Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 2 of 449

Party order as follows: PURSUIT GROUP: Namdar - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 10:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
21st Nov, 2009 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 2

Sorry for trying to post in Party Leader Form, it was by mistake.
Someone please post on party thread or I wont be able to continue anytime soon.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 21st Nov, 2009 - 5:53pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2009 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Story has been updated. See the story line for the answers given by the farmer.

21st Nov, 2009 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The group will take a break from their travels, check around the immediate area for threats, paths, anything of interest, and fix up the farmer's fence, venturing out from it a bit further along a well-established safe path and area, but returning to it and having it as a fallback position if necessary.

25th Nov, 2009 - 6:33am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I'm not sure but I think Elves and maybe Half Elves get some sort of Keen Vision advantage bonus or something? Or maybe it's just Infravision. And I think you add Skill Levels in too don't you, if applicable?

Not everyone has rolled, but unless you need all, here are the rolls we have:

That's weird, I also rolled a 6 with this one at the top of the page - awful lot of sixes being rolled. Anyway, I got a 6, but I also have Search 3 and Spot 2, but with no Attribute Bonuses (Int or Con) unless you use Wis and then I have +1. So if you just flat add Search or Spot levels to the roll, I got a 8 or 9.

Namdar (me): 6 (8/9?)
Pundit (*): 6
Beast (PbP): 5
Krusten (*): 4
Skedvick (Krakyn): no roll (3 if you accept a proxy roll from me for him)
Lionel: 6 (Thomaslee)
Jenrek (Pacozon): no roll

Again, I'm not sure about the modifiers for everyone else besides me but with all the sixes, I can't imagine at least someone not making it.[I]

Anyway, the perception check notwithstanding, the general long-term plan is to work at least a few days on the fence and see how things are going, and possibly leave the remainder of the fence quickly patched instead of finished if necessary, and tell the farmer this, but we'll be happy to come back and finish it to repay his kindness.

26th Nov, 2009 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar says to the party as he steps onto the trail following the retreating orcs: "We must act NOW. Skedvick and I in front, everyone else group up securely about 30 feet back, move out!"

The party (unless someone wants to stay behind with the farmer) will, if there is little time since the orc's departure, attempt to pursue/shadow them, unseen if possible (but blatantly and faster if detected), to discover where they're going and its level of activity, but also to eliminate the scouts before they reach their destination so ideally we will have been lead to an encampment or other orc gathering we can report back about, but stop them from making their report and keeping the bodies/prisoners hidden, and be able to keep the area under observation and formulate a plan more confidently.

If the game is suspended for a few days for the holiday, I will check and see if anybody posts that they are staying with the farmer or wanting to do something else, and I'll post a followup to this before you make another result post - but otherwise the above is the overall plan.

If we won't be able to even try to catch the orcs at all from where we saw them (if I'm misreading how long ago they left), then we do need to just hole up, eat and set guards.

27th Nov, 2009 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

Namdar puffs in mid-stride, mind racing to come up with a useful plan. "Skedvick and Jenrek, we're the fastest, Rangers with me!" he calls, giving chase to the fleeing orc. "The rest of you return fire or something!" And with that the three are gone, leaving the rest of the group to deal with the missile firing holdout.

* As soon as the others post in the Party Thread, I'll post back in here with their actions - I'd like them to use ranged fire but they may decide something else.

Rather off topic, but...

PARTY STATS

Race: (H)alf-(O), (Hu)man, (El)f, (H)alf-(E)lf
Class: (Ro)gue, (Cl)eric, (Fi)ghter, (So)rcerer, (Ra)nger
MAB: Melee Attack Bonus (BAB+Str Modifier)
RAB: Ranged Attack Bonus (BAB+Dex Modifier)
AC: Armor Class (10 + Dex Mod + Armor {+ Shield})
HP: Hit Points
INI: Initiative Bonus
SPD: Speed, Yards Per Turn
SB: Strength Bonus (adds damage to melee and thrown weapons)

JPatt: Namdar, HORo - MAB 3, RAB 1, AC 13, HP 6, INI 1, SPD 30, SB 2
RPGPundit: Pundit, HuCl - MAB 2, RAB 2, AC 16 (18), HP 9, INI 2, SPD 20, SB 2
PBP: Beast, HOFi - MAB 5, RAB 3, AC 16 (18), HP 13, INI 2, SPD 20, SB 4
Krusten: Krusten, ElSo - MAB 2, RAB 4, AC 15, HP 5, INI 4, SPD 30, SB 2
ThomasLee: Lionel, HuSo - MAB -1, RAB 3, AC 13, HP 5, INI 3, SPD 30, SB -1
Krakyn: Skedvick, HERa - MAB 4, RAB 3, AC 14 (15), HP 9, INI 2, SPD 30, SB 3
Pocozon: Jenrek, ElRa - MAB 2, RAB 3, AC 14 (15), HP 10, INI 2, SPD 30, SB 1

PS: I'm pretty sure Jenrek should only have a BAB of 1 (which is reflected above), and some of my stats were wrong too, also fixed above.

PPS: The orc got 2 bowshots at us in the same turn?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Dec, 2009 - 7:48am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 2

PURSUIT GROUP: ACTION - D12 ROLL
Namdar: Chase - 9
Skedvick: Chase - 8
Jenrek: Chase - no roll (11 if you count my proxy roll for him - MIA?)

MELEE GROUP: ACTION - D20 ROLL
Krusten: Spell, Acid Splash - 12
Lionel: Spell, Summon Monster: 4 Fiendish Hawks metamagic - 11
Beast: Combat, Melee Charge - 5
Pundit: Combat, I presume (not sure how) - 13
Oliron [AC 15/17]: Combat, Melee Charge: Bastard Sword - 6

Krusten and Lionel are casting spells from safer positions, further back behind the melee fighters and in cover behind trees/rocks etc. If possible.

Oliron and Beast are apparently directly melee charging the orc that is armed with a two-shot per round bow, to catch him without a ready melee weapon... I think? They are waiting for the sorcerers' spells first so they don't get hit, then rush the orc while he's recovering. Pundit is the only one who hasn't posted a follow-up yet so I'm going to proxy-decide for him that he's going to stay where he is (with cover I mean), melee weapon ready, he and the sorcerers able to look out for each other in their position.

3rd Dec, 2009 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

Party order as follows:

PURSUIT GROUP:
Namdar and Skedvick have melee weapons but wait to see if the orc surrenders, and if he does not, hopefully knock him out and restrain him, with help from Jenrek.

If he does surrender, also restrain him. I rolled a 7 on D20 just in case we need another, Skedvick rolled 1D20 (15), in case the orc doesn't surrender.

MELEE GROUP:
Lionel and Krusten may recover from their casting or whatever else they want to do (rememorizing spells, etc.), with Pundit close by to help watch for any other activity, since the orc is engaged in melee combat now. Oliron and Beast rush the now-armed orc. Oliron presumably still has a roll of 6 (want to roll again and post it just in case GM needs a second roll?), and Beast has a 10 (including his +4 mod). Seems this orc is to be killed, at least by Oliron.

We want to interrogate him and find out where the nearest orcs are and their patrol(s), timing, location of the orc stronghold, where and who he was reporting to... We'll make our way back to the others.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (449) »

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.