Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 10 of 449

Provokastora: (casts detect magic including - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Mar, 2010 - 5:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 449 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
19th Mar, 2010 - 7:28am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 10

I don't think we're going to chase an experienced presumed wizard on a galloping horse.

1. Namdar
GM: Not sure precisely what dice need rolled, but I'll roll 2D6 (4,4), 2D12 (1,1) and 2D20 (13,19). Man I hope those are good rolls. Assuming he's not DOA, Namdar will try to recover and help others recover.

2. Pundit rolled a 9 on D20 for lightning dodge.

3. Ryorst rolled also, no mods applied.
2d20: 20, 15
2d12: 10, 4
2d8: 5, 1
2d6: 6, 4

4. Lionel asks the Duke, "Could you tell me where the dining hall is, and might I also ask, could I travel the keep a bit".

5. Krusten is ready to shoot the figure in the back with her arrows or head off south after the figure, but that doesn't seem like the best plan at the moment, since she didn't post that was what she was doing, so let's wait and see what happens.

6-9. Oliron, Skedvick, Pundit, Beast, all recovering from also avoiding the blast.

Right now I think that's it - we need to decide what to do about Lionel and the situation with the Duke so I'll post for it when we come up with something for that.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2010 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

international QUOTE
3. Ryorst rolled also, no mods applied.

Was he using a bow or what?

Those who were in the tree line rolled against Reflex. The save determined if they took damage or not. IF they failed their Reflex roll the take 4 points damage.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 19th Mar, 2010 - 6:29pm

19th Mar, 2010 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

It was for a keg of wine, (yes the one the Duke gave Ryorst), sadly it will not be used.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2010 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

So Ryorst threw the keg of ale at the hooded figure? IS this a action the party wants to continue?

20th Mar, 2010 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Well, he DID say that's what he was doing, but it happened at the same time as the lightning bolt, so I'm not sure how you want to handle it - it really wasn't "the party's" decision to make, any more than any other player post is, in my opinion, and at the time, no one objected, because we were trying to unseat the guy. It was my fault for not posting that was his specific action, I don't know how I missed it.

This was Ryorst's post when we were attacking the Horseman.

international QUOTE
Depending on the distance between Ryorst and the horseman, he will either throw the keg, or roll it at the horse, and then move towards the man, drawing his flail and screaming.

(
OOC: No mods applied
2d12: 10, 4
2d8: 5, 1
2d6: 6, 4

I'm not sure, but that looks suspiciously like a critical hit with a keg of ale. Maybe not though.
)

By the way, Namdar took 4 damage. Ow.

23rd Mar, 2010 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Note: Is anyone able to do an actual 'charge', or 'bull rush' or whatever? I guess anyone that can, will, if you deem it appropriate, KN.

1. Namdar
The half-orc charges and leaps toward the figure, basically aiming to do whatever he can to take him down off his horse to the ground, be it a tackle, grapple, shield bash or pommel strike. (OOC: go with whatever non-lethal attack allows me the best chance to hit the guy and get him off the horse)
ROLLS (unadjusted):
D6: 3, 6
D12: 11, 8
D20: 19 (woohoo!), 11

2. Oliron
He draws his bow and notches an arrow. Then, remembering the hooded figures words, fires on him.
2d20 = 10, 22 with mods.
2d6 = 1, 3

3. Krusten
She remains hidden in the woods, if possible, arrows notched. If the figure recovers and seems to be a threat again, she'll fire her two arrows. "Should anything funny play out she knows when to fire them."
SA: Quiet in woods with arrows ready.
Rolls:
2d20: (modifier included) 20, 7
1d6: 6, 4

4. Beast
SA: I will attack but not like for blood just to subdue him so he can talk.
Rolls: (my rolls always have modifiers)
1d20: 19,20
1d12: 10,8

5. Ryorst
Ryorst runs in and swings his flail at the man, trying not to kill him.
1d20: 13 (+6) (-4 For Nonlethal) = 15
1d10: 9 (+5) = 14

6. Skedvick
I'd like him to fire both his arrows as Called Shots at the figure's active hand, holding the reins or whatever, if possible - I've seen suggestions that you could either apply a "Ranged Disarm" penalty of -4, or that you double the Critical Hit range to get the desired result, but give penalties, etc. Not sure how you want to do it, if at all. Basically wanting to make sure the guy can't spur the horse into a trot (or throw lightning bolts), if unable to dismount him, but without lethal force. Maybe it takes one of the bow shot actions to Aim instead, and only one arrow is fired? I don't know.
ROLLS (unadjusted):
D6: 3, 3
D12: 10, 12
D20: 17, 20 (Nat - woo!)

7. Pundit
Pundit is holding his action for now, until everyone else has gone, to see if he needs to use healing or cast a different spell, etc. He will heal the most badly in need first.
Rolls (if needed):
1d20: 8, 18

8. Lionel
This exchange doesn't involve him so... I guess he's doing whatever he was?

Lastly, this is beyond me, KN.

9. Provokastora
His eyes stare to the hooded figure his stare being so intense that could knock you down.(Ready action to cast hypnotize as interrupt if the hooded figure turns to the group to cast a spell
initiative roll: 11 +1 = 12 with modifiers
spell DC 14 +1 -2 for being cast in combat= 13
the number of round that it will last will be 4).
OCC: if he gets the chance to cast the spell he will disguise it as a conversation saying:
"My good sir is certainly not polite to stroll around with your head covered behind a hood. This makes people suspicious.You are both outnumbered and outclassed so for your safety surrender (suggestion) we are all reasonable people and you can trust us"
He will not cast the spell if attacks of opportunity occur. If the other wizard decides to cast a spell I guess he probably take a full round action to avoid attacks of opportunity, that places his action at the end of the round after everyone else had played so my character can cast the spell then, giving the chance to the rest of the group to stop attacking and not interrupt the spell.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Mar, 2010 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 10

Okay, this is confusing to me so please forgive me as I try to make sense of it and keep it straight - I think this may in fact be two full turns... Also, if the party stays split for a while, who do you want to post, and where? Me, Thomas, same thread, new one?

1. Provokastora
SA: Sniffing around again for the smell of gunpowder trying to see what caused the smoke that aided the hooded figure in disappearing. (alchemy check and spell craft roll to see what happened alchemy at 26 spell craft at 19, modifiers added). he tries to examine the object (or whats left of it) without turning to it as not to draw the attention of the group.
>>
(OCC: I hope he did not cast invisibility to prepare for another round of thunderbolts If he did the difficulty for recognizing the spell will be 22, 17 base +5 for not seeing the gestures as opposed to my roll of 19 so I wont know
>>
And there used to be a nice skill named scrying in the Players handbook could not find it in the generator has it been removed?)

2. Lionel
Lionel bows and moves to leave, he stops to ask a servant where the dining hall is, so he may make sure to be there on time. He decides to travel the keep a bit, hoping to find something of interest.
PA: Searches for anything of importance/interest/out of place in keep, Wisdom: 17 with modifier. When it comes time he will meet in the dining hall.

3. Ryorst
"If it's a familiar, I think it would either have run away, or attacked us by now. Chances are it's just one of the Duke's horses, but I don't think he'd appreciate us attacking his... Adviser. So we might as well take it. If it IS dangerous, well, it's just a horse, I think I can survive a kick from a horse."
SA: Ryorst will attempt to calm down the horse if it gets spooked or some such thing, and will try to search any bags or pouches that he finds.
2d20: 8, 11
2d12: 3, 8
2d8: 2, 4
2d6: 5, 4
No mods applied.

4. Beast says:
"Don't touch that horse! He might be the familiar of whatever that was that vanished. We need to leave here and get bacj to the farm".
SA: Beast checks for any dead deer from the lightning and if not he like starts following the road back to the farm we last left.

5. Krusten
"Who here can decipher if this animal is a familiar? "

6. Pundit
Pundits silently says "thanks..." noticing his prayers were finally answered. "Good thought!" he says to Beast about the familiar. He then looks around wondering why the guards from the keep have not reacted to all this noise.

7. Oliron
I have dropped my weapon to be able to use my bow so quickly.

8. Skedvick
Keeps watch on Duke's place and area around party while they reorganize.
2 1D20 just in case: 18, 18

9. Namdar
Namdar stumbles to a confused, floundering halt before almost slamming into the horse as the figure disappears in a flash. What had the mage dropped, and why? Did he fall onto it, was it an object? Was it a spell, did he use some sort of mystical portal to escape?
>>
SA: Get the horse out of sight. Return to the Duke's in the guise of royal attendant and inform Lionel of developments and tell him what we're doing, he can either come back, if he has his information by then, or stay, as he chooses.

PARTY's SA:

10. Namdar will lead south, with Oliron, Krusten, Pundit and Beast, and our new traveling companion, Provokastora. We'll take the advisor's horse.

11. Lionel will stay and schmooze with the Duke, his daughter, etc. Either he or I will post his next SA I guess?

12. Ryorst and Skedvick will stay there with Lionel, and so will my horse Grue, in case he's needed.

29th Mar, 2010 - 5:51am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

Provokastora: (casts detect magic including the saddle in the area of effect) Also he is tired from his long journey and would like some rest before going if he is to be able to use his magic to their best interests. (if given the opportunity to shop he picks a sling 20 bullets, a dagger and 2 acid flasks total of 25 gp 25 left) If he gets a chance to memorize new spells he memorizes cantrips:
light, detect magic , Ventriloquism, mage hand.
level 1:
Hypnotism, Chill touch (if you intent to go on with allowing 5 spells/day then I get mage armor and hypnotism 1 more time or magic weapon, if I am allowed to pick 6 spells instead of 4 at level 1, the 2 extra spells being magic weapon and minor image)

Beast: SA: Beast checks for any dead deer from the lightning and if not he like starts following the road back to the farm we last left
Beast keeps walking south and wonders why the others aren't coming as well.

Krusten: * Krusten looks on at the testerone filled bodies and simply says *
Back to the farm.
SA: Starts walking back towards the farm we came from.
* Krusten looks at everyone rummaging through the items around the horse. If no one wants the horse I will surely take him she thinks to herself.

Pundit: "Let's go, it takes two days to get there!"
SA: Already walking back to the farm.

Namdar: "South it is, back to the farm, and I'll be leading, with Oliron, Krusten, Pundit and Beast, and our new traveling companion, Provokastora. We'll take the advisor's horse.
Namdar disappears down the hill to the Duke's to speak briefly with Lionel, Skedvick and Ryorst, then will return and lead the group south.
VOTES:
South:
(1) Namdar (due to party direction, but votes for north)
2 Krusten
(3) Oliron (due to party direction, but votes for north)
4 Pundit
5 Beast
Duke or North:
1 Lionel
2 Ryorst
(3) Skedvick will stay to guard Lionel
Unspoken:
1 Provokastora

Oliron: Oliron hops onto the back of his cart and begins to don on his armor. He lets Jonas coast south down the road and grabs some mutch needed sleep.

Rissa: Rissa shrugs her shoulders brushing off the tension between herself and the other female elf and hurriedly heads south to catch up with the others, running as fast as her nimble elven legs will carry her.

Rather off topic, but...
Just posting this because I think Namdar and everyone has made it pretty clear we are heading south. I tried to find any other actions that may be taking place that the GM will need to know.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.