Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 517 of 590

Okay then, some serious loot to be had, and - Page 517 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Mar, 2017 - 9:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 590 pgs.  513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
9th Mar, 2017 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 517

Born Free says...

Out of Character: I'm here as usual still have a lot of butt kicking to do. I'll upgrade my character later have stuff to do right now. Good gaming Sera and Txt.

Sponsored Links:
9th Mar, 2017 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I'm here for a while longer at least. I'm sorry to see Txtrpg and Seraphina to go, but with ICon, Krusten, and me, as well as the two new people, it shouldn't be too hard to continue on. I think that leaves us with two level 4 druids, a level 4 fighter, a level 2 warblade, and a level 2 rogue. It's not a bad group, and with three level 4s, the new guys should catch up quickly.

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 9th Mar, 2017 - 5:05pm

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2017 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: It was good gaming with you two, with luck we'll do so again.

Yes, we should be able to manage. But with Zork gone, we're back down to just one frontliner, which was a problem quite recently if you'll recall. Might I suggest particular caution in picking our next mission? (And by that I mean the mission after the one to get paid for the rest of the trade goods, which seems a bit of a nobrainer).

9th Mar, 2017 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 517 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I am all for getting the rest of the stuff, though Albrecht also wants to go out into the woods for 24 hours and get a black bear, so I am not sure if he should do that first and then catch up to the caravan, or if he should wait and do it after the party gets back.

As for front liners, as the Druids go up in level, they become better and better front liners. We are also now able to summon more creatures, so that can help too.

9th Mar, 2017 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

Out of Character: You have Krusten, that's like 3 fighters there… in all humility of course *wink* We could also hope someone else will join in and take a fighting roll or invite someone too. Those around me aren't into this.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2017 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: It would likely take a day or two to organize a caravan that large anyways on short notice. I suspect Albrecht will have time to do his thing outside of town without holding anyone else up at all.

And I'm certainly not discounting Krusten biggrin.gif But she seems to work best when the enemy isn't in her face, making being able to hold the enemy back a priority.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Mar, 2017 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 517

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I don't know if KNtoran wants this in the Character Creation thread, or if he doesn't care, but I am going to roll for my new animal companion's health here.

Albrecht Results:
  • Krama HP on D8 (+2): 10, 7, 9 (3 rolls, as D2-8)

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 517

Okay then, some serious loot to be had, and we need to make some decisions. All told, after the extremely expensive identification services (Yeesh, that spell only costs 100gp to cast, talk about a markup…), and the trip back to the cave for the rest, we'll have 20,000 GP in trade credit. And we have no reason not to sell the wardrobes for 12,000 more (There were 2 of them right?).

I suggest holding onto all the potions for what should be obvious reasons.

Probably keep the Chests of Holding as well, unless their value is a lot higher than I expect. I suggest installing them into the war wagon, along with a very good lock on the door of the same. We should be able to turn that thing into an effective mobile base with a few modifications.

Wand of Fireballs is a definite keep, should be very useful, especially since we lack an arcane caster

I presume by wand of wonder, Kn means rod of wonder. Or perhaps it is a homebrew wand based on the latter. Either way, I strongly suggest selling it. The effects are far too unpredictable, and can easily hinder us just as much or more than our foe.

+3 leather armor and chain mail. I presume one of our druids would like to claim the former. Krusten is the only one still with the group able to use the chain mail, but I don't know if that would actually be an improvement given that she's a Dexterity build. If not, we can sell the thing.

+4 quarterstaff and longsword. Again, I believe one of the druids can claim the former. Bastion would seem to be the obvious recipient of the latter, but that partially depends on our last item…

The Rod of Lordly Might. Very versatile and powerful magic item. Of greatest use in the hands of a skilled melee combatant, as aside from turning into various martial melee weapons, it has several crowd control abilities that either require melee touch attacks or are most effective right next to a group of enemies. So again Bastion would seem to be the obvious recipient. Of course, on the other hand, it is also the single most expensive item here, with a whopping 70,000 gp price tag. I would really hate to let go of such an incredibly useful thing, even if it wasn't my character likely to be holding it, but I must admit the money could go a long way towards other stuff. (If we do keep it, Bastion would have considerably less need for the +4 longsword, so Krusten could keep that for a backup weapon, or we could get good money by selling it, market price is 32,000)

As to funds distribution, there does not appear to be any way to divide it evenly given the high value of the magic items in the pile. (Well, not unless we just sell everything, but that would be a massive waste) I suggest that for now, anyone who claims a major magic item forfeits all but 200 GP (By all means adjust the number, just thinking everyone likely has some needed expenses) worth of their share of currency. Those who did not get a major magic item this round not only gets a much larger slice of the gold pie, but has first dibs on magic items the next time we need to make a decision like this.

What are your thoughts?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Mar, 2017 - 9:50pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.