Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 9 of 449

I believe all other actions rely on Oliron's - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Mar, 2010 - 6:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 449 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
8th Mar, 2010 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 9

Outside Group
Oliron: ooc: I am not sure what time of day it is by now but I imagine it is at least in the late afternoon.
Oliron looks at the sky. "I think we should set up our camp like we had planned." "Watch for Namdar and the others in shifts."
Oliron goes to his wagon and pulls his heavier armor out. Getting it ready to put on in the morning. All the while talking with his donkey.
*Oliron also wonders what the large Orc said*

Beast: ooc: We should like wait awhile for the others to come back and then head back. That farmer guy we met before probably knows the whole low down about this too. We just need to decide how long we're giving them and mean time stay out of sight. Plus! If they get into trouble inside they're going to come out looking for us because the guards know they left us here.

Pundit: Wait for the others to come out by sunrise tomorrow. If they don't then we should head back to that suspicious farmer.

Sponsored Links:
10th Mar, 2010 - 6:22am / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Outside Group
Oliron offers to take last watch so he might see the sun rise. He contently eats a small portion of deer knowing Beast's appetite for deer meat.
2d12: 12-7

Pundit: Roll: 12, 7 - will take any watch.

Busy chomping down on deer meat makes Beast so happy that he forgets his current mission.
ooc: I will take whatever watch you want.
Roll: 1d12: 12,6

* Krusten watches as the others feat on deer meat. She thinks of the poor creature before they killed it. *
I can watch as needed, just say when.
Rolls: (12): 10,1

10th Mar, 2010 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Namdar and Leium
This felt like it was all taking much too long, to Namdar, for things to be going as well as he had hoped they would. Something just wasn't right - maybe the Duke, maybe his men, maybe... So many options, too many of which could all be correct, unfortunately. It was unlikely that Lionel or Ryorst were in immediate danger inside, though poison was not an unheard of way to rid a noble of his enemies; but the half-orc put that aside and considered his avenues of pursuit.

Having finished getting a good assessment of the main guards and gate, and some suitable escape/entry routes, he wobbles around and maintains a watch of the doors, main and side, prepared to follow anyone that struck him as particularly important or "curious" leaving the palace, aiming to shadow them, as a peasant. If no such sign is apparent, he will adopt his other disguise, that of royal tracker (which I also have written up if needed).

Namdar fidgets from foot to foot, watching the people go in and out of the Duke's. If a typical shadowing to follow someone in, unnoticed isn't possible, he is pretty certain he can use his other set of clothes to make a much more visible but still accepted entrance, to see on the status of Prince Lionel and Ryorst. He wishes he were with the others, lying in the grass up on the hill, enjoying the lazy day, or even with Lionel inside, lounging on overstuffed divans and eating succulent grapes as doe-eyed maidens plucked them from the vince... At least that's how he imagined things were inside the Duke's, pretty much just like home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leium having wandered around the keep for days spots who he thinks is Namdar. The description from the townsfolk and the fact he is one of the few Half-Orcs he has seen help Leium spot him. From the talk he has heard he is the man to see in these parts for adventure. Leium quietly slips next to him and introduces himself wishing to join his party.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The half-orc had the distinct suspicion of being watched. He maneuvered over toward an isolated area, and was followed by the newcomer. "Am I that obvious to be a seeker of excitement, stranger?" he asked, only partly sincerely. "Let us hope the others around here are less perceptive than yourself." He wondered to himself just how subtle he WAS. Well, nonetheless, an extra pair of eyes, even brash ones, could be useful, though this newcomer had no idea what was going on, and it would be too obvious for Namdar to take him aside and lay out the whole situation.

"I'm waiting for something. Friends inside, hopefully coming out, but it may be the night, unfortunately, so if you're part of this party, might as well get comfortable somewhere."

Namdar skirts the Duke's palace, examining the windows and stone ornamentation which could provide hand and footholds if he scaled the wall in the darkness. He strongly considered where his friends might be, upstairs, downstairs, an outer room, inner... Could he scale the palace, is there a window...

Lionel and Rentok
"I understand", Lionel says to the Duke's words on the King. When the Duke arise, and steps over Lionel to ask him to dinner, Lionel says, "I would be greatly please to dine with you". He smiles and asks, "Would it be possible though for me to first send word to those waiting outside, maybe even call in my adviser Namdar. You see I have many outside that have waiting for me for a while. I would like to put any worries they may have to rest, as I promised to meet them or send word by night fall."
Lionel then after a moment's pause ask, "It it possible for me to later meet with thee alone, I have more I would like to say, but wish for it to be for your ears only".
ooc: Namdar and Leium, I will place your posts in the Party Leader Thread as soon as I get a post from Rentok. Is that okay? Also I rolled for 1d20 Charisma and got a perfect roll: 24. Also a 1d 20 for Wisdom and got a 16, both count modifiers.
Ryorst mulled the idea over in his head, then thought of something. While they had their meeting, which he would have to be excluded from, perhaps he could talk with the leader of the Duke's men, in the guise of wanting to see the defenses, and learn something from him. It was still possible the Duke was responsible, and if anyone knew it who might admit it, it would be the person in charge of the soldiers and guards.

12th Mar, 2010 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Outside Group
* Krusten notices the hooded figure walking his horse and immediately turns to Oliron and wakes him up *

Can your donkey keep up with him?

ooc: We should be able to catch up since from the moment he came out of the gate I would of been trailing him before he actually started south

Beast dreams of his deer meat. He sees himself running a deer farm.

Oliron wakes up shocked to see Krusten leaning over him. His initial frustration at being woken turns to shock, he thought Krusten did not even like him. Then hearing her words Oliron frowns. Oliron looks over to where Krusten has pointed squinting, rubbing his eyes, and thinks he can vaguely see a figure. Either that or an eye bugger.

"Jonas would never be able to keep pace with a horse." Oliron looks back to Krusten and her petite body.

"She would be able to carry you at a trot but still would never keep pace."

Oliron wonders, *Why the sudden interest in this hooded figure and immediate need to follow it.*

Not wanting to discount Krusten, Oliron springs into action.
"Perhaps we can still catch him before he mounts." Oliron snatches up his bow and arrows and begins to sprint towards the figure.

If the figure begins to mount or tries to flee because he or she can hear Oliron coming, Oliron will shout, "Sir please I need your help!" "PLEASE HELP ME!"

13th Mar, 2010 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Outside Group
* Krusten thinks to herself how slow males are when things that are very important are thrown in front of them. Knowing that this male is human makes her more squirmish of having to actually touch his greasy skin. *

Yes, him over there, follow him quickly...

* Watching the human mount a donkey and follow is definitely a site for her to see, she can't help but break a grin. *
* Krusten looks at the movements of the rider and how he approaches Oliron. She remains hidden in the woods and notches two arrow, should anything funny play out she knows when to fire them.

She then thinks to herself... *

I hope the human does not stutter or say something silly

SA: Quiet in woods with arrows ready.
Rolls: 2d20: (modifier included) 20,7
1d6: 6,4

-------

Beast is angry that he is being awaken from his deer dreams but after he gets what's going on he keeps quiet and put himself in a position to attack if he needs to.

-------

Pundit finds the reaction strange unless he may expecting to be hailed out. Maybe he thinks he is getting a message from the orcs and we should give him one. Pundit says to Oliron,

"Tell him we have a half-orc with a message and at that point Beast can show his face but say nothing. Instead you speak on his behalf saying that you found that this half-orc was stealing treasure and wanted him disciplined."

--------

Oliron also finds it strange this lone hooded traveler would be heading towards the farmer's house they had just come from.

"I believe I have message for you." Oliron looks over his shoulder towards Beast.

"The leader needs to speak with you about the plan, there have been complications." Oliron waits to see the figures reaction staring at a tree behind him.

13th Mar, 2010 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

Before evening draws to a close, Namdar, in his peasant garb, will wander slowly out of the courtyard and disappear around a corner, only to reappear around another, this time dressed in the finery of a royal or at least noble attendant, though in the style of the Sumite culture. He strides in purposefully, seeming to ignore anyone that doesn't look like proper authority. With a quiet, even tone, he says simply, "Prince Lionel Cortez, visiting his grace the Duke, instructed me, his royal advisor, to inquire as to his needs or further directions, at about this time, so I would ask someone please be sent to relay this, or I be allowed permission to speak with my prince personally, as his majesty has a schedule to keep to.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryorst steps back and awaits the conclusion of the meeting. Thereafter to follow Lionel until they join the Duke for dinner.

"Thank you, I am sure they would most appreciate the keg. Ryorst", Lionel says with a clap of his hand and taking out a pen and paper, "I would like you to send this message to those outside, try to be back be dinner, okay. Also, if you see my adviser Namdar could you send him to me", Lionel asks, giving Ryorst the note, though not much was on it as Ryorst was there at the meeting, but it does say, "I will most likely be staying behind, at least for a few more days, I feel there is more I can learn here, and I have also not decided if the Duke is being honest and is a good ruler or is possibly being influenced by someone else". Lionel then looks toward the woman in the throne room that has said nothing, he asks, "My Lady, I was wondering, could you be so kind as to tell me you name. Also as to what your relationship with the Duke is. You see I have been wondering this for a while, and cannot hold my curiosity back any longer".
ooc: Ryorst meet up with Namdar, and then see if you can meet up with the rest of the group, and get your character back by dinner, or at least around for the private meeting.
For the unknown lovely lady, I roll a 1d20 for charisma and wisdom, and get 19 with modifier for charisma, and 16 with modifier for wisdom.

Ryorst takes the note and bows. "By your leave", He turns to go into the hallway again, to find Namdar and deliver the note outside.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Mar, 2010 - 10:51pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Mar, 2010 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 9

Lionel shows himself to ponder deeply and is quite for a few moments, thinking on what he has heard, and what he has been told, and also glances toward Natasha with interest a smile playing on his lips.
ooc: I use Lionel's charm, and having him show interest in Natasha's story. Also I rolled Lionel's night 1d100, and got 67.

"I"ll meet you both at dinner", Lionel tells both the Duke and Natasha simply"¦ but after moment of pause, Lionel turns more fully towards Natasha. He walks towards her, gives an elegant bow, and briefly kisses Natasha hand. He asks, looking into her eyes, "May I by chance learn your story in more detail, Lady Natasha, later tonight", giving her one of his warm smiles.
ooc: I"m going to try and gain more details from the Duke, and now also Natasha. I roll for Charisma; 20, Wisdom; 23, and Intelligence 16.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Mar, 2010 - 12:04am

17th Mar, 2010 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

I believe all other actions rely on Oliron's bluff first. If it is not heeded, everything else likely occurs.

1. Oliron - "Sir, remove your hood or be shot down. I am not your orc friend and have twenty bows trained on you at this moment." Oliron says to the hooded man.

Roll Bluff (cha.) 2d20: first roll natural 20, second roll 2 - without penalties

2. Beast - SA: Any hint of the hooded man attacking and I'm jumping out there.

Rolls (with modifier): 1d20: 11,13

3. Ryorst - Depending on the distance between Ryorst and the horseman, he will either throw the keg, or roll it at the horse, and then move towards the man, drawing his flail and screaming.

ROLLS: No mods applied
2d20: 20, 15
2d12: 10, 4
2d8: 5, 1
2d6: 6, 4

I'm not sure, but that looks suspiciously like a critical hit with a keg of ale. Maybe not though.

4. Pundit - waits nearby if needed (didn't specify any action in last post)

5. Krusten - waits nearby if needed (didn't specify any action in last post)

6. Lionel - schmoozing with Lady Natasha to get info from/about Duke and Natasha (already posted by ThomasLee)

7. Namdar - again, IF Oliron's bluff doesn't take:

Ryorst and I guess the others provide a distraction, as Namdar tries to sneak up and find a way to unseat the rider from his horse, preferably without having to wrestle him off of it, though I'm quite willing to do that if necessary, given Namdar's assumed larger-than-usual size.

My first idea is to run out all of a sudden, yelling and banging scimitar against buckler, to spook the horse, then grabbing the reins or bit and bridle and jerking them harshly, hopefully causing the horse to rear up and buck off its surprised rider, yelling at the others to surround the guy.

If necessary, I'd also like to use my Jump, Climb and such skills to help make a good enough leap to tackle the rider off, if he doesn't go off as I hope to begin with. I will then proceed to use my social Bluff, Acting, Intimidate, Sense Motive, etc to make him stay where he is, answer questions and remove his hood, or remove it for him if he still refuses.

ROLLS (2 per die, not modified):
D6: 2, 1
D8: 4, 2
D12: 6, 5
D20: 13, 7

8. Skedvick - not sure. Have him also be ready if needed, but an idea has been started about leaving him at the Duke's to be an information source...?

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 17th Mar, 2010 - 7:01am

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.