Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 16 of 590

Namdar facepalms briefly, then joins the conversation. - Page 16 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Nov, 2009 - 4:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
19th Nov, 2009 - 12:35am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 16

Born Free says...

Interesting that we have just the two options, why can't we just go where we choose?

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2009 - 6:05am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"I agree the road in orc-infested lands is not the place to be for long. Let us aside, good folk." whispers Namdar, waving crisply behind him and stepping slowly off the road and into the brush, carefully winding his way into a fairly clear path parallel with the road, and motioning the others to do the same.

"It will be slower going, but we will have cover of foliage and trees, as long as we don't make too much noise amongst all the vegetation."

Namdar draws his scimitar from its sheath and, as quietly as possible, slices through the few obstructing branches and vines that cannot easily be avoided, twirling the blade in his hand a few times just to show off.

He partially looks back over his shoulder while sheathing his sword again. "You are right, Lionel, an organized formation is needed, especially for those lesser trained in the martial disciplines." He stops and assesses the group.

"As noted, Skedvick and myself will lead a bit ahead of the rest of you normally, and when traveling, the trailing group probably should be single or double file at most, with the more able people in front and back: Beast, as a legitimate warrior, should probably be in back of the mages to bring up the rear, while Pundit the semi-skilled in combat cleric, can be to the side or front of the mages - it is a limited choice we have, with only one true warrior, and Skedvick the ranger probably being next best in battle, then Pundit or myself next in line, with the mages, being lesser armed and armored, are least suited to physical combat, but the plan is that their spells will make up for that difference, where they may be able to prevent or complicate combat for the enemy. If battle is joined and we are without cover, we need to go back to back, keeping the mages within our circle, presenting arms toward our enemies on all sides, and leaving the mages the safety from which to cast their magicks."

Namdar nods to everyone, turns and continues his trek through the edge of the woods through the somewhat passable trail he and Skedvick are able to make out and partially clear for the others.

Rather off topic, but...
I agree some way to keep track of who is who and what would be nice, but as a quick fix, we'll try to post this at least once per page so it can at least be located fairly easily from the same page being posted on.

In party order:
Namdar, half-orc traveling actor/Party Leader (JPatt)
Skedvick, half-elf Ranger (Krakyn)
Pundit, human Cleric (RPGPundit)
Krusten, elven Sorcereress (Krusten)
Lionel Cortez, human Sorcerer (Thomaslee)
"Beast", half-orc Warrior (Play by Post)

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 19th Nov, 2009 - 6:10am

19th Nov, 2009 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Namdar I think we best to approach this stead and see what he may know of the orc's movement. I suggest myself and one other, perhaps krusten ... A softer face often does more then a too firm of handshake. "Pausing, "Since you seem to like leader ship I will leave that to your wisdom."

19th Nov, 2009 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 16 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I agree about the approach, but if this is an orc farmer he won't care much about elven beauty, maybe a half-orc should go, but then again that could scare him. I say one human person might be better.

20th Nov, 2009 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"I agree, although I can cover my face and remain mostly human-looking to him, I will also be looking somewhat suspicious, plus I'm from another land. Pundit, being a cleric, might put the man more at ease. But I'd like to allow Lionel his moment, but I worry without a bit of an overhaul of his clothing, the farmer may pick him out to be a mage, and some people remain suspicious or even hostile toward magick users." Namdar looks at each in turn, and Krusten.

"I hate to say it, but I think Lionel is the best choice - he is quite charming, and Pundit, well, while a nice guy, he has an unfortunate... Gracelessness, that will likely unnerve the good farmer. And I think, though an elf, Krusten might be a good choice to send with him, as she is a pleasant, etherically radiant individual - her looks at least." The half-orc smirks slightly and nods to each, welcoming any thoughts or alternate plans.

Our Characters - there are also a couple on Page 1

20th Nov, 2009 - 4:44am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Born Free says...

Well of course you will want me there.

* She flings her hair while continuing to declare *

It is only natural that with my charms that farmer will find himself most willing and helpful.

* She then looks at Lionel *

...But I don't know about the both of us being there. We might not really agree about what to say.

* She looks back at Namdar *

No problem with me who you choose to go.

* She folds her arms while looking elsewhere as though she really doesn't care, but it is obvious her intentions to be chosen as the voice for the party in this moment are quite clear *

Reconcile Edited: Krusten on 20th Nov, 2009 - 4:45am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Nov, 2009 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 16

"Well I don't know your approach, but I would first put the farmer at ease, probably telling him I am a traveling storyteller, and if he guesses I am a magic user I"ll be honest for no other reason than if I lie and he sees through it would probable make him more hostile and suspicion of me. I will want the farmer to feel he can trust me, and able to put his troubles on such a concerned traveler." Lionel offers simply.

20th Nov, 2009 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 16

Namdar facepalms briefly, then joins the conversation.

"Well, it is a hard decision, though one person seems ok to go, I'm not sure about the revealing of being a mage. I agree it could be better to just be forthright, but it may upset the farmer. I also agree you could pose as a traveler, but as noted, he could discern you're a mage and be more upset as you also deceived him.

The point is though, what we're wanting to do is simply get information from him on any orc activity, and hopefully he'll be helpful if it is apparent we're going to be taking on some of them. Unless he's cooperating with them and that's why his farm is untouched - that would be bad. I think the weary traveler routine should be fine, as she IS a weary traveler, that isn't saying she's not also a mage, it's just not mentioning it specifically."

Namdar rubs his large, slightly olive color chin for a moment.

Namdar peers out of the trees at the farmer and cottage. "I just don't know. Although I hate to say it, I think honesty may be the best policy here - go up to him, introduce yourself and ask about orc activity, and if he asks why, if he seems a legitimate farmer, tell him you know some concerned and poor people that want to help make the farms and town safe, and collect some money, and would appreciate any help. How does that sound to everyone?"

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.