Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 106 of 112

Okay, +1 natural armor is a nice bonus, you - Page 106 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Feb, 2018 - 8:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 112 pgs.  102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 106

No need so would a couple of silver daggers and a silver rapier be ok or just a rapier within the 90gc budget and do clothes need to be bought or can they be warn already.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Generally speaking, unless the clothes are particularly fine or special in some other way, you don't need to worry about clothing yourself. I believe you're assumed to be able to maintain an outfit of up to 10 gp in value from the start without having to purchase it. Start building a wardrobe and that changes, but for now.

A Rapier is not a light weapon, as such a silver one would cost 110 gold, well beyond your budget. A silver dagger could be done for 22 gold, but you'd have to give up on one of the other items I mentioned.

I should note, Having a silver weapon for a backup is a good idea, but using a silver weapon for your main one is not. Silvering one's weapon reduces the damage it causes. The only case where it helps rather than hurts is with the occasional creature that can't be harmed with steel, but can with silver. Werewolves for instance.

You probably don't need to agonize over your starting equipment in any case. Your new teammates are likely to offer a loan for better gear shortly after you join them. Just make a good first impression.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Feb, 2018 - 6:24pm

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Thanks for the info so I cannot wait to begin the game I wonder what we will be hit with.

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 106 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Okay, you still need to get your character sheet filled out. Need to get equipment and feats up there, and I'd suggest writing down your class features like sneak attack for quick reference.

The box labeled Character Combat Info needs things like your AC, Saves, and Initiative modifier (Which is equal to your Dexterity mod by default)

Feel free to take a look at my sheet for Bastion if you need an example, he's got a lot of stuff up there you don't need to worry about, but it should give you an idea.

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

I have and I am so confused but I do have my feats up there but the health system and that is puzzling to make male out. And again why can I not by my equipment besides clothing in a town at the start?

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 25th Feb, 2018 - 7:17pm

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oh, right, I knew there was something else you needed to know.

Okay, a rogue has a d6 hit die. Its pretty low (Other classes range from d4 to d12), but that's part of why I suggested a good constitution score.

For this level only, your health will be 6+Con, for a total max HP of 8. For later levels, you will roll a 1d6, and add the result along with your Con to your previous max HP.

Edit: you can buy your stuff in a town if you really want, but its actually cheaper to do so now, since technically the group is in a high value area (The nation's capital), bumping up the price of everything by 10%.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Feb, 2018 - 7:24pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 106

Ok health is at 8 my fist do 1 point of damage + strength bonus. My bite will do 1d4 damage only. The pegasus part of you does give you a +1 natural armor that increases +1 per three levels. You do heal twice as fast as normal humanoids so instead of 1 per 8 hours rest you heal 2. Your feet are hooved like a horse and you can run faster base speed is 40 is what KN said.

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 25th Feb, 2018 - 7:30pm

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2018 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 106

Okay, +1 natural armor is a nice bonus, you can go ahead and add that in. Make sure to note down the rest somewhere.

Base speed of 40 is pretty good, most people start off with 20 or 30. What that means is when you take the Move action, you can go up to 40 feet on your turn.

Okay, so, the basics. For simple things, just describe what you want to do, and it is done. You may need to pass a check to jump a 10 foot wall, but you don't need one to jump a 2 foot obstacle.

If the Dungeon Master calls for a skill check, you'll roll a d20 and add the appropriate skill modifier.

If attacking something, you have at least 2 rolls to make. An attack roll to see if you beat the target's AC and hit him (Will be 1d20+4 for you for now). And a damage roll to see how much damage is caused (1d6 for the rapier, shortbow or shortsword, 1d4 for the dagger)

If your attack roll has a result within the critical threat range of your weapon, you score a critical hit, multiplying the damage by the listed modifier (Usually just x2, in some cases x3 or x4). Most weapons get a critical hit only when the 1d20 rolls a 20. Your rapier gets one when the 1d20 rolls an 18,19,or 20.

You're going for two weapon fighting, so can get in multiple strikes per round, although at a -2 penalty for all attacks involved. You can even add in your bite attack, at another -5 penalty to hit for just that attack.

Your full attack would then look like this: rapier 1d20+2, 1d6 (X2 crits on 18-20) dagger 1d20+2, 1d4 (X2 crits on 19-20) bite 1d20-3, 1d4 (X2 crits on 20)

And your single attack like this: rapier 1d20+4, 1d6 (X2 crits on 18-20)

Any questions about that before I move on?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.