Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 99 of 112

Ok I can now see the dice area just need to - Page 99 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Feb, 2018 - 2:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 112 pgs.  95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 99

Hmm, not seeing a way to do wing buffeting from the start. It should be possible to refluff the Stomp power, which would have a similar effect, but you'd have to switch classes entirely and lose out on the natural attacks in order to gain access to that.

I should note, from a mechanical power standpoint, if you are planning to use other weapons in combat, such as the spear and bow mentioned in your description, a lot of this effort will be going to waste, since situations where you are denied access to your weapons are fairly rare.

Okay, so we have our start. Race: Lupin (Refluffed as a Pegawolf), Class: Totemist

Lupin Race: Source 4o
Don't worry about the description at the front, you can ignore that entirely or adjust it to fit. It is the mechanical abilities listed at the bottom we're concerned with.

Totemist Class: Source 5i
The Totemist centers around emulating the abilities of magical creatures. Most importantly for our purposes, several of the soulmelds they can pick up grant natural attacks of various kinds, including claw and bite attacks. Totemist is also one of the ways I know of to gain flight, but you'd have to wait until level nine to gain it that way, which could take a long time. We should be able to get you a flight enabling item well before then. For the future, I would suggest that you either pick up 1 more level of Totemist and then multiclass into something else, or stay with Totemist for the long haul.

To actually gain the natural attacks, Claws of the Wyrm soulmeld will get you said claws. The bite will have to wait till level 2 (It won't be long), when Brass Mane can be bound to grant a bite attack. There are several other things souldmelds can do, but I'm focusing on what is needed for the concept.

For the immediate moment, the next thing you need to do is generate your starting ability scores, Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. There's not much I can do to help there, that bit's at the mercy of the dice roller.

What you need to do is:
Step1, hit the add reply button at the bottom of this page. It will take you to a page with enough RNG rows for this purpose. The quick reply box you've probably been using to post so far only comes with five rows attached, we need 6.
Step 2, set up the top row to roll 4 six sided dice. The box on the far left needs a description of some kind, Roll1 would do. 'Start#' needs to stay at 1, 'Type' needs to change to d6, 'Bonus' stays blank, and 'Amt.' goes to 4
Step 3, repeat until you have a total of six rows set up that way.
Step 4, post. It will take 31 minutes for the dice results to actually display (Its an anticheat measure)
Step 5, when you have the results, discard the lowest number from each row, and add the other 3 together.
Step 6, assign the resulting numbers to whichever abilities you think best. (Hint: For your class, Strength and Constitution should probably be your highest, with Wisdom and Dexterity being not too far behind).

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Feb, 2018 - 5:19am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

If you go half Pegasus and half wolf how would you hold a weapon with no opposable thumbs. Starting out as a lupine wolf like race that somehow ended up half Pegasus is interesting and I will allow it. But the wings for now would not allow you to fly. Over time you would learn to use them as they grow. I will look to see what traits a combo like this will give you.

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 6:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, yeah, so whatever Kn has in mind, its his call, so ignore what I said if there's a conflict.

Kn, they did specify the character was anthropomorphic. So closer to a catfolk or the lupin I suggested than a direct wolf/pegasus hybrid, and very much in possession of workable hands.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Feb, 2018 - 6:35am

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 99 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

KN you have the right idea there and I will go as that so just need to do the dice.

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Yes start with your ability scores by rolling the dice and we will see where you land from there. I have your character sheet set to editing I will be watching as you fill it in. Random roll starting funds too 5d4 times ten.

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ok I apologize if this sounds cheeky like but I have been trying to figure out the dice system for that and I honestly cannot get my head around it would it be ok if someone else who knows my stats did them because I am realm lost trying to understand it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 99

You need to figure it out for yourself at some point, because all of the rolls made for your character will be done using the same system.

Here's a visual guide I whipped up. Source 7v.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Feb, 2018 - 2:41pm

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 99

Ok I can now see the dice area just need to do the rolls right.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.