and the number of skill points you have to spend. Those numbers are 13, 6, and 24 respectively.

You also have Saving throw modifiers of 3 Reflex (Used to defend against area damage spells like fireball and traps), 2 Fortitude (Used against things like poison or being turned to stone), and 4 Will (Used against most other kinds of spells, especially mind affecting ones). As you level up, you'll get very good at will saves, but be a little weak in the other two.

You may also choose one feat by default. You can purchase up to two additional feats by trading them in for Flaws. Warning, flaws hurt you more than their counterpart feats benefit you. Immediate suggestion: Spellcasting Prodigy feat, lets you treat your Intelligence as being 2 higher for the purpose of bonus spells per day and the difficulty class of the things you cast.

Your default class skills are: Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (All skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wisdom), Spellcraft (Int). You can put up to 4 of your 24 skill points into any of these (This limit increases to 5 at level2, 6 at level3, and so on). You can also buy ranks in skills not on this list, but they will cost you twice as much.

29th Jul, 2017 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

The Cursed One says...

Ok, so I think I'm ready to make a choice on where I place my skills, I will also take the Spellcasting Prodigy feat as you have suggested:
Decipher Script: 4

Spellcraft: 4

Knowledge: 4

Concentration: 4 (Please let me know the modifiers for this skill, It may not be useful to me if it's constitution based)

Languages: 4

Can you suggest one more skill for my class or not, that will help me with either Intelligence or my health/dexterity? (I would rather dexterity than health).

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Once you convert your core scores to the final settings just list the final number and the bonus. Remove the 17/19 stuff. It is either a 17 or a 19 not both.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jul, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 88

The Cursed One says...

Ok, so am I finished or Is there more I have to do?
On the matter of me bumping into the group, I am ok with anything, e.g being the group's enemy or friend.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 88

You will need to list your equipment if you wish to buy anything. Plus if you are carrying a bunch of tomes and other writing you will need a trunk or chest to store it in. Makes sure to list your spells available to you as well as the ones you have prepared for the day. Also put your skills and feats in too.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.