Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 110 of 112

Ok need some clarification do I get weaker - Page 110 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Apr, 2018 - 11:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 112 pgs.  106 107 108 109 110 111 112 
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 110

Hi guys I got a friend who uses the 3.5 system can you please explain what I must fix exactly so they know what I need to do.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

There we go, we thought we lost you for a while.

Generally speaking, you have most of the needed decisions already made. Most of what you need to do is clean up your sheet so that you can find the information you need easily.

In particular:

Tell him that you need your combat critical details in the box labeled "Character Combat Info" Current/max HP, AC/TouchAC/FlatfootedAC, your initiative, BAB, melee and ranged tohit modifiers with your default weapons.

Since you're new to this, you probably want to list the stats associated with your gear. For instance, a basic Rapier deals 1d6 piercing damage, is finessable, and has a critical threat range and modifier of 18-20 x2. I'd keep it short and list it as "Rapier: 1d6 P, 18-20 x2, finesse" If you go back a few pages, I explained what all of that means

You also need to list your skills somehow that includes at least the purchased ranks and the total modifier. Barebones might look something like Spot 2, +6 If they need help remembering the details, someone might list everything out, such as Spot 2 ranks+2 elf bonus+2Wisdom= +6

For several skills and abilities, you copied all of the details onto your character sheet. That mess is just getting in your way, get rid of it. If you need a few shorthand notes, make them, if you need to look something up, look it up. You can post a hyperlink in there easily enough.

The only thing you actually need to fix in terms of what you have and don't have: You picked up two extra feats via flaws, but never actually picked the flaws to pay for them. As mentioned before, flaws penalize your character somehow. Generally speaking, you want some that won't cripple you somehow. For instance, a primarily melee combatant really shouldn't be taking Noncombatant (-2 to all melee attacks).

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Mar, 2018 - 11:27pm

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ok so I just list skills names and add the bits I am missing am I correct also I've tried using random rolls nut no one seems to tell me what I got so here we go again.

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 4th Apr, 2018 - 1:55pm

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 110 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Your random rolled flaws are as follows. Unreactive - You are slow to react to danger. Effect is that you take a -6 penalty on initiative checks.

The second one is
Frail - You are thin and weak. Effect is you subtract 1 from the number of hit points you gain each level.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

I think I have done it correctly now do I need to do anything more or is it correct.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Welp, you need to factor those flaws in. One will reduce your HP to 7 (And will reduce all HP gained from leveling up in the future by 1 as well.). The other will reduce your initiative mod to -2.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 110

Looks much better now. I will be looking to get you into the game soon. If you have any questions please feel free to post in the questions thread.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 110

Ok need some clarification do I get weaker in health till dead or do I just lose one from what I'd normally gain.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.