Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 105 of 112

A dagger is cheap enough (2 gp) that having - Page 105 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

02nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 112 pgs.  101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 105

That works. Okay, you still need to pick skills.

The following link has the major skills in the game: Source 5x

29 of those are class skills for a rogue (Non class skills cost more to buy ranks in) check here for the list Source 4k

You have 44 skill points to invest, and can currently buy up to 4 ranks in your class skills (Or 2 ranks in nonclass). The easy way to do this would to just pick 11 class skills and stick four points in each one. But you can get some benefit out of more skills if you spread out a bit.

The significance of this, if using a skill, say you want to hide from someone. You would roll a d20 die, and add the number of skill ranks you have in the Hide skill, along with the associated ability score (Dexterity in this case). So if you max out the Hide skill, you would be rolling 1d20+8 when making use of it, pretty good for a 1st level character.

A couple of suggestions for skills: Hide and Move Silently are pretty much essential for you. Disable Device lets you render traps safe, Open Locks will let you do exactly what it says. Spot and Listen let you notice when something else is sneaking up on you. Search lets you find any traps before they cause problems. Use Magic Device allows you to use magic items you would normally not have access to, invest in that enough, and pick up a few wands and scrolls, and you can moonlight as a Wizard or a Cleric when one is needed. (Which is fairly often given that we have neither in the party at the moment.)

I also suggest buying 1 rank each of Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge Nature, and Knowledge Religion. They're not class skills, so 1 rank will cost you 2 skill points. But those particular knowledge skills will be the ones most often used with the Knowledge Devotion feat.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Feb, 2018 - 3:21pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Make sure to list your skills and feat. If they are not listed you do not have them.

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Escape Artist, Disable Device, Hide, Climb, Open Lock, Ride, Use Magic Device, Move Silently, Spot and Listen, Search, Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge Nature, and Knowledge Religion. These are the skills I would like to use and I would like to apologize for being a bit sparse in my comments I am not the best with description but I will try to be more descriptive in future.

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:10pm

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 105 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

A good selection of skills. (Note: spot and listen are two separate skills)

But you're a little short of being able to max them all out. If you go with my suggestion of only 1 rank in each of the knowledge skills, you'll need to find 6 points to drop elsewhere. I suggest picking 3 of the other skills, designating those to get two skill points each, and everything else is maxed out.

When done deciding, make sure to list the skills, their associated ability score, how many ranks you've bought, and the total modifier on your character sheet in a manner you understand at a glance.

After that will come equipment. I suggest starting off with a Rapier (20 gp), shortsword (10gp), shortbow (30 gp), and Leather Armor (10 gp). That will leave you with 20 gp to spend on other items such as a backpack, bedroll, waterskin, etc. (20 gp is plenty for the essentials in that regard.).

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Ok I have to ask is there not a in game store I could do those transactions in and what would you recommend is best for the extra points. Skills Escape Artist 2 Disable Device Hide 1 Climb 1 Open Lock 2 Ride 1 Use Magic Device 1 Move Silently 2 Spot 1 and Listen 1 Search 1 Knowledge Arcana, 1 Knowledge Nature, 1 and Knowledge Religion 1 this is how I have the points distributed how should I distribute the remaining 30.

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:22pm

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

There are plenty of stores in game, we're just setting you up for starting equipment.

Or did you mean to ask if there was a scripted store like in a video game? If so, that's not how this works, everything is handled via narrative between you, the other players, and the Dungeon Master.

My suggestion: Escape Artist 2 Disable Device 4 Hide 4 Climb 2 Open Lock 4 Ride 2 Use Magic Device 4 Move Silently 4 Spot 4 Listen 4 Search 4 Knowledge Arcana, 1 Knowledge Nature, 1 and Knowledge Religion 1.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 105

Thank you for the input and what equipment is available to start with and should a dagger be a better start then a rapier and is weapons made from silver more expensive also to clarify I meant could I not buy my starter equipment in a store at the start.

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:48pm

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 105

A dagger is cheap enough (2 gp) that having a few on hand in addition to what I listed is not a bad idea, but a rapier is in nearly every other respect the superior weapon.

Yes, weapons made from silver are more expensive. +20 gold for light weapons, +90 for most others.

Basic equipment can be found listed here: Source 9g

Note: that website has basic rules for the game and details on nearly everything we've discussed so far, with more besides. I suggest bookmarking it, as chances are pretty decent that any questions you have can be answered there.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.