"We should visit the farmer and see what's new."
SA: I want a bow and some arrows. Le't visit farmer.
Let's like check out the farm quickly and get back to the town. From there we can cash in the orc heads share up the gold, buy our stuff and like get back out again. Beast feels good and healed but he begins to wonder how he can increase his intelligence. (JPatt - wha?)
"To the farmers..."
Sa: Pundit will go to the farmers with caution in case there is an orc trap there.
I want to ensure we have all the orc heads and ask the farmer if there were any orcs around while we were away.
ooc: I wan to take as many of the silver arrows as you guys will let me, thanks!
* Krusten takes a couple of arrows without asking, almost as if it is her right for slaying the orc. *
Oliron retrieves his rope and goes to Jonas. Jonas seems more than a little confused at Olirons new size (Handle Animal roll = natural 1). Joans is spooked by Oliron not recognizing him. Noticing this Oliron does not pursue his donkey, her having no rope. She keeps her distance from Oliron and is follows the party back to the farm on her own. Once Oliron has regained his normal size he comforts Jonas. Seeing she needs no rope to follow he ties the rope to her but leaves it wrapped about the donkey's pack.
Parlaying with party members
"I am ready to venture, whenever you are ready."
Then he notices that the group is about to head back into the town. And expresses with his gestures that he is ready to move along with everyone, joining the group.
Traveling with group, keeping watch
Traveling with group/AWOL/presumed missing
9. Amaruil Ethrallen
Parlaying with and joining group
"So, we check on the farmer, but... We just walked five hours, and it is still another three to town - after a battle, I'm not sure how wise it is to press on if we don't have to, into eight hours of walking. I do want to see how he's getting along here, see what else we need to do for his fence if possible if we're able to come back by and finish it for him or bring him supplies, then head back into town with the heads, divide the total money pool as appropriate to everyone's participation, meaning I think we can see our way clear to front the new members a few coins but the original group gets the main split. The same with the other weapons and items. Soon I am going to look over what we've got here, and see if I can come up with a summary of our group's total booty so far, so we have an idea of our options in town."
I view the walking as such. IF your just walking and not carrying a heavy burden you can walk about 20 miles per day. If your in a force march you can do 25 miles in a day. IF your carrying a medium burden it goes down to 15 miles. A heavy burden can reduce the walking to 10-12 miles at the most. After a heavy exsertion such as climbing, fighting or other like wise activities one will be tired much sooner. A eight hour trip would not be possible without a rest. Plus you have to take the terrain into account. Walking across a plain is easy compared to walking through a forest.
First, for reference, possibly useful skills of mine are at the right side of my post, including Appraise, Bluff, Sense Motive, etc.
1. I'm going to find the appropriate clerk or functionary to turn in these rather unpleasant orc heads and collect our gold.
2. I'm going to report the orc activity we saw, and what the farmer told us, and provide whatever other information we can, to the town council or mayor, and perhaps see if there is any news on the local orc activity nearer town.
3. I'm going to try to find someone to examine the ring, to see if it is significant, either as an antiquity or sign of nobility or rank, or bespelled, and then we need to decide what we are going to do with it, paying if need be (just tell me how much and I'll mark it off) and it seems reasonable to my character.
4. We need to check on the caravan to see its current status or if it still needs guards and what the timeframe is.
5. We need to sell these other weapons to get the money out of those.
6. We need to divide the money up between everyone.
7. We need to resupply and reoutfit.
I'll gather and post everyone else's actions in another summary post when they decide what they're doing and buying and such, but I thought I'd get a head start with this one, since this covers everything I can think of I need to do, besides also check over the equipment, and you can get a bit of a break by being able to parse these parts first while the others are deciding on their actions, and hopefully there won't be much left for you to have to do for the other players when I post their turns.
OOC: In your note about people after the camp getting 200 XP, I'm not sure if you meant this camp at the farmer's, or the only time the party actually camped, out in the woods, but I'm not sure there is anyone still in the group that we found there anyway.
I'm going ahead and posting though not everybody is posting exactly what they're doing - I assume they're buying equipment and minor stuff, so it should be okay.
1. The party sold the ring and split the 2,000gp, each person should have received a total of 355 except Namdar, who took 350 to even out the others' shares - we'd like to know what it did though.
2. Oliron bought another donkey and maybe another cart - not sure. As I said in the Questions thread, I'd like to buy a light warhorse, or equivalent, basically I just want something to ride and carry my gear, I don't care if it's actually a "warhorse", just one more sturdy than a light horse, which really can't carry as much weight.
3. We'd like to know how much we can sell things for - you bought the weapons for more than half price like it says in the book, so is there a percent everyone can sell their unwanted gear for, as your buybacks are roughly 80% of normal?
4. Oliron will spend 45gp on laborers to repair the farmers fence. Hireling, untrained - 1 sp per day, Messenger - 2 cp per mile, Road or gate toll - 1 cp ; is the rate stats. In equipment for hiring some workers to fix the fence for us.
5. Does the party need to stay the night at an inn to get a good meal and rest? I don't know what time it is or how tired everyone is, but if it would be a good idea to stay, we should do so, I'll pay for the food and lodging and animal stabling, and though I might show the free meal disc to the inn owner, to establish goodwill, I'd like to save it for a desperate need.
6. After that, the party would like to get any other info or "jobs" from the town council or anyone, that might be useful on the way to the farms to the north, because that's where we want to go next, so if possible, in your next post, set us out on the road to the troubled north farms please.
Edited: jpatt on 24th Jan, 2010 - 10:27pm
After all the resupplying and transactions are done and we've had a good night's sleep at the inn, our group wants to head out in the early morning to make sure to approach the northern troubled farms by midday, as our estimate suggested.
I'd like to ride most of the way, pace keeping with the party, just to get used to riding, on the road or trail, but to the far edge for easy movement to cover, then dismount and lead Grue a bit more inconspicuously when we estimate we're about a mile from the farms and hopefully can see them before anyone there sees us, slowly keeping closer to the hopefully concealing shade of the trees. We'd like to see if we can spy any activity.
This of course assumes we meet nothing on the way.
Active character roll call, sir:
█ 1. Namdar
▓ 2. Beast
▒ 3. Oliron
░ 4. Lionel
█ 5. Pundit
▓ 6. Krusten
▒ 7. Skedvick (last login 2 days but has 100% act/6 posts a day)
░ 8. Amaruil
- Kiele (last login 3 days, 9 posts)
- Gondrath (last login 4 days), 19 posts)
- Makonai (last login 2 days, 10 posts)
- DandDMan (last login 2 days, 3 posts)