Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 21 of 590

I like plan #2, no sense in like battling - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Nov, 2009 - 8:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
25th Nov, 2009 - 6:16am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 21

The Half-Orc exhales slowly after a bit of work, hands on hips, looking at the progress, and hearing the ongoing discussions. "Hold, friends, hold. The fence is in pretty bad shape, and it's not like the farmer has a stack of pre-worked and suitable wood for the project - it isn't as simple as just moving existing fencing, it's creating it from scratch, or close, building new sections and patching it into the sturdy standing parts."

Namdar surveys the surrounding forest, then the entirety of the demolished fence, then the party, brows furrowed, chewing on his lip with one protruding tusk-like tooth, before tipping his head slightly to one side.

"I agree the total fence completion of near a week is questionable for how long we want to remain in this one spot to have a convenient base from which to pursue orcs. On the other hand, the possibility of us alone finding a group of them, without the benefit of familiarity and useful and reliable cover and defensive positions for us, could easily make us wish we had a nearby farmhouse and an obviously savvy and feisty farmer a short jog away.

And speaking of our host, a lot of farmers do tend to settle outside towns or settlements due to need for conditional seasonal meadow rangeland for the animals, to allow the farm's grass to recover, and of course for plenty of space for their crops. Usually, however, they practice sharecropping with each other and leave one field fallow, but this setup doesn't seem to indicate an additional field nor other nearby farm, and while not unheard of for very self-sufficient farmers, most do usually have a family or hired hands to help, especially with a large farm, many animals, depending what he plans to take to market, but he may be a widower or never married, something like that - sad but not a crime.

He might be a little 'touched' - but I don't see him as some nefarious confederate for the orcs; he seemed pretty genuine in his ire for them. And again, I feel we could do him a good turn by helping him with his fence, which can only bring good things on the wind for us, and to him also, and foster a mutually beneficial partnership for just a little elbow grease. 'Though I still have bread left over, I will eat your bread!' Will this endear a man to the household of his friend?

I think we should prepare our food and share with the man, as noted, he appears to be in over his head out here on his own and any kindness surely means a lot to him - and his contribution is the relative safety and comfort of his farm, which some people would deny a group such as ourselves. 'Hand added to hand, and a man's house is built up. Stomach added to stomach, and a man's house is destroyed.' as the Sumite proverb says.

But as I said, I'm not sure about a full week - I think I'll tell him that we'll work as long as we can, at least a few days, but depending on the situation, may need to go on before finishing, but would be glad to finish up when we return - and we'll at least be able to do a primitive patch-up job on it as it is in a few days if need be, so we can leave. But it seems like a good thing to get everyone's thoughts on, if you have any better than to work a few days and see how we feel about staying or g-"

Namdar stops abruptly, his eyes scanning the area as he turns his head from this side to that, hand on his scimitar's pommel. "Did anyone else... See that?" he asks quietly and flatly through barely moving lips.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 25th Nov, 2009 - 6:30am

Sponsored Links:
25th Nov, 2009 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Rolled a 5 on a d6 sorry was down a few days. Also soon be trying a new connection so here to hoping I stay on line. Jpatt if I do not post feel free to make my roll.

IC

"A week may seem long but I ask how important is it to have a place that is safe outside the walls of town. How many will start to trust us based on this farming spreading the word of a good deed. " pausing a bit he adds, "I am sure I seen tracks from rabbits and such perhaps I shall try my hand at a quick hunt."

25th Nov, 2009 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Maybe there is something else we can do now such as tiling the ground, cleaning his yard, feeding the animals if he has any? This might be an opportunity for horses?

25th Nov, 2009 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 21 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

ooc: Hey this is awesome everything has changed. Going to update my profile now. Has everyone rolled? We need to know what we hear.

25th Nov, 2009 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

rolled a 5-2 = 3 for hearing.

IC

"I think we need to mark that path they took so we can follow them and prepare for an attack this night. They were far too bold in watching us for me like'n"

25th Nov, 2009 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

"I'm weary of the orcs we saw and feel strongly that we will see them again and soon, I think we should at least have double guard tonight, also I think should keep an eye on the forests around the farm, but unless we try to follow them blindly, I think we should hold off on any action. I will start dinner, and make sure to make extra for our host." Lionel says, everyone clearly seeing how nervous Lionel is, and that he has that dark look on his face again.

(Out of Game) I will not be able to post tell Saturday after today.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Nov, 2009 - 9:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Nov, 2009 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 21

Namdar Al Sattar drapes his cowl about his now-serious face, looking in the direction of the departing orcs.

"That is troubling, that we have no way of knowing how long they have been watching us - these were trained as scouts I would think, from their behavior, as most orcs don't tend to be terribly stealthy or tricky. They are on their way back to wherever, to report their findings, most likely.

We have some choices:

1 - we can mark the trail and make full preparations to continue down it at a later time, but for now return to eat and set up watch(es) at the farm

2 - or we can also quickly mark their location when we saw them, and give immediate pursuit, hoping to catch up to them

Since the orcs have been here before and destroyed the fence, they likely know the location of this farm either way, and there won't be much confusion about what's going on and where, if they get back to warn the others. If we join the chase now, we can hope to catch up to them and prevent their alarm.

This is something I think we cannot wait to have a party vote on - time is too precious and of the essence at the moment, so unless someone wants to tell the farmer what's going on and maybe stay behind with him, everyone grab your gear right now and make haste to the trail and bear down upon the fleeing scouts to allow ourselves to maintain the element of surprise. "

The half-orc slings his pack around his shoulder and secures his scabbard and steps past the fence toward the forest.

"Hope that they aren't organized enough that the search parties sent when the two don't return, know exactly where they were supposed to be going, which would raise the alarm anyway and pinpoint us and this farm. This could also be a trap we're rushing into, but I feel we must take the chance, the risk, because having a small group of orcs try to ambush us as we enter the forest is still preferable than a whole army descending on us while at the farm - I also don't think these orcs can conceive an ambush plan so long in scope. We must act NOW. Skedvick and I in front, everyone else group up securely about 30 feet back, move out!"

Rather off topic, but...
Although I can probably still post a bit each day, I also anticipated the holiday may suspend the game for a couple of days for most other players, which is fine with me either way.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 26th Nov, 2009 - 12:27pm

26th Nov, 2009 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

I like plan #2, no sense in like battling all the orcs there are when we can take them out in small groups.

Rather off topic, but...
I'm game for anytime too.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.